Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Suppose a huge flying battleship was coming to destroy your city...

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Let's say there's an alien invasion going on. You learn that within an hour a huge flying battleship (maybe like THIS ONE) is on its way to your city armed with a cannon that will turn the place into a crater in just one shot. What do you think you'd do? Run away? Find a way to fight back? Cower in the dark corners of your house and hope the thing decides to change its mind?

Personally, I'd attempt to find some way to fight back. Too bad I'm not gifted in the ways of "The Force"…

and I need to stop drinking coffee before heading off to work…

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Graze its bullets, use my spell cards and never ever use my bombs even though I have like seven that I've saved up from the previous five stages whilst shouting 'SO MANY BULLETS I CAN SEE INTO FOREVER'.

This is my jam.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Considering I live in a city that is of no tactical, political, or economic importance, I expect the aliens would just save the ammunition/energy and just keep going and blow up Pittsburgh instead. I'd place enough trust in this to do nothing.

Seriously, who'd want to blow up a city that does nothing?

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Seriously, who'd want to blow up a city that does nothing?

Good Point

I'd infect the mothership with a virus, using a laptop and a stolen alien space craft with Will Smith as my co-pilot

Posted at

I would gather a team consisting of myself, a generic love interest, a streetwise child, a wisecracking black man and dog named Chips, then we'd arrive and defeat the aliens in just the nick of time. Afterwards I'd sell the rights to the movie.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i'd throw Seventy2 infront of me as a human shield.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i'd throw Seventy2 infront of me as a human shield.

there's no need for you to do that. work would call me, and i'd end up doing what i had to do.

Posted at

I'd be like "HEY DUDES I GOT SOME RED VINES DOWN HERE, LIKE A FUCK LOAD! COME ON MAN HAVE SOME!"

Who can resist the call of red vines?
unless these Aliens like Twizzlers then they can go screw themselves.

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

Simple. Get an aeroplane, fly into the mother ship, upload a virus and fly back out, shoot the other ships down, then sit back and watch the credits roll…

Or crap myself in fear, one of the two!

Posted at

In this hypothetical do I get an awesome fighter plane or anything? If I do get one, do I know how to fly it? If I don't I don't see how I could reasonably fight it so I'd make a run for it.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

Well unless they can get me into a fighter plane, and considering I don't just crash said fighter plane, all within one hour….then I'd say there wasn't much I could do about it. XP Running would be pointless if it was a world invasion.

If anything I'd try to make them abduct me so maybe I could give them hell IN the ship! XD Maybe even try to take it over and go after other ships with it! Mwahahaha!!

……
……

Nah, once again I'd probably just crash it into the ground accidently. Oh well, one less ship to deal with it. >_>

mr_thin
mr_thin
Posted at

It really depends if the battleship is coming for my city ONLY. If that were the case, I'd just move. Preferably someplace warmer.

If the battleships are everywhere and not just my city specifically, I would gather together as many people and robot-bears as I could and would lead a rag-tag expedition to the far reaches of the universe.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

what battleship are we talking about ??

Check my first post. There's a video link in there. And I'm talking about the really large ship in the video, or something like it. Y'know… the one that's so big it won't fit on one screen. :)

Posted at

what battleship are we talking about ??

Any and all!!!

Posted at

Check my first post. There's a video link in there. And I'm talking about the really large ship in the video, or something like it. Y'know… the one that's so big it won't fit on one screen. :)

ohh, sorry i totally missed that, what would i do ??, hmmm; i think i'd hide in a fridge, after all, indiana survived a nuclear explosion that way :D

Posted at

ohh, sorry i totally missed that, what would i do ??, hmmm; i think i'd hide in a fridge, after all, indiana survived a nuclear explosion that way :D

We do not speak of the fridge and the nuking there of. :nervous:

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Realistically, I'd just leave and make for the woods. Whopping relevant target those maple trees are.

Posted at

No matter the situwation I would propably just go into the mountains. I mean I don't have a way to fight back nor do I know why they are here. I'd bring a radio to make sure I know whats going on.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

No matter the situwation I would propably just go into the mountains. I mean I don't have a way to fight back nor do I know why they are here. I'd bring a radio to make sure I know whats going on.

To the mountains!

Posted at

To the mountains!
Glad to see I'll have company.

Posted at

I seriously doubt that any alien (or any other force for that matter) would consider my lil flyspeck town a decent target, but if it came to it, I think I'd grab the nailbat of doom, try and find a way onto the mothership, and see how many of 'em I can take with me. Not sayin' I'm some kinda warrior, but a good ol' fashioned country beatdown might catch 'em by suprise…maybe enough of a suprise that I could get the drop on a few of 'em at least.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Careful which mountain you hide out in. It might be hiding a flying battleship buster cannon or something like that… :)

Or worse… the alien base that's launching those flying battleships!

Posted at

Careful which mountain you hide out in. It might be hiding a flying battleship buster cannon or something like that… :)

Or worse… the alien base that's launching those flying battleships!
That would give me the option at trying to kill the aliens then. Still the battleship and crash it into the base sacraficing myself for the good of Japan!…and the other nations I guess.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.