Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
MAFIA... and other forum games
Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

There seems to be one big RP like game going on, and thats Mafia, but now I present this question. What kinds of rps do you guys want? I'm curious because maybe if people give ideas we could make another one for people to enjoy. Just a thought I figured I'd throw the question out there. See if we can make a good combo of sorts.

Oh right, completely forgot to state my own idea.

I was thinking a challenge like RP involving some sort of tower/dungeon of sorts.
(Generic I know. I'm being vague here)

Haven't quite hammered out how it would work though.

Maybe something DnD styled, with a game master who designs boss fights and things and throws them at the players. Everyone loves a giant drooling behemoth breathing on them as they're trying to figure out wheither they should swing at it, run, or just piss themselves. (Preferably not the latter as it's nasty to clean that crap up)

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Set that shit up and I'd join.
Everybody should have a player chart where points can be spent, after every game the ones that survived get more points. And instead of dice it should just be attacks that need to be carefully chosen for big enemies.

Posted at

moved to the forum games forum

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Well we can start doing something as soon as we know enough people are interested in it.

Kinda hard to do play a game with just two people.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I want to play! Can it be like a bunch of dimensions forming in a underground cave, portals to other worlds that must be entered through to defeat the portal makers there? Something like that? Because I would hate to be stuck with just medivial the entire game, or just fallout style game description, or just limited to wartorn WWII. I'm thinking, portals opening up everywhere, teams, two of them. One of good, trying to close the portals, and one of evil, keeping them open, merging the worlds into chaos, killing, and war. And maybe for some bosses, misguided heros? Like an ancient knight, in gleaming armor, just confused, bad guys convinced him holding the portal open ius gopod, because he has a flashback to when he was hodling open a opening for a group of survivors somewhere in the past. he thinks it is back then, and sees the group of heros as the assasians he fought back then. In the end, he realizes he did wrong, apologizes, and is at peace. Like the vietnam veteran in Dead Rising, remember? Fighting Frank West?

Anyways, if it has that idea, SIGN ME UP!

Although then again, I could sign up for a generic staying in mediveial one also…eh, I'm in either way!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Ha, deflected! Fool, you won't last two dice rolls, haven't you learned anything of games, board or video? A Mettaur is invulnerable with his helmet, when worn, and it cannot be removed by anyone but the Mettaur himself! So bam! I shoot Same in the shoulder (-7 health!), because we will probably need him later as a warrior or something, someone has to deal with the dungeon rats while we're busy with the big game. So, maybe we should go to the Inn? I heard that they're lots of eager adventurers there! Onward, and mediviel talk I don't like, so I'm going to talk normally for now until furter notice! Alright, who's buying the first round of drinks?

same
same
Posted at

You are the fool. Youre a level 9 dewarf. You stand no chance agains me a level 25 dark elf and my blade of Agralor! Ye shall be vanquished short one! I will sacrefice you to the dead gods! Hehe roleplaying

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

It hasn't started yet guys…
Let's see, for dungeons and dragons online:

- A dungeon master is needed.
- A clear set of rules needs to be made, like for example that every line posted needs to be in character or you get punished.
- A setting needs to be discussed, like medieval, or sci-fi, or when all else fails possibly fallout (I sure hope not).
- A system of leveling needs to be made, so that it is actually possible to become more powerfull with each game.
- A PvP area needs to be set up.
- A coffee needs to be bought for Kroatz.
- A standard set of items needs to be created, with a list of specs.
- Images accompanying these items need to be made.
- A list of general information about monsters, classes and stuff needs to be made.
- Character sheets need to be made and customized for every single peson that chooses to join.

It would be best if a seperate forum would be made for this, maybe inside a comic forum?
I'd really like to help, and since it was Zeph's Idea, he should be comic admin then…

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I would love to help with this! Maybe our type of characters should be based on our names? Like me, I'm a Mettaur, kinda like a dwarf, but not actually a dwarf. Anyway, Same is called "same" after all, maybe he should be transformed into whatever enemy there is the most of in each game? You know, being the "same"? Seriously, I would love to help with enemies stats and stuff, I've always wanted to help with this! If by always you mean the last few months, but yeah, would love to help!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Damn, double posted…eh, sorry folks! I'll make it up by helping design low level enemies!

same
same
Posted at

Or make your own. Then the GM gives us our stats.

Dibs on Dark elf!

Bosses could be implemented. Zeph being the DM/God of the game decides weither a player was successful or not. This will take a little bit of work but im sure it could be pulled together.

Posted at

I would join if you set a game like this up. I also like Mettaur's idea of having mulitple genres somehow, so that it's not always the same. Maybe something a little like Chrono Trigger?

Edit: Oh and while I'm useless at stuff like coming up with stats I could help with any story related issues like creating villains and other NPCs or world building.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Hmmm. Maybe Techno Fantasy for the Genre.

Basically the future with fantasy aspects to it. We can have armies of robots, and crazy elves ect.

Just a suggestion. Kinda blends both medeval and futuristic. If anyones ever played star ocean.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

How about a tower of time. You start out at the lowest level beating goblins with swords, and at the top, you're running around blasting lazers at things.Yeah I know kinda vague.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I could run up a proposal idea sometime, with how the layout would work, when I get the time. -makes sick face- my choclate shake isn't sitting well at the moment.

same
same
Posted at

Id be happy to help with crap. Although im not too good with ideas as its already been seen. But atleast theyd be original. I could help with a concept for the levels of the tower. I just need a minute.

Posted at

I think I'd like the techno fantasy more than the tower of time, but whatever you decide to do I'll play.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Alright, I'm thinking techno fantasy, this thing is like some sort of cyborg behemoth rhino thing. (I GOT BORED!)

As for the kind of monsters that players will be facing.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

If it's techno then:
Techno wisp.

Giant spider rat.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.