Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Signup up for Drunk Duck Mafia XI. Introducing: Monster Mash.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Sign me up, Dan!

Posted at

We should all decide on the same defense, that way, at least one "godfather" will never get any ppl! I vote that we all use flashlights, zombies just arnt my style.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

My concern is that if the mayor dies the townies become useless.

Oh yeah and I sign up.
POW!
Feel the magic!

waff
waff
Posted at

We should all decide on the same defense, that way, at least one "godfather" will never get any ppl! I vote that we all use flashlights, zombies just arnt my style.
don't you mean torches (as in the flaming kind that go with pitchforks)?

Posted at

I recommend for players to not publicly discuss what defenses they're planing to use. If you end up taking that defense the players with monster abilities might suspect which one you have and attack accordingly.

I understand your concern harkovast but by the time the Mayor dies, I will be expecting such a high casualty rate that it wouldn't really matter. The town would essentially belong to the monsters who now only have to assure dominance for their side. The game essentially stops revolving around the townies trying to save the town and starts focusing on the monsters fighting amongst themselves. In fact if both the Mayor and Van Helsing dies, there will be no one left with day actions and I can essentially start skipping the days.

And Waff is correct. It's not a flashlight but a torch with a built in "insta-light" feature.

Some fun news. I was talking to Rokliliy (who's artwork I really admire) and she agreed to make a poster picture for my game. :) She's shown me her sketch work that's she's already finished with and it looks pretty good. I'll post it as soon as she's finished with it.

The sign up is moving so fast now that I'm half tempted to up the minimum up to 30. I won't though but I hope to reach that number. Should make the game more fun.

waff
waff
Posted at

And Waff is correct. It's not a flashlight but a torch with a built in "insta-light" feature.

Some fun news. I was talking to Rokliliy (who's artwork I really admire) and she agreed to make a poster picture for my game. :) She's shown me her sketch work that's she's already finished with and it looks pretty good. I'll post it as soon as she's finished with it.
'course there are more comedic ways to keep zombies away…*cough*
-edit-
3 cheers for rokulily!

Posted at

Torch means flashlight in england! 0.0 I just simply forgot what the defense was, so I just said flashlight 8D

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'm in Game number three, I might be on the winning side now!!!
Been a member for a year now!!! WOOT

Posted at

Been a member for a year now!!! WOOT

I wish your avatar a happy birthday.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Wait, so these are firy torches or battery powered torches?
Because I think using a battery powered torch to kill the undead is awesome!

Posted at

Fine. They're battery powered but function like fiery torches.

Why?

I don't know.

There. I think this diagram thoroughly explains everything.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

Ah, I see you went with the eTorch 2600. Truly the torch of choice for the modern, discerning lyncher.

Posted at

I suppose I understand these rules well enough to sign up. It sounds interesting! I hope I don't get an interesting role at first, though, summer courses are so stressful ^^;

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Ah, I see you went with the eTorch 2600. Truly the torch of choice for the modern, discerning lyncher.
Meh, I've always preferred more Dakka. *returns to polishing his 40mm vulcan* What?!?

humorman
humorman
Posted at

I'll play.

Posted at

Salsa I wasn't on the winning side until my 5th game I believe. Also happy account bday XD.

KillerBob
KillerBob
Posted at

Love the idea monkey. Glad PP ran with it. PP please sign me up ;D

Posted at

Hey, I'll sign up!

Posted at

Tada. The the title page for the game is ready.

Thanks Rokulily.

Posted at

Some more announcements. I'm noticing some new players are joining us. If anyone here is under 13, I will need you to inform me of that. Minors can't receive PQ's (it's a child protection thing) and so I will have to make special arrangements for them. Please let me know if you're 13 or under. Otherwise you'll miss out on important information like your role and when the game starts.

Also, we passed the 20 player quota, so we're ready to start. I'm gonna start at midnight GMT (please refer to the time table to see what your local time will be) and I will keep sign ups open until then.

Everyone who hasn't signed up, do so now or you'll be missing out on some great fun.

Posted at

Oh, boy. I just fine tuned a problem with the defenses. Mainly what would happen to your defenses once the players turn into monsters. The question I had was once a player would turn into a monster, should he get to keep his defense so that he could have an advantage against rival monsters of that type or should he discard them.

After discussing that problem in the Mafia discussion forum, I have come up with this system. Defensive items are turned into offensive weapons and are required to kill monsters. Here's how the combat system will work.

Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = both die.

Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = Wolf survives, Vampire dies.

Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs Wolf (with Zombie defense) = both survive.

1 Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs 2 Wolfs (both with Zombie defense) = 1 Wolf dies, 1 Wolf + Vampire survives

1 Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs 2 Wolfs (1 with Zombie defense and 1 with Vampire defense (or both with Vampire defense)) = 1 Wolf survives, 1 Wolf + Vampire dies

1 Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs 2 Wolfs (1 with Zombie defense and 1 with Vampire defense (or both with Vampire defense)) = Vampire dies, both Wolfs survive)

1 Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs 2 Wolfs (both with Zombie defense) = All survive

Monster Leaders can't be killed using this tactic. They also don't require these items to kill other monster minions. Only opposing Monster Leaders, Van Helsing or lynches can kill Monster Leaders.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Sign me up.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.