Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

uhhhh…er… I should just keep quiet here. Glad to see people getting motivated by all this though!

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I don't see the problem with Plat ignoring DD. I remember when it was first bought out everyone was afraid of too much Corporate control.

Besides remember some years ago DD would die every year for a couple of months? That doesn't happen anymore.

Posted at

HPKomic: Would my space not be considered space and funding? I really don't use it for anything important aside for a redirect to here and for a few friends.

And if it started doing really well to need more space, I could swing some more cash into it and we could place some ads to generate some revenue back.

Organizing would be the toughest part at 1st. Probably would need to create a message board either there or meet somewhere else like at HPKomic's site or Lefarce's forum.

Anyway, all I have to do is create a sub domain and hand out the username/password and those involved could get working. I wouldn't consider myself a good programmer though. I know enough to get by. I could aid in feedback, giving databases, etc.

EDIT: And using your own server would be tough unless you have insanely fast connection speeds for multiple people to connect through it.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

JustNoPoint. I can easily set it up on my server too, the only problem is finding a coder and generating an entire site as a proof on concept, then shop around for funding to expand it.

As I lack any real coding knowledge (I make up for this in ideas and design-sense), I'll pretty much throw my hat in with whoever can showcase the desire and effort to but this sort of thing together, from there, my ideas are totally going to be pitched.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

JustNoPoint. I can easily set it up on my server too, the only problem is finding a coder and generating an entire site as a proof on concept, then shop around for funding to expand it.

As I lack any real coding knowledge (I make up for this in ideas and design-sense),
What about Enkida? SJ's coder?
When i talked to her she seemed pretty damn nice, maybe she'll give us a discount of some sort for this type of project. on top of that she's got pretty much all the knowledge needed for this type of project.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I'm not very keen on SJ's coding or designs. Just never was my cup of tea.

I've spoken to Sam over at Comic Dish a few times. He's definitely a good coder, his interfaces just lack a friendly feel to them.

If you're not using Comic Dish, you really should, it's am amazingly useful comic mirror, and you can update your DD/SJ accounts from it using it's mirror tool.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Gotta say this whole thing sounds pretty cool.
I would love to help out in some ways, although I'm not sure how…
As far as coding knows all I know is a decent amount of HTML, which I used to make my brother's site from scratch. (Here is what it looks like: http://www.alacrityproductions.com)
I don't think my HTML skills would be all that much use here, though (as they are so basic).

I could help as like a beta tester, or sumtin, I dunno, but this seems really cool.

gigatwo
gigatwo
Posted at

I can do busywork if you want. I know a healthy portion of php/mysql, but I wouldn't be able to lead any sort of coding thing.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Well, I'm talking with Sam over at Comic Dish right now. I think I'm gonna roll with him, as he has the background, and I have the promotion and design aspects down.

I always saw Comic Dish as a viable DD-competitor, since the guy is interested, I'm gonna help out with that.

Posted at

Is anyone else here able to see images on DD?

Or are we too late and it already went boom? =p

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I'm having trouble seeing most images on the site right now.

Aside from the ads.

Those damn ads.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Is anyone else here able to see images on DD?

Or are we too late and it already went boom? =p

A few select avatars and tables are missing for me, while I can see everything else just fine. My avatar is just plain gone now. Hope this means they're fixing it and that it didn't just kinda'… y'know, blow up.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I can see your avatar but it's probly just my chache, Yeah i was just about to ask about the images.

So whose forum are we gonna use to discuss the rest of this/meet?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I can see your avatar but it's probly just my chache, Yeah i was just about to ask about the images.

So whose forum are we gonna use to discuss the rest of this/meet?

Currently setting up a board on LFN to talk about it. I see no reason to make a whole new forum when I have one up already. Just register, and if you guys aren't too keen on LFN, you can cancle your accounts or just stop showing up when we're done or when we decide if it's even going to happen. Sound good?

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Sounds good, LFN is pretty.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Currently setting up a board on LFN to talk about it. I see no reason to make a whole new forum when I have one up already. Just register, and if you guys aren't too keen on LFN, you can cancle your accounts or just stop showing up when we're done or when we decide if it's even going to happen. Sound good?

What ever happened to the Forumopolis man? :(

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

What ever happened to the Forumopolis man? :(

I need users too. :(

Posted at

Linkage? I don't see it in your sig or profile.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Linkage? I don't see it in your sig or profile.

my bad, http://www.lefarce.co.nr/forums
I went to the forums, but I couldn't find anything about THIS project (and I want to help), specific linkage??

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.