Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Quack With The Ducks: The Community Interview Project

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

This thread is up-to-date as of January 31, 2009

Hello, fellow Ducks! skoolmunkee has graciously allowed me to manage the (semi)-new community "interview circle"… in which will become probably the only community interview circle. :) From now on, though, we'll call it "Quack With The Ducks"!

The concept of this project is pretty much the same as last time:

- If you sign up for an interview, you will have to conduct an interview yourself. Up to 10 people per group with at least one alternate, just in case someone can't finish their interview in time. Of course… someone could always conduct a second interview if there's no alternate. :)

- I'll pair you up at random with someone else in the group, but if you absolutely, positively MUST interview a specific someone, be sure to PQ me beforehand. Or, if you're not afraid to *plea* publicly, just post here. :)

- Once you sign up and have made up your questions, send them to me so I can check them. I don't think we'll have a problem with inappropriate questions, but it never hurts to check. ;) Also be sure to make your questions CLEAR and, to the best of your knowledge, accurately spelled. This is ever-so important in a written interview, so we need to make sure those who read it are… well… able to.

EDIT
- I will post the pair-ups the day after the group sign-ups have closed. A PQ will also go out to everyone who signed up, stating your interviewee, your interviewer, and the comics and other links and info that would be necessary to the project.

- You can use whatever medium you want to make your interviews; just type up some Q&A or make a full-blown comic… anything you can think of will be accepted. Just try not to take too long in making it. I wanna keep this rolling in case things get crazy.

And, like before, your interview will be "stickied" in the newly-founded Interview Forum. For how long, I'm not sure. Probably for a week or so, or just before a new batch of interviews comes in.

This project will continue so long as there is interest and participation. Anyone can sign up to conduct and, ultimately, be interviewed. And so, because anyone CAN sign up for this, I gotta… *sigh* lay down some ground rules. -.-

- You must have at least 25 pages in your comic.

- Each interview must have at least 10 and no more than 20 questions. I don't want people to feel cheated if they had a lot less questions to answer than others… and not so long that readers lose interest. :(

- For now, I'll just be taking those with original comics. I personally have nothing against sprite or fan comics, but an original idea is undoubtedly better for an interview. Sorry :\

- Those of you involved in previous groups of QWTD will be allowed to interview as alternates (or as extras for when the group needs it), but I don't know if you can be interviewed yourselves… seeing as you were interviewed rather recently. :S

- If someone assists you with your comic, please specify here or PQ me with your role in the comic. That way our interviewers will know what kind of questions to ask of you. :) Your partner can answer a question or two (if they don't mind), but if they want to be a bigger part of it, they'll have to sign up separately…

- Anyone who was only interviewed but did NOT conduct an interview may sign up again, but only as an extra who can conduct an interview. 'course, if you've done both, you can always sign up as an alternate!

Sign ups hopefully won't take too long. I'll let it sit for a couple of days. Alternates (or myself) can fill in the empty spaces if it takes too long.

After a group of 10 has been established, you'll have seven days to get your questions made up, cleared by me, answered, and sent back to me for posting. I'll post the interviews in the order that I get them; first come, first serve. :) If you need more time, please PQ as soon as possible!

So if you're interested, sign up here! Or if you aren't sure what this is, you can always check out the interviews forum :)

Group Three Participants (Closed)
*When the time comes, you'll be paired up with another randomly.

dragonsong12
harkovast
Farah
exzachly
houseofmuses
BlkKnight
kohdok
Sketch Sanchez
alejkhan
Rori

Farah will interview houseofmuses

dragonsong12 will interview Farah

Sketch Sanchez will interview BlkKnight

BlkKnight will interview alejkhan

alejkhan will interview Exzachly

kohdok will interview dragonsong12

harkovast will interview kohdok

houseofmuses will interview Rori

Exzachly will interview harkovast

Rori will interview Sketch Sanchez

QUESTION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, JANUARY 26.

Group Four Participants (Closed) (skoolmunkee managing)

PIT_FACE
DarkChibiShadow
PieGuy259
Peipei
BffSatan
Mutation
kyupol
korosu
Kali
kaleygeminni

Group Five Participants (Closed) (skoolmunkee managing)

the2ndredbaron
niccea
JillyFoo
Mizukane
SuperSymon (Writer) & MrHades (Artist)
smkinoshita
NickGuy
Ludeshka
Gohlico

Group Six Participants (interview assignments will go out March 2nd - group's full, so anyone wanting to sign up past this point will be in group 7)
json
catya (to be interviewed by pit_face)
Drasnus (not GPW)
Hyena_H
JoeL_CQB
pastel
GiantPinkWalrus (not Drasnus)
Hakoshen
kitty17
threeeyeswurn

Alternates (9)
Bocaj
Crifmer
TheMidge28
JustNoPoint
lba
Steely Gaze
amanda
patrickdevine
lucky7s76
CZweig

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I'll be an alternate (prolly consistantly).

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

Sounds good to me. :)

But if there are others who want to be consistent alternates, you might have to "take turns" in doing so… if necessary.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'd be happy to chip in with interviewing - I just got interviewed via the first community project, so I dunno how fair it would be to get interviewed again (so shortly afterwards, too, hehe).

I'm glad you're expanding on SkoolMunkee's efforts! High five!

Posted at

Well done lucky :) I'll have this up in a newspost on Wednesday

crifmer
crifmer
Posted at

Yeah, awesome initiative. This could really be a great new community thing.

You can put my name down for an alternate interviewer, too. Since I was in the first batch, I don't think getting interviewed again anytime soon makes sense (as you put in your original post), but I'd be happy to supply some questions.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

Well done lucky :) I'll have this up in a newspost on Wednesday

Cool! :)

It's good to see that there's already some interest and support from the community!

Great to have you aboard, guys. :)

Posted at

Hey why not? This sounds like fun. Toss my name into the ring. I think this is a brilliant idea, just like the other interviews which have been a lot of fun to read.

lba
lba
Posted at

Alright. I'll join in. Sign me up and I'll see who else in my readers or where ever I can get word out to join.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

Hey why not? This sounds like fun. Toss my name into the ring. I think this is a brilliant idea, just like the other interviews which have been a lot of fun to read.

Alright. I'll join in. Sign me up and I'll see who else in my readers or where ever I can get word out to join.

OK, I've got you both signed on. I'm surprised it's going this smoothly so far. :)

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I can tell this group is going to be a lot of fun! ;)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Hey, if you want, you are more than welcome to put me down as an alternate as well if help is needed. No one would need to interview me, but I would be more than willing to interview others if someone was unable to and someone needed to fill in.

Posted at

Sounds fun.
I'm in

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

Alright! We now have seven in the group and Midge as another alternate. :)

I also added the date I'll close the sign-ups. I'll be away for the weekend but I'll still have internet access. ;)

Posted at

I'm sorry I did not read this all the way through… so I hope I'm not to late to sign up!!!!

If not, PLEASE…… I want to sign up!!!!

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

You're not too late at all! :)

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Now I'm too busy!
I'll tell you when I'm available enough to get back in the game.

Posted at

Will we know who we are interviewing? I would like to personalize the interview, and do some reading of their comics, so I can give a proper interview…

- I'll pair you up at random with someone else in the group, but if you absolutely, positively MUST interview a specific someone, be sure to PQ be beforehand. Or, if you're not afraid to *plea* publicly, just post here. :)

- Once you sign up and have made up your questions, send them to me so I can check them. I don't think we'll have a problem with inappropriate questions, but it never hurts to check. ;) Also be sure to make your questions CLEAR and, to the best of your knowledge, accurately spelled. This is ever-so important in a written interview, so we need to make sure those who read it are… well… able to.

It is not to clear here…..

(?_?)

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

Will we know who we are interviewing? I would like to personalize the interview, and do some reading of their comics, so I can give a proper interview…

It is not to clear here…..

(?_?)

Yep, I'll post the pair-ups here in the forum and I'll send out a PQ with a link to the person you'll be interviewing. :) I'll allow a couple of days for you to read however much of their comic you need beforehand.

I'm just about to start pairing people up - I have a few things to do first, though…

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

I know that the first group is filled. But I'd love to be a part of group two or an alternate. I know that I was interviewed in the first circle. But my interview never happened because the one I sent questions to had computer problems and couldn't do it. I'd really like to try this again.

Posted at

I want to be in the next available group please!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.