Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

So how do you deal with real life interfering with your comics?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I will be the first to admit that my real life has started to interfere with my comics and how they update…Partly due to the fact that i'm starting to get out more, hang out with friends, I have a job now, am in a new relationship and i'm basically trying to enjoy my life. I feel kind of guilty for not keeping up with my comics religiously like before, but now that I finally have my health back (and hopefully for good this time!) this girl is ready to live it up! xD
And you should!! ^_^ (And not just because as far as I can tell, you've done an insane amount of comic pages over the past few years.)
Basically, most of my comics are meant to compensate for the life I don't have :p
Oh, and since we've had some "my life inspires my comics" comments: My life inspires my comics too, but that doesn't mean it doesn't interfere with them too. Also, comics are a part of my life, so it's a (vicious?) circle anyway :p

DrLuck
DrLuck
Posted at

I cheat and make my webcomic my homework. The current chapter of A Loonatic's Tale is now my senior project at art school (graduating this semester).

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I cheat and make my webcomic my homework. The current chapter of A Loonatic's Tale is now my senior project at art school (graduating this semester).

That explains why there are so many different art styles in one comic there.

——

Cubicle aside (since I'm not the artist on that one), I usually plan out a comic (from script, to sketch, to final) far in advance so that I'm freed up to do other things, namely job hunting, art shows, trips to visit friends, etc. Then again, when I make an arc for Negligence, I push through it from beginning to end, not stopping until I'm finished, even if I can only work on one or two comics a day (for a twenty-comic arc). I treat making the comic like a real job, then I take a bit of vacation time like a job as well.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I take the time I would have spent playing a game or progamming

Wait, did you mean to say that you are a "pro" at gaming. If so, which game?!

Sorry, mispelled programming. :P Though I did competitively play Super Smash Bros Brawl and Pokemon.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I couldn't so I didn't with my last comic so this time around I had everything done before I posted anything.
Since this is a hobby and I know I can structure my time to fit in what has to be done I squirrel away time for this. It also helps that as a security guard I have lots of down time to play on my laptop.

When doing the pictures I schedule everything like a movie shooting schedule with a check list and all.

A Reaver
A Reaver
Posted at

I usually have a couple of hours free everyday so its just really when I stop being lazy. I just updated. Im attempting to get caught up on my art for college so I don't fall behind but its pretty much just whenever I have some spare time and no work. Then again my comics only take about 10 minutes to do. Apart from the hour or 2 I spend staring at a blank flash document trying to think of what to do.

itsjustaar
itsjustaar
Posted at

Jobs, family, money… life.

It always seems out to get me. :/ I can often even be halted if I did had an epic derpy moment that I shouldn't dwell on (but get kinda worried about nonetheless), can kinda mess up my mood during the comics.

But when it comes to the up top, yeah… I dunno. It gets rough for me, I'll either have it, or I won't. xD When I'm out of the zone, I need to be brought back immediately.

Posted at

I don't. I draw all my comics at work. My comics are liked by most of my fellow employees, but they have gotten me into some trouble with my superiors. LOL!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.