Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Titch
Titch
Posted at

I'm intrested, naturaly. However I've seen some clear confusion on DD before about what consitutes a sprite (or Pixel Art, if I'm feeling REALLY presumptious). Like, for example that just having drawn it in MS paint makes it a sprite.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I'm glad to see you back here, Titch. You're a credit to the Pixel-Art webcomic genre.

Titch
Titch
Posted at

With the death of SI, I couldn't leave you guys without ANY decent sprite comics, now could I?

Unless Mr.Chibi is back…

Titch
Titch
Posted at

T-Bone! What happened to you? You were gone for, like, an infinity.

~IJ

Yeah, Infinity was pretty rad; all that ominous blackness spaning off into the distance in every direction. Then I realised I had forgotten the chocolate chips, so I came back here. Now I've forgotten how I got there in the first place…

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

T-Bone! What happened to you? You were gone for, like, an infinity.

~IJ

Yeah, Infinity was pretty rad; all that ominous blackness spaning off into the distance in every direction. Then I realised I had forgotten the chocolate chips, so I came back here. Now I've forgotten how I got there in the first place…

*points at the cake*

The Infinity Funfetti! Plague of worlds!

~IJ

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I'm in. I'll do a story arc in my Golden Gamers comic.

coinilius
coinilius
Posted at

I used to have a sprite comic that had nothing to do with video games or 7EET stuff - it did have some pretty bad 'sprite comic' jokes, but the idea behind it was nothing to do with video games.

Using Iceman sprites from Megaman I created a comic called Jet and Joe which told the story of two eskimo brothers and there various trials against aliens, eggplants and Santa Claus :P

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Well I've had inspiration. So I'm in.

Doubt I'm gonna win with competition like Jester and Lyon though; that is some really sexy colouring for a pixel comic.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Jester/Zwuh hasn't said he's competing, Titch. He just remarked that he'd already done what this contest is about.

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Jester/Zwuh hasn't said he's competing, Titch. He just remarked that he'd already done what this contest is about.

There you have to go, smashing my dream of seeing some kind of short extention to Screwball Island…

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

There you have to go, smashing my dream of seeing some kind of short extention to Screwball Island…

Bwahahaha. I live for causing this sort of turmoil.

Now to return to my underground smelting facility! AWAY!

Enef
Enef
Posted at

i have started mine, first page only so far though.

It will get to 10 soon.

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Also, Lyon, stop stalking me, danmit!

Your not supposed to see my comic when it isn't finished :p

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Accident, huh? Well I'm watching you :P

Titch
Titch
Posted at

I'm not stalking you, I have better things to do with my time. Like…play with this rubiks cube.

Comicness:-
www.drunkduck.com/Edge

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Contestants need to provide links to their submission here in the forum thread. But if you want to keep track of all the submissions, I've made a "participants" section in the very first post in this thread at the bottom of the post. As People add links to thier entries, all you'll have to do is click on their name in that section… as long as they've provided a link.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I wasn't going to do this challenge, but then I realized I was signed up for it. Rather than just not do it, I noticed that I had been making sprites for a little person project game. I thought, "why not use those sprites?" So I think maybe I will do it. Sample:

Randal
Randal
Posted at

oops, my mistake, Hawk.

But thanks for being a good sport about it and actually entering :D

CORY
CORY
Posted at

Really… I know what a sprite is, by literal definition, but some people here…

...just don't get it.

Because I could draw all of my comics in MS Paint… and that wouldn't make them sprites. Even if I drew them pixel-by-pixel.

So…post some requirements or something. A character sheet minimum or at least a character sheet (one of the main reasons sprites are sprites is because of their limitablity provided by these sheets).

I'm not joining though… just suggesting.

Rianeva
Rianeva
Posted at

This sounds really, really interesting. I might join… it depends on if I could come up with a good idea. =p

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Joooin Rianeva.

Your one of the good guys (well ok, your not a guy as such, I was being metaphorical, danmit!) of sprite comics, be loud and proud :-D

And Hawk…thats freaking awesome, although the knot at the back of the bandana looks weirdly…static [/uber critic]

Really… I know what a sprite is, by literal definition, but some people here…

By literal defenition, for the purpose of webcomics, a sprite is an image drawn pixel by pixel that is aliased manualy. Wikipedia does a better job of explaining it than me,

CORY
CORY
Posted at

I find pixel art and sprite comics to be different.

Pixel art is fine on some levels… it just makes everything look pixellated. However… dictionary.com describes a sprite as:

"sprite

A small bitmap image, often used in
animated games but also sometimes used as a synonym for
icon."

Don't you guys notice a difference? I feel like I might be going clinically insaine.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

yeah, sorry Teek, but you're going to have to come up with sprite sheets to work off of. If you want some guidance, there are plenty of people here willing to lend a hand.

Titch
Titch
Posted at

I actually offered to help T_K with his sprites, and came up with something that looked moderately like sprites. The problem is that T_K isnt using a sheet, but predrawn stuff.

I got this with about 1 second of work in photoshop. Its as ugly as the worst sin, but they at least LOOK like sprites.

Anyways, on a completely somewhat related unrelated note, I lost almost all of my work, and am now working at rebuilding everything, hooray.

They use automatic anti aliasing, and thus aren't sprites. To me they just look like stuff thats been resized in photoshop. I'm sure that makes me some kind of pixel art critic.

I find pixel art and sprite comics to be different.

Pixel art is fine on some levels… it just makes everything look pixellated. However… dictionary.com describes a sprite as:

"sprite

A small bitmap image, often used in
animated games but also sometimes used as a synonym for
icon."

Don't you guys notice a difference? I feel like I might be going clinically insaine.

For the purposes of this competition, a sprite is something that has been created using a pixel art meathod. Thats what creates the blocky look synoumous with sprite comics.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.