Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Yeah, I knew type two was obesity related, didn't know there was any predisposition in there though. But do you normally have to take injections for type two?

It depends on the severity of the case. Usually they start with diet and monitoring, then move on to oral medications, and then insulin as a last resort. A lot of people never have to do insulin. Pregnant women have to jump straight to diet and insulin though, because insulin is pretty much the only thing that won't cross the placenta.

Posted at

well, i guess im healthier than the average civilian, but i have a motivation problem….. i just dont feel like waking up at 5 so i can run in the desert, ya know?
but when it comes time for an army PT test, i bust my ass, I can do 83 pushups in 2 min, around 65 situps, and run 2 miles in 1530…. but i cant lose this excess weight….. the only way i lose weight is to run around 5 miles a day….. no thanks

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

Yeah, I knew type two was obesity related, didn't know there was any predisposition in there though. But do you normally have to take injections for type two?

It depends on the severity of the case. Usually they start with diet and monitoring, then move on to oral medications, and then insulin as a last resort. A lot of people never have to do insulin. Pregnant women have to jump straight to diet and insulin though, because insulin is pretty much the only thing that won't cross the placenta.

Yeah that's right my grandma has type two, and my mom had it for a little bit when she got pregnant with my little sister but she is ok cuz she watches what she eats and works out. And they both had to take shots. I know im not guaranteed to have it but yeah I have a greater chance if i don't watch myself. Before I wasn't really watching myself and just stuffed myself with cookies, gummy worms, ice cream, and chocolate everyday and i didn't care because I just worked out a lot so none of it showed too much, but after learning more about fitness and health I've learned that you're NOT suppose to eat all that EVERYDAY LOL (DUH!). So I'm trying to ween myself off of the sweets, kinda like a detox. And once i get use to not having them so often I can slowly reintroduce them to my body again in smaller portions.

Phew, yeah a little complicated. But hopefully it works.

zapheron
zapheron
Posted at

I'm qite thing and burns calories to fast and have a soocer wound,
and quite capable of movin in terrain.
a mixture og martial arts and bokken, capoiera and softgun with friends
it certainly help,
Why play a game like cs when you can run around with guns and shot poepole, there's many training disiplins^^

TnTComic
TnTComic
Posted at

I play hockey twice a week, pickup on mondays, and league on fridays. Took the league championship last 3 sessions, so go us.

Used to fence in college, now I only do it when drunk on the porch. Good times.

I golf as often as possible, usually at least once a week.

I shoot hoops in my driveway 2-3 times a week, but its so damn hot now.

I play tennis on thursdays, with my buddy the swede, who woops my ass every time.

When i'm not doing any of that, I hit the weights and the stationary bike.

So yeah, i'm pretty active. Gotta burn off the weekend beers somehow.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.