Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
oldguy85
oldguy85
Posted at

The old guy part is on my orfile ,but I tried to new register on a site once and oldguy was taken. So 85 mostly to mess with people but it is easy for me to remember.
I didn't think this to be an interesting topic, but I was wrong. Thanks, Dave

warefish
warefish
Posted at

People call me "Fish" anyway. So it's not that big a deal for me.

Pokkon
Pokkon
Posted at

I remember playing a videogame in which one of the characters I had made such an adorable sound, I just had to tell a friend of mine about it. Describing what it sounded like was kinda hard, but in the end I told her it sounded like "pokkon!", so she and a few other people started calling me that. xD

Posted at

My name isn't Air Raid Robertson, believe it or not. That's just the title of my "flagship comic", so to speak.

I'm not keeping my real name a secret though. I sign every strip I post on here.

Well, I use a typewriter font, but you get the idea.

Gillespie
Gillespie
Posted at

Gillespie is my last name. I really like it, so that's my commons account name. I used to go by MetalFire, but I thought skulls were really cool back then as well (I had a flaming skull with horns as my logo). I still sort of do. :P
Being as I'm under 20, I thought it would be a good idea as to not get too personal with you creeps. (kidding, you guys are cool)

Aaaand that's why!

Posted at

I was trying to think of a name for a character and I wanted it to sound fancy. For some reason, this drive me to look through latin words.

Ten minutes later, I have a list of about eight words that look good, and I started mixing and matching. Victoria Lunaris (Victory of the Moon, I think was what it translated to) was my first choice…but I had this notion to switch things up at the last minute. Literally.

I've wound up using the name for roleplaying characters, short story characters, usernames on forums and instant messaging clients, and more. I don't know why, I just like it.

Posted at

I was on my way home from school when I somehow realized how stupidly awesome it would be to make a t-shirt that says "Today is Monday", and never actually wearing it on a Monday. The day after that I was making an account on here and I didn't feel like using any of my usual usernames, so I left the registration window open for a while while I did some other stuff. Then I suddenly remembered my idea and decided to write it down somewhere so I wouldn't forget it again, and wrote it down as my username here.

I haven't made the shirt yet though.

Posted at

My username is the name used by many of my students and customers.
It was created for my TV show (which I will get around to doing properly some day soon) and it sums up 'what I do' quite nicely.
My real name sounds like a great place to go fishing (so I've been told)

istaerlus
istaerlus
Posted at

I used to go by a different user name that I identified with more. But I ruined it with stupid behavior and other such trouble foolish teens get into.

Now that I've returned to various internet communities several years later I wanted a fresh start and for no one to recognize me. I couldn't decide what to call myself, and I didn't really want to use my real name because I don't like it much in RL either. So I used the name of one of the characters in my books, just on a whim. The funny thing is the character I used isn't the one I really see as myself. But Istaerlus sounds more interesting then the other character's name, Shepherd, and Shepherd being fairly common name usually means it's already used by the time I sign up.

Posted at

I use Cirien Phoenix (or variations of it) because it's connected to dozens of accounts that I have on different sites. If someone were to type it in, they would be able to find my fictionpress, my blog, etc. While they could find potentially personal information, I've taken the time to make sure that anything that could be dangerous to me has been hidden. It's my way that I've made a web of all my creative works online. Plus, the name is original enough and I haven't abused it, so it should be good for years and years.

Plus, my real name is pretty plain.

Posted at

I don't actually like my username very much, I wish I had come up with something more clever and less dorky when I had needed one. Changing it would be a wholesale thing though, just about every account I have is skoolmunkee-related (different passwords of course)… the upside is that no one else is using the name because of the spelling, the downside is that I always have to spell it and it sounds dumb when I'm telling anyone. :[

pastel
pastel
Posted at

I think when your name is something that is pretty common, you can still keep a level of anonymity on the internet.

For example, when typing 'jason rivera' into google, I got over 6 million hits. When I type in my own name, I got roughly 350. Yeesh D:

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

When my mom sees my username she's always like:
Mom:'Skull-bye? What's skull-bye!? D: Is that u? are u skull-bye???? D8'
Me:'-_- ….it's skull-bee…go away..'
Mom:'skull-BEE? what kind of name is skull-BEE? hurrhrur so that's you, huh, skull-bye?? i meen skull-BEE 8B'

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

My brother once gave me a playboy magazine and I actually read it. Among the useless facts presented was that the symbol for infinity, the lying 8, is called Lemniskate ("lemniscate" in English), and this seemed like such a cool word to me that I had to use it. I first used it as a username here on the Duck and since then wherever I can.
The other cool word I considered was Ampersand, the name of the &, but it seemed to be slightly better known, so I opted against it.

Posted at

When my mom sees my username she's always like:
Mom:'Skull-bye? What's skull-bye!? D: Is that u? are u skull-bye???? D8'
Me:'-_- ….it's skull-bee…go away..'
Mom:'skull-BEE? what kind of name is skull-BEE? hurrhrur so that's you, huh, skull-bye?? i meen skull-BEE 8B'

For some reason I've always mentally associated your username with like… those little skull clips that babydoll goths put in their hair.

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

NickGuy…my name is Nick….and I'm a guy. if you want to know my full name, go to my profile…and take a moment to stop and read KFK, updating every other day!

shabadoowopabdabam!

Djeinus
Djeinus
Posted at

It was a name I came up for a guitar duo. The full name of that duo was Djeinus & Einus, and gullas was a member. I just started to use it everywhere.

Posted at

My username is a nickname that my sister gave me. She told me one day I was walking like a hunchback, so she started calling me hunch. The 'de bunch' part was added later. I think Hunch De Bunch has a nice ring to it lol. I don't mind that people call me that, by the way, even though it might sound like people are being mean to me. But my real name is Lauren.

timlight
timlight
Posted at

The username timlight has been my internet name since 1990s. Tim is my real first name while light is the English translation of my surname. The timlight combination originated from my high school English prof who recognized mixed lineage in our class. To be racially specific, I may possibly be the son of an Austronesian-Spanish father and an Asian-wannabeAmerican mother. But I aspire for a heavenly citizenship. ^^

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

My name isn't actually Walrus. No, I'm not kidding, I'm serious. Just blows your mind doesn't it?

Actually I got this user name due to my obsession with the walrus at the time.

tezzle
tezzle
Posted at

Tezzle is the name of one of the stars of my first webcomic. I made them up when I was like 10, so I don't know exactly where it came from, but I've always liked the name. When I discovered the internet in my youth and found I needed usernames for everywhere I started using it wherever I go on the internet. I always use Tezzle, except on the rare occasion when it's taken. A name I completely made up…taken. That annoys me sometimes. I take pride in my made-up names. I've never tried to hide my real name though. Whenever I'm credited, by myself or otherwise, I usually go by Mike "Tezzle" Mattucci.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Elektro was the name of one of my characters from a comic I made several years ago. I've kind-of, sort-of adopted this name for the internet since. However, I have nothing to hide: my comics are all signed with my real name.

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

My user name started in the ninth grade. I was in Science class where we were learning about the solar system. Specifically the moon. The assignment we were to do was to make a children's book about the origins of the moon.

Of course, my lazy bum didn't even bother to do it until the last minute. I wrote the story in class about a race of aliens (the 'Sneeg' to be precise) that got lost in our solar system and were asking directions from the planets on how to get home. Long story short, the captain's name was 'Freegurt' and I thought that name was so pimp, I started using it for just about everything on the interbutts.

Also, I got extra credit on my story, even if it wasn't printed out and a day late. That's how awesome the name 'Freegurt' really is.

Posted at

People usually call me "Graceface" or "Mulky" so I usually use variations of those as my online names. I do tell people my real name online though (like, it's on my site banner, dude) because I'm not a very safe person.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.