Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
marine
marine
Posted at

The features that grind-ed my gears were that you had to have separate accounts for separate comics, could only upload one page a day, and rigging up updates was a lot trickier.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I had hundreds of cookies that people kept giving me… Because some error made it so I could never give them away!

all gone with the crash..
There was also some kind of point system. I forget exactly how it worked, but after so much accumulation, you could win prizes from Drunk Duck. I actually cashed some of mine in shortly before the big crash and bought that copy of Photoshop that had been there forever.
You jammy bastard!!!!! Hahahahaha! Bastard, bastard, bastard!

Bastard!

HA! Man… you could gamble your cookies for duckbills and with the duckbills you could buy various things… Man, I was always thinking about that but never got around to it and you actually did! Bastard! in before the crash… Sneaky ;)

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Bastard?! Now is that any way to talk to a sweet guy such as myself?

Yes, I pulled a sneaky and actually cashed in some duck bills before I lost them. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that I cashed them in the very moment I had enough to get the disc, so I didn't waste any time at all.

There were a couple other things there, too. I think there was a Cowboy Bebop DVD that I was eyeing up, but I never grabbed it. Wasn't there like a comicbook, too? Whatever happened to those prizes?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yes, I think the comic was a Drunk Duck anthology or something? Drunk and Disorderly? Man… I miss that swag… :(
I'd always just look at it and think "maybe one day…". HA! Like a big groovy toy in the window of a toyshop when you're a little kid :)

Posted at

lol… i remember cookies.
cookies were delicious but i could never figure out what to do with them.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

I had hundreds of cookies that people kept giving me… Because some error made it so I could never give them away!

all gone with the crash..

You gave it all to me, remember?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hahahaha, I remember that now ^_^

Posted at

Man. I only JUST joined January of 2006. The website's gone through insane changes since then.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Ah i remember that one. I was orgasmic everytime i see my comic up there.

Posted at

My comic was almost always top fifty those days. Now I'm lucky if I can get it under a hundred…

junoblairb
junoblairb
Posted at

Semi Old Duck.

*sniff*…..my comic was number 3….

*double sniff* That was a day after my comic was number 1.

Awww. Good times.

I never got to take part in the 2006 stuff because that's when I had my fiasco. It was pretty though!

[edit] What were the cookies for again?

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Juno's comment just made me wonder "Who's #1 nowadays?" Like, "Wow, who's making Juno cry?"

And it's… Pinky TA.

Oh okay. I can respect that.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No you can't! I shouldn't be there, someone should take Pinky TA's place! :gem:

I was 8th in that screeni… but I did bounce to number 1 a few times back then. I liked that system a little better in that the list cycled through pretty regularly. It still cycles these days but a lot slower. Ha, I'm never happy! :P

junoblairb
junoblairb
Posted at

Juno's comment just made me wonder "Who's #1 nowadays?" Like, "Wow, who's making Juno cry?"

And it's… Pinky TA.

LOL So can I. XD Ozone deserves it. I don't so much anymore. ^_^"

I miss how the list cycled too kinda but I think with this design it may get a little harder to keep track of. I think it would be harder to integrate in a way that would make it effective not only design-wise but in a way that made it useful content-wise.

God bless it, web designer in the back of my head needs to go back to sleep! XD

Posted at

earliest i could find.

//oh, BTW. not funny. nor am i helpful. (just found the duck three months ago.)
———–
No advertisements back then?

crazyduck
crazyduck
Posted at

I think that's what it looked like around the time I joined…except that Buzz Comix logo wasn't there yet.

.. you could gamble your cookies for duckbills and with the duckbills you could buy various things…

I have a memory of me saving up duck bills for a Cowboy Bebop DVD, but I never had enough…does any one remember there being a Cowboy Bebop DVD or is my mind finally going?

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I always liked that little grinning avatar of Skoolmunkee. It's very cute without being anime-ish.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.