Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Other forums

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

Just out of curiosity…

What other forums do DrunkDuckers like to haunt?
Please do not say [adult swim].

Posted at

The GAFF boards - yeah, I spend quite a lot of my procrastinating time mocking bad fanfiction. It's nice, really; I've got nothing against boards where the rules say to play nice with the other children and be respectful and whatnot, but sometimes I just feel like being mean for a while. :P

I'm on the NaNoWriMo boards, too, but only during September/October/November - and anyway, it's growing a bit too large for me. There's no way I can keep up with the discussion threads, since I live in a vastly different timezone from the majority of the posters.

Posted at

Somethingawful and occasionally lurking in Gamedev.net, really.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I don't like other forums.

Posted at

I'm here, obviously, but I also frequent the Mobygames board, the Mack Bolan board, and since I work for Victory Games International, I'm at their new English board a lot, either posting or working it as an admin, even though they don't go live for another three or so days, leaving me with little to nothing to admin.

But this one is still my favorite. It's just the quality here, I suppose. :)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I lurk SA, and 4chan. But I honestly just dont care enough for forums to bother posting on them seriously. Besides, SA is ten bucks and I'm a cheap bastard, and 4chan is only semi-tolerable. I used to post on HPKomics, but just dropped out of that over time. Also, I used to post a ton on Adult Swim, but I just can't bring myself to doing it anymore (that forum is shit anyway).

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I don't really post in other forums.
Occasionally when I read comics on other sites, I post in the forum a few times.
Not much though…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

… various other boards… Eh. there's only so much time for posting on message boards though isn't there? So now I'm DD exclusive.

Posted at

I lurk on SA sometimes, but I doubt I'd ever buy an account.

I'm really just to lazy/forgetful to visit other forums. I used to join up on others and then forget about them after a few days, so I don't bother trying any more.

Posted at

Mostly the Shadowline forums. Both the sub-board on Image forums and the Kris' Korner one. Not that I view Shadowline as that much better than the rest of image, these boards just have better atmosphere :)
…and the main Image board is strictly business so to say.

Other than that I used to venture to Angelspit board, but I didn't have time to drop by in ages.

Other boards went away ages ago.

Posted at

I'm somewhat a regular on Megatokyo forums. I've been there for a long time actually (and in fact, I found out about DrunkDuck there!)

I'm not a very active forumgoer generally and massive forums tend to discourage me from really getting into the community.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

None. I hate forums, socializing, community, etc. People intimidate me and cause no end of stress. – Which is why I downright refuse to have any kind of instant messenger, and chat rooms are digital torture chambers.

I wouldn't be in this one if curiosity (and the desire to discuss my story and ones I've read) hadn't gotten the best of me.

Posted at

The only other forum I visit is SA. I usually lurk but sometimes will post in the webcomics thread in BSS or in Pet Island. I mostly just hang on to SA because of the wonderful photoshop threads that pop up every now and then. :)

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I go to an internet secret club.

You are not allowed.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

I go to an internet secret club.

You are not allowed.

What!!!!! But myxo-chan, what about all the wonderful times we've had T_T ?!
It's cause im a girl, isn't it!?

Daxy
Daxy
Posted at

I'm a hexxaholic. However I find since it's merged with that myb (my year book) site I've been frequenting it less. They've really made it more unaccessible than needed.

Zenhex is about it though. I'm not so good with forums XD

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

JustNoPoint set up a private forum for Off Hours and I hang out there regularly, posting all kinds of fun and silliness. (Ooooooh, private!)

Besides that, I have no patience for other forums…

When I played The Saga of Ryzom MMORPG (man, that was a great game…once), I hung out there and enjoyed that quite a bit. That was a really nice community, for the most part. But that over a year ago…

Posted at

Nah, just this one… and even then not much.
Terminal, I love your new avatar!
(This comment probably shows how long it's been since I've been here)

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Sorry at my late reply, mishi. I don't think I've ever been part of a community like DD. Even the silliest person in this place has a level of maturity that you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere else. :) It's great.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

This comment probably shows how long it's been since I've been here
Heh, it doesn't, it really is new. :)

Posted at

A few, mostly secret game developer forums…

*shifty eyes*

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'm a DD devotee. This is the only forum I've been interested in browsing/contributing to - ever. I think it's because you guys are all so awesome - plus there's remarkably little drama (well, in the areas *I* frequent).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.