Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Suppose a huge flying battleship was coming to destroy your city...

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Wait….europe conquered the world by sending flying battleships at their cities?
I bet ET was invovled somehow!

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Wait….europe conquered the world by sending flying battleships at their cities?
I bet ET was invovled somehow!
ET is involved with most alien invasions - he was a scout

picachu365
picachu365
Posted at

either I'd steal the death egg and use it's weapons or, break in with Uzi's shotgun and a bazuka firing at everything that moves

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

either I'd steal the death egg and use it's weapons or, break in with Uzi's shotgun and a bazuka firing at everything that moves
1. what's a death egg?
2. You'd be out of range. Not that those weapons would do any damage anyway…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Conquering these places took a long time…
Well… the two maps that I provided, did span a century in between. I wasn't saying that it was an overnight thing. Naturally, the local population wasn't gonna just hand over control to some foreign invaders. The fact remains that superior technology helped these invaders achieve their goals.

I was also aware that Cortes faced many difficulties during his conquest but the fact was that he was against overwhelmingly large forces with a much, much smaller army. He still pulled it off though, difficult as it may have been.

The myth that he did it with a much smaller army is false. He had all the subjected peoples of the Aztecs on his side due to a charismatic princess/translater working with him. When the Spaniards actually had to fight one on one, they didn't do as well as everyone seems to think they did. The muskets were nearly useless and no more than noisemakers as were the cannon. The Aztecs learned how to take down the horsemen the same as the Romans learned to take out elephants in the Punic wars.

And as far as a lot of those areas it was no more than a couple of guys showing up, having the locals build a house and a flag pole and running up the flag. Superior technology does not equal victory.

Tell that to the USA in one of the last of the classic colonial wars: Vietnam. Okay the space battleships conquered the cities. They have to create a infrastructure to dominate the world. Watch the classic original "V" series. Too many places in the world it'll only be two guys and a flag pole.

Our would-be dominators will need some way to reduce the population to make it easier to colonize or they'll lose eventually and the colonialism will fail or they'll just put in a little ruling group that will eventually vanish into the population. That's how China dealt with numerous conquerers. Persia, India (before the Brits)

I'd see the conquest of earth by our space battleship guys as like Vietnam or occupied Europe in WWII (there's that "V" TV series again. V for Victory? The little V's painted over the enemy posters? Vive Le Resistance

So there'll be the aliens and there'll be Giap, Ho, Geronimio, Tito, Pontiac etc.

It ain't over till it's over.

Posted at

I'd move near the ocean. It's always something like water or germs that kills the aliens; that one time with the computer virus was just a fluke. Those aliens probably would have died from fatal and instantaneous allergic reactions to mosquito bites or something.

Also, I'd get far away from both New York and Washington, DC. Those places are like magnets for crap that wrecks cities.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.