Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

PS is reluctant to make themselves too visible here because they worry that it would affect the character of the site. When they bought the place they told us that they would leave everything to us to run it as we like- which is fine, because we were running it already, and it would have meant extraneous work on their part and could possibly have generated hostility or whatever.

Some people might appreciate more newsposts from platinum people, but others might see it as on-high announcements from people they don't trust… the other thing that tends to happen is that when a Platinum person shows up, people start asking questions they can't answer and they start to feel like a bit of a scapegoat. They've put themselves square in the middle of a website they don't know and that can be pretty uncomfortable.

So I don't really blame them for not making direct announcements etc (how often would they need to do that anyway)? But I wish they'd communicate better with the admins. Since Volte left they've had a couple guys talking to us, they're nice guys and mean well, but often they can't tell us anything more than what they themselves know. It isn't that they're unwilling to communicate, it's just that we don't always find out what we need, or they don't warn us beforehand that the site is going to move or something (which our platinum guy may not have known, himself).

BlkKnight
BlkKnight
Posted at

In hindsight, however, Platinum did just what they wanted to avoid. Yes, we the users were able to participate on the site however we wanted, but Volte was practically prevented from touching the site and was the only one who could maintain it. Furthermore, judging by this thread and the typical reactions to major problems on the site I think Platinum has been the scapegoat for quite some time now. So as much as they don't want to get involved, they need to have Volte's replacement in here and more active. Otherwise, the general view of Platinum will continue to degrade and the next major problem has a higher chance of driving people away.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I've seen popular sites built by college boys die, and so I know that the only thing important that we need from PC is the funds to keep the servers running. Ok there's some bugs… guess what, the site is free and still alive!

Depends on how big the bugs get, though. Atm I can still create/upload/edit comics pages, comment, see my thumbs/banners… so it's all good enough.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Dear Platinum Studios
You are the worst thing to ever happen to Drunk Duck.
P.S. I hate you.

How can he say that! Platinum Studios is going to like destroy Drunkduck forever! Aaaaaagh! Is this a joke?

I am too lazy and dont care enough to find a source for that, but I feel the need to add that I laughed until I peed and you owe me a new pair of pants you ass D:<

EDIT: It's pretty much true though anyway, so fart

EDIT EDIT: Actually that's no fair, the worst thing DD has ever done was banning Tater Salad and that had nothing to do with Platinum.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

the worst thing DD has ever done was banning Tater Salad and that had nothing to do with Platinum.
Who? Ron White?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

the worst thing DD has ever done was banning Tater Salad and that had nothing to do with Platinum.
Who? Ron White?

Seriously though I left for maybe a month (not sure) and what the hell is all this shit about Ronson leaving and more bugs? Can someone like PQ me and fill the gap between events because it seems things are getting worse (but I dont know)

thanks in advance if anyone bothers

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

short version:
Tater salad was causing cancer, so it it was banned by the FDA.[10,000 BC]

There was a planned server move.[1000 years ago]

Hurricane hit the location of new server around the time of said move.[Friday after next]

1+2 caused errors and stuff.[December 31 2011]

Ronson wants to spend more time with personal things, so he quit adminship.[1984]

Skool is really sad.[Caturday]

Etc.

Posted at

You forgot one

Platinum fixes bugs caused by server move. Haha

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Come on people, be REALISTIC for **ck's sake!
We ALL know what the real cause was. Connect the bloody dots!

The 19th… It was PIRATE DAY! 0_o

Posted at

Jews did it.

Shoutout to my Hebrew homies, Bocaj and Avalon. Happy Rosh Hashanah! (:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Give yourself to them with honey and you will be forgiven.

It was the pirates though… I wonder, if we had a ninja day, would all be fixed again?

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I wouldn't be so pissed if at least Platinum knowledge the problem.

…but they're too busy wasting money away on shit that won't making money.

DOHOHOHOH.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I wouldn't be so pissed if at least Platinum knowledge the problem.

…but they're too busy wasting money away on shit that won't making money.

DOHOHOHOH.

No you were supposed to say the first part and then I say the second and then we both go "DOHOHOHO"

ya blew it!

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Can people still update their comics? If so, good. That's what this site was mainly here for in the first place.

Back when Volte was running things by himself the site went down for whole summers. Platinum might publish bad comics and generally be a dick to creators but from a DD angle I don't really have a problem with them.

Posted at

I like Platinum the site has never run better and I have been here for a bit. I also think its a Hella cool move to allow long time drunk duckers to run the place. Also as far as them over reaching they are just trying hard to make money in a volatile business you should be thankful they are trying to expand someday they may have the money and resources to turn this place around right and proper. Even though I started a new website I will still keep a mirror site here out of loyalty and I will always launch new projects here. Plus what makes this place cool is the community it will survive whether Platinum or skoolmunkee stays or goes.

Posted at

Thanks for your support, although this thread was 7 months old and probably didn't need to be dug up so I'm locking it :]

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Turns out I was wrong about the pirates.
It was the ninjas all along! o_O

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.