Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Online Stores?

Posted at

Does anyone else here have an online shop? I'm thinking of Etsy specifically, but even a personally made one would be cool. I love to see what people have made and are selling. :) I've got an Etsy. I just started it and I'm very excited by the prospect of people wearing something I made! :D

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Maybe once I finish programming this game I've been trying to work on I'll sell it through an online shop, though I need to find out first if I need a business license…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Funny you should post about this! O_o
Can you read minds????

Over the past day or two I've been PQing Skoolmunkee about the possibility of setting up an art-for-sale mega-thread on DD, so that people with original artworks have somewhere central to advertise and sell them, with newsposts to help advertise new pieces when they become available.
-Payment and delivery to be organised by the buyers and sellers.

Needs some ironing out, but I've been wondering if there'd be interest in it; not just from those wishing to sell works, but would there be many buyers?

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I have a Last Call merchandise store on CafePress, and it's good stuff. I've bought a Last Call mug, bumper sticker, and a couple T-shirts and all of them came out great. I've also used CafePress to make my own wedding announcements and Christmas cards.

Ozone, I like your idea, though I'm not sure how something like that could work…maybe people who want to participate could set up accounts on eBay, and if they have something to sell, post their eBay link on the "art-for-sale mega thread"? Not sure. I've tried to sell drawings via eBay and it failed miserably. There's so many things on sale at eBay that most postings get buried in a sea of stuff.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

eBay
I thought about that, but then I thought that it's using e-bay as a useless middleman that takes an undeserved cut. :(

I suppose the thing isn't to attract buyers from all over, just ones who're interested in DD and the artists here, and specifically original artworks. -Paintings, comic pages, sketches, sketchbooks…

It wouldn't be too tricky to execute, since the buyers and sellers can make their own arrangements, the thing is to have a visible, central place here where people could acquire other's work.

—————
Advertising online shops… hmm. That would have a separate thread. or only be included in a buying and selling one if the artist was selling original work at the time.
————–

BUT. The idea can hang fire for a while, there are other factors right now.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Funny you should post about this! O_o
Can you read minds????

Over the past day or two I've been PQing Skoolmunkee about the possibility of setting up an art-for-sale mega-thread on DD, so that people with original artworks have somewhere central to advertise and sell them, with newsposts to help advertise new pieces when they become available.
-Payment and delivery to be organised by the buyers and sellers.

Needs some ironing out, but I've been wondering if there'd be interest in it; not just from those wishing to sell works, but would there be many buyers?

that'd be awesome! i think you guys should do it!

i have a putrid meat store over at cafepress.noone buys anything though,buncha loosers.actually it's kinda expensive,its hard to make a profit without making yer merch expensive. i mean i havent even bought anything yet.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

that would be cool. a DD original art site, with commissions. :P

and yea..

ebay is only cool when you're selling crap that you want out of your house, or getting really cool stuff for really cheap.

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

Yeah if you really are interested in selling T-Shirts IMHO, you're better off just putting up the cash and get a small batch printed by a screenprinter. You have a better chance of making a profit I'd think. If you manage to sell them all.

You're gonna have to have some pretty loyal readers for them to shell out 21.00 dollars for a CafePress T-Shirt. Where as, if you printed them yourself, you could probably sell at 16, 15 or 14 and still make more of a profit per shirt.

As far as how to sell your art. If both the buyer and the seller had Paypal accounts, you could just exchange e-mail accounts through PayPal and work something out through them.

You would be giving PayPal a small fee, but not as much as going through Ebay.

Posted at

I think DD is a small enough site that having a megathread where users can post art for sale (and remove the post when it's sold or whatever, so people can 'move up') would work. Hopefully there wouldn't be any seller problems because I would really hate to get involved in that kind of dispute or have to come up with some sort of feedback management. :]

To answer the original question though, I do have an etsy URL, which I got over a year ago to try and sell the original art from all the Pokemon I drew. It is really hard to sell original art there, it's mainly a 'crafts' site. I didn't sell any of the little booklets I had made. :

Posted at

It would be nice to be able to do commissions on here and then do payments through PayPal at an agreement you get with the artist/buyer. It would really help to that you would already be selling to your intended audience directly! :)

Posted at

well, as of late I've had a lot of business with commission work and selling art, and I think this is a brilliant idea! I think paypal is the best way to get the whole thing sorted, seller-direct-to-buyer sort of thing, I guess email contact would have to be made and such. I'll be keeping tabs on this gem of an idea!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.