Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

you must go to a good school. I used to play puzzle fighter in AP Calculus until our teacher gave us board games to play.

I wish that was my math class. Math is a subject I wish would dissapear off the face of the earth. Or at least, I wish that it was more interesting. Like, maybe if the numbers fought each other.

…but think of all the human capital you're building!

Posted at

I brew wine and cider in my spare time.

Skulldog
Skulldog
Posted at

I collect dead things. Srsly. When I take hikes I pick up bones, and dead birds to dry the wings. I'm always trading art for other people's dead things too. It's a fun hobby, even if my boyfriend is a little squicked by it.

anystar
anystar
Posted at

I've been sewing a metroid alien plushie :D I take weird plushie commissions as a hobby. XD as well as cosplay.

you sewing freak!
make me one pweeese

lollers XD I dunno, I charge a lot of money for this. My friend Matt already pledged his soul for a metroid skullcap (sits on top of your head like the brain eating alien it is :D). I might make some less expensive miniature ones, though. Cause the one I'm making right now is gunna be a little more than a foot tall – the size of a real life baby metroid..if metroids were real XD

You know your boyfriend loves you when he commissions a gigantic brain eating alien for you to huggle :3 (dude commissioned the metroid for his girlfriend as a xmas present)

Posted at

Not sure if this is a hobby but in my spare time, I like to read fairy tales and dig up different versions of it. I particularly like Little Red Riding Hood. :D

Find me the version of The Snow Queen where the queen wasn't all evil-ish and she didn't mean to hurt the boy, she was just lonely. I know I've read a version like that but the Andersen (or whoever) version just isn't it.

anystar
anystar
Posted at

Not sure if this is a hobby but in my spare time, I like to read fairy tales and dig up different versions of it. I particularly like Little Red Riding Hood. :D

Find me the version of The Snow Queen where the queen wasn't all evil-ish and she didn't mean to hurt the boy, she was just lonely. I know I've read a version like that but the Andersen (or whoever) version just isn't it.

Well, is The Snow Queen not one of HCAndersen's original stories? I know that some of the stories he recorded were just that - recordings of long known danish folklore, but some of the stories were his own original creations (like The Ugly Duckling, or the Nightingale). People probably wrote other versions anyways XD just wondering. I've never heard of a 'good snow queen' story, but I'd be very interested to read it.

Posted at

Collecting fairy-tale versions is a very neat hobby :D Used to be a fairy tale-fan, it became part of my life and I was living in one, was pretty scary.

One of my hobbies now is to record the audio of a whole full-lenght movie and than listen to it on my room. Not having a TV in my room but having enough imagination it's always very cool to do that, but you just have to pick the right movie to listen to. Batman Forever has kick-ass audio, than you discover what a voice-genius that Jim Carrey is :)

Posted at

dood, i used to do that when i was a kid with my "home alone" tape recorder. I remember I would listen to the ninja turtles movie while we went on road trips. I would run the movie through my head as I listen to the sound. hahaha

okay..I guess that was a strange hobby of mine

Posted at

It probably isnt too weird… maybe some would actualy say fun, but i run around the woods behind my apartment and look for hiding spots so when i play Airsoft (yes the little plastics BB guns…. i shoot people with them) with everyone else i can hide and play Gurilla (dont know how to spell it in this context) warfare.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

I daydream a lot… to an extend of being addicted to daydreaming. I developed that bad habit since I was 13 after waking up from a very interesting dream and I decided to continue the story in my head by daydreaming. Everytime I daydream, I create stories in my mind. Stories based on my comics, or other stories that are bizarre yet highly epic. I'm a daydreamer freak but it's not really that bad since few of the stories that I daydreamt were actually transformed into my comics. So, I hardly run out of ideas and what's amusing is that I received quite a number of people responded that they actually liked my comic stories. ^^

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

I daydream, too, often to get to sleep at night. It's the only way to stop obsessing about the day's events.

An I'm a compulsive knitter. Seriously. I've gotten to the point where I can't watch Tv or movies without a piece of knitting in my hands. Right now I'm making mittens. And a lacy scarf. And a hat with little pastel skulls on it.

It's like a war in my brain between draing something, and knitting something, at any given moment. I wish I was a trust fund baby, so I didn't have to work to supposr tmy knitting habit.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.