Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

As I am on the No White Foods Diet I have to avoid sugar, and also salt to an extent…but if I come across a can of lightly salted cashews, buddy, I'm there.

I'm pretty sure a few teaspoons of salt in water is supposed to cure something, coughs maybe?
Swishing around warm salt water in my mouth helps me out tremendously when I have mouth ulsers.

Posted at

Well, salt and sugar are very different, but I like them both the same.

Salt is good when I can sprinkle it on food without enough taste. I can also gurgle it when I have a sore throat.

I actually don't eat much sugar. (Well, I technically do, but I don't manually put it on foods.) Sometimes, I like to eat it with strawberries. I also put sugar in smoothies and lemonade in the summer.

Pulse
Pulse
Posted at

SUGAR!!!!!

:):):)

salt is good for meat and stuff I wouldn't add sugar to meat though :( SO both of them are completely different subjects.

Posted at

Salt. I've never been a fan of sweet stuff (exceptions: chocolate and bubble gum)…

Posted at

Salt.

And here's why: Salt reacts with the water and other components of foods as a flavor enhancer. So rather than make foods taste like salt, salt makes foods taste more like they naturally do. You can put a little salt on just about anything and it will improve it's favor. Vanilla icecream, beer, apples, ANYTHING. Salt makes some foods sweeter, some more bitter, some more tart. From a cooking prespective salt is the freaking magic powder of spices. MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is also a type of salt and a type of flavor enhancer, but has alot of the same negative side effects as salt only like times 10. But if you don't eat it alot it should be fine.

Sugar can only make things sweeter. And sweeter doesn't always mean better. Sugar on a steak? No thanks. It also just adds unnessecary calories for your fat ass, and covers the natural taste of some foods. For example, anyone who drinks their coffee unsweetened knows, you can DEFINATELY tell the difference between good coffee and bad coffee. Add sugar and you can't so much anymore. Sometimes I still put some sweetener in my coffee, if I try it and determine it's awful.

Ground black pepper is cool because it covers AND enhances flavors, and it's one of the few spices that does it equally well with all non-dessert foods. Back in olden times people would use it to cover the taste of spoilt meat, because realy, you put enough pepper in anything and really you can barely taste it anymore, you can just taste it enough. I love the fruit of peppers in cooking though, soooo many uses. Depending on how mild they are you can use a kind of pepper in cooking a dish from just about anyplace in the world. Pepper is my second most useful cooking fruit. Tomato is the first.

Lokidoll
Lokidoll
Posted at

I like both,but more often then not I have a craving for Salt over Sugar. So I guess I'll go with Salt. ^^

UltimaXG2
UltimaXG2
Posted at

Would I have anything to drink, while choosing between a heaping bowl of either? If I had something to drink, I'd take the heaping bowl of salt. If not, the sugar. In general, I get more salt cravings than sugar cravings.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.