Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

man, a lot of us DID get knives!
now that means we gotta make a street gang, like the lizzies, but different.
NO! SCREW IT! LET'S BE THE LIZZIES! IF THE LIZZIES GOTTA PROBLEM, THEY CAN TAKE IT UP WITH US!!!….the lizzies.
I got my mum a knife. A little shiny green Swiss ARmy knife. :)

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Knives?? Sorry, ladies, but the pepper spray was bad enough for me.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

man, a lot of us DID get knives!
now that means we gotta make a street gang, like the lizzies, but different.
NO! SCREW IT! LET'S BE THE LIZZIES! IF THE LIZZIES GOTTA PROBLEM, THEY CAN TAKE IT UP WITH US!!!….the lizzies.
I got my mum a knife. A little shiny green Swiss ARmy knife. :)

she's in! she can be…uhhh…..ozone-lizzie omega.

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

Finally got an Intuos3 Wacom A4 tablet.
New shirt.
Art Materials
Lava lamp
Room Lantern (a VERY cool one)
A ball that glows when it hits something. It's black and has a skull crossbone design. The skull glows various colors when it gets hit 8D. The skull is also always facing up. I don't know what they call this ball but it sure is cool and fun to play with when I'm bored.
A teddy Bear (don't laugh)

So far so good. I don't have any tech gadgets aside from the Intuos3 this year but I'm pretty happy with it. I also spent Christmas with my girlfriend. Good times… good times.

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

I got:

A Wacken Ticket for this years festival,

Two Iron Maiden DVDs,

A Watercolour Set,

A Cheap Phone,

£50,

A David Eddings book.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I just got a late present in the mail. The Coen brothers movie collection! It has Fargo, Raising Arizona, Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing, The Big Lebowski…

That's a hell of a lot better than ice breakers.

Wacken

Is dat sum Cannbananimal Cropse?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

heh… my uncle got me an axe. I did want a knife set though. Especially since I cook my own food and I have to keep the current set I have in good condition so I can fillet fish as easily as I did when the set was new… :)

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

RE: Knives as presents.

Anyone ever heard of the superstition that you can't give knives, scissors, sharp things as presents, or you'll "sever" your relationship with the recipient of the gift? I've always abided by the tradition of "paying" the giver; you give them a penny as a symbolic "payment", so the knife isn't actually a gift… Uh, yeah. I'm a weirdo.

lba
lba
Posted at

Anyone ever heard of the superstition that you can't give knives, scissors, sharp things as presents, or you'll "sever" your relationship with the recipient of the gift? I've always abided by the tradition of "paying" the giver; you give them a penny as a symbolic "payment", so the knife isn't actually a gift… Uh, yeah. I'm a weirdo.

Never heard that one, but I have heard the belief that a knife or other blade can embody a past mistake, violent act or other action that you're ashamed or wanting to pay penance for. I have a knife that I keep for that reason myself.

Posted at

Some nice things, but the three I can remember are my 5 disc Okami soundtrack, the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack and a cookery book on Brownie recipes.

Now if only I could cook…

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Never heard that one, but I have heard the belief that a knife or other blade can embody a past mistake, violent act or other action that you're ashamed or wanting to pay penance for. I have a knife that I keep for that reason myself.

i gotta few buddies that're wickens and that's what they do. something like that i think.

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

Painter X and a Pocket Etch A Sketch– both of which I have become irrationally addicted to.

Posted at

I got a bar of deodorant and a box of shellfish crackers… and really it feels like the highlight of my year.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.