Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

hmmm a comic involving shadow people, i could help ya work out the plot if your still up for it.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I've had moments in my life where, out of the corner of my eye, I'll see something. Maybe I think there's a dog on the porch, or someone entering a door only to find the room empty. I remember one night waking up to see a black figure with red eyes staring at me. Then I turned on the light, and once my eyes adjusted to the light, realized that I was half-asleep and happened to get a blurry shot of my digital clock (with red numbers) next to a jacket layed across a chair.

I'm not really one to deny the possibility of the paranormal; lord knows i've had one or two experiences, but I think it's important to look at these things with a critical eye. I know we all like to feel special in one way or another, and what's more powerful than realizing that you're the only one with the power to see this phenomenon (even if it does scare the bejeezus out of you). All I can say is, next time you catch a mysterious figure in the corner of your eye, take some time to see what could have caused it.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

All I can say is, next time you catch a mysterious figure in the corner of your eye, take some time to see what could have caused it.

Every time I see something odd I do try to mull over it in a scientific manner to figure out what MIGHT have caused it. Unfortunately, we as human being can't always find a logical answer.

hmmm a comic involving shadow people, i could help ya work out the plot if your still up for it.

Shadow people have always been set to be one of Equinox's main races. Writing for things that scares the shit out of me is the only way I can cope with fear.

To this day, i still have trouble getting to sleep when i think about the thing at the end of my bed, and the fact that i wasn't the only one who has experienced such a thing makes me curious. I kind of think my house is haunted.

And the disturbing thing is that reports of seeing these things are increasing drastically. Apparently more and more people are finding these shadow people. And it's nice to know that other rational people have seen them. It shows me that I'm not crazy.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

And the disturbing thing is that reports of seeing these things are increasing drastically. Apparently more and more people are finding these shadow people. And it's nice to know that other rational people have seen them. It shows me that I'm not crazy.
That is because the population is growing

Increased Population + Death = More Shadow People.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Does anyone get this sort of thing with sound as well as sight? I hear sounds like voices played backwards.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Actually, yes, I do occasionally hear unsual things that can't possibly be there. It's rare, but I will occasionally hear things that cannot possibly have been there, some of which includes heavily distorted voices. Of course, this could just be the result of my bad hearing, so I'm not going to count any unusual thing I hear as something paranormal.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

if you put a tape recorderon for 24/7 in your house, you might end up with a few EVP's.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

if you put a tape recorderon for 24/7 in your house, you might end up with a few EVP's.

If you put a tape recorder anywhere for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you're bound to pick up some unusual sounds, not the least of which will be the strains of technology not designed to operate for that length attempt to cope with the stress.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

But there is techonology available that is designed to cope with that kind of use.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Fairies are stealing my toothpaste.
They also fill my keyboard with cat fur.
This needs paranormal investigation!

Posted at

i'm a pattern freak. i can see faces out of a pebbled ground, etc. used to scare me as a kid. a plastic bag caught in a brush became a ghost hand waving in the wind. i'm nearsighted too. never wear my glasses- like the muted look of things. i had a dream once where i thought someone standing beside my bed. i could see them thru half-opened eyes. i gathered up my courage and attacked. i slammed my fist into the poster of a person that i had hanging on the wall by my bed. boy, i felt stupid. if i'm at home, i see something out of the corner of my eye, i think it's a cat. if i'm in public, i assume it's a person. if i'm crossing a road, it's a car and i scurry. a few times, it has been-because who cares about pedestrians in this city. so in a way, this Pareidolia has a use.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Fairies are stealing my toothpaste.
They also fill my keyboard with cat fur.
This needs paranormal investigation!
Who you gonna call?

Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

While messing around on Wikipedia earlier I found this article on a paranormal phenomena involving 'shadow people'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Holy shit, so thats what people call them huh?
I see these things too, though ive never seen them with red eyes. They've just been big adult sized black silhouettes that dash away when i spot them.

Scare me so much though, i freeze whenever i spot one.

I remember one time, i was on the phone with my bf late at night. all the lights were off apart from the room i was in, and i looked up to see this big black thing dash past the door in the kitchen, completely froze and couldnt speak.

But yea, i cant go anywhere dark without a light of sorts, i am totally afraid of the dark :s even have to sleep with fairylights on.
I always put it down to having an overly active imagination though.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

i'm a pattern freak. i can see faces out of a pebbled ground, etc.

I just want to stop you right there. Seeing faces out of a pebbled ground is nothing new. Every human being is trained from the day they are born to recognized faces in patterns. It's how we learn to identify people from one another.
I'm the same way, seeing faces in textured ceilings, grassy hills or droplets of water on a window.

So don't be too freaked out about that.

You may continue your topic of shadow sightings. =D

Posted at

The only thing I'm superstitious about is numbers. Like, have you seen the previews for the Number 23? It's the same deal, except I see patterns in ALL numbers, not just one particular magic number like in that movie. Actually a friend of mine believes the number 22 is following him and has compiled a sheet of evidence. But he's a moron. (Don't tell him I said that.)

I suppose the reason I've never seen thse shadow people is I've never been afraid of the dark, always had really good night vision, and always had really good vision in general. However, also on that page they describe the half-waking, half-dreaming state of Hypnogogia, and I've had that several times. It's SO FREAKING COOL.

Posted at

hahaha
number phobia…
the movie "PI" had something like that. PI was suppose to be the answer to the universe and the koran was written in mathematical language. and mathematics is the language of the universe and God is the universe…Einstien was trying to predict what God would do next, but he died before he could come up with that equation.

Posted at

Funny, the ones I see aren't like people at all. They're karge 6-7 ft + shadows that move so fast that you only see them within a split second. I usually see them outside, especially when I'm driving or about to get in my car. For some odd reason these large shadows like to follow me when I'm about to go for a drive or already driving. They walk upright, and unfortunately to my dismay they have long claws that look to be about a foot long each claw. They scare the shit out of me because they don't seem like humans at all, they're more like animals - but not even like that, they're cold and unfeeling.

And I don't see them in my peripheral vision, I see them directly.

I haven't seen the glowing red eyes though, I've never been close enough to them to see that aspect of them.

I usually chalk it up to a vivid imagination because it's only happened a couple of times. But it still freaks me out because my hair stands on end, the temperature drops, and I get really affraid for no reason at all.

:/ Poor Einstien. He could've been the next messiah, but now he's only known for what? Wild hair!

Posted at

I see those out of the corners of my eyes… It's pretty scary. My computer is againsy the wall, so when I sit at it, I always hear things behind me, I look, and sometimes I'll glimpse a black thing. On I'll be sitting and see something to the left. Not really to my right, though… Man, now I'm all freaked out.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

hmmmm… I see opportunities here.
Send me $600 US dollars and I'll give you a special magnetic hairbrush that will protect you from the dark demons.
Send me another $600 US dollars and I'll send you my course of educational CDs "Working the Shadow", they'll help you learn the true power that is within you! You'll be able to see and even control the shadow entities whenever you wish. Want a better girlfriend? Want more money? Want a better job? Want revenge on someone who has wronged you? Well, after my special course on 6 CDs, you'll be able to make the shadow people DO YOUR BIDDING!
That's right: anything you want!
Unleash the power within!

Shadow people keyring thrown in for no extra charge.
Contact me today and receive my bonus course: THE MAGIC OF NUMBERS.
-Offer ends today.

-The proprietor holds no responsibility for lack of results due to the shadow people not existing in the first place.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Stuff

We got your point ages ago. If you wish to criticize us or express skepticism, then can you at least do it intelligently?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Send $600 US dollars and I'll consider it.

…besides, what's so "unintelligent" about opinion expressed through parody and satire? Especially compared to, say, unquestioning belief in supernatural entities that clearly defy logic, natural law, reality, and sense*? I contend that one approach is as valid as the other… One is certainly more entertaining than the other.

*but not possibility

-Although I don't want to be directly antagonistic to you or anyone in particular Rich, so please don't take anything I write personally. Rather, it's a general comment on the direction of the thread. If I do cause offence to you or anyone else , I'd encourage you to PQ me so that we can resolve matters speedily and amicably. :)

Posted at

The only time I ever feel like there's another presence is when I start thinking about ghosts and urban legends and stuff.

For example, a year ago, I geeked out and painted a black mage onto my wall. It's right next to my bed, whenever I start thinking about monsters at night, I spot a shadow out of the corner of my eye, and it always turns out to be that painting.

Actually, once I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like there was something in the room. It made me really scared. I froze completely because I thought some lunatic had snuck in through the window. Suddenly, I felt something on my back, I flipped over to face my attacker and…

the cat was sitting there staring at me with her wide eyes. My reaction must have freaked her out too, because her eyes doubled in size with alarm.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Actually, yes, I do occasionally hear unsual things that can't possibly be there. It's rare, but I will occasionally hear things that cannot possibly have been there, some of which includes heavily distorted voices. Of course, this could just be the result of my bad hearing, so I'm not going to count any unusual thing I hear as something paranormal.

I've been doing that since i was a kid, a lot of times id come up to one of my homies and say "you were calling me?" then they go "no, no ones calling you" but in actuality i heard someone calling me. there was a time it got so bad i was even sleepwalking and my parents say i was always mumbling of someone calling me.

Weve also had stories of shadow people but i always thought them to be guardian spirit stuff or something not in the least scary and that it was supposed to be hereditary. weird.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

I think it's really weird that so many people see these o.O I've had one strange "encounter" a few years ago. I suddenly became wide awake in the middle of the night because I heard a slow, intense violin swell in a minor/diminished key…it was really creepy. It sounded like it was right in my head, like I had headphones on but I didn't. Then I heard a creaky, "demon" or orc-like voice say something very distinctly that I remembered for a while, but have since forgotten. It wasn't English, and it wasn't backwards. Just weird. I got really creeped out by hearing that, and I psyched myself more and morei nto thinking and feeling something was in my room, so I got up and went to go into my mom's room, and I saw and bumped into a shadowy grey blob thing. It felt cold when I passed next to it, and it had a polarized, magnet kind of push against me. I rushed away and slept the rest of the night in my mom's room, and I heard lots of creaking the whole time. Looking back, it was most likely regular odd creaking, but it sounded awfully deliberate and slow at the time.

Probably an overactive imagination, but whatever. It was scary.

Does anyone get this sort of thing with sound as well as sight? I hear sounds like voices played backwards.

Yeah, I've gotten backwards-playing voices randomly since I was 11 and got strep throat. I had MASSIVE waking fever hallucinations while I was sick, and heard these hideous backwards voices for what felt like hours. Since then, they've been an integral part to every occuring nightmare I have, and I hear them … eh, I'd say once a month or so, maybe less, while I'm awake. Just for a couple seconds. It doesn't creep me out, I think it's psychological. It's creepy, but doesn't bother me in a deep, shuddering way like what I described above did.

The voices usually sound like my mom being angry and/or scared. But backwards, and sped up.

… … D: I sound crazy.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.