Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Do you have any idea how hard it is to write a 15 minute script with minimal sound effects? I keep timing mine and it's hitting around the thirteen minute range.

And while I'm whining I might as well add that I'm using the designated format and it's made this script a beast. The sucker is like over twenty pages now, and not because it's some Shakesperean epic, the formatting just leaves a lot of dead space.

I'm only complaining because I don't want to really admit how much fun I'm having writing this - it might be a bit of a blow if I get attatched to it and it gets shot down. Though if that happens I can always salvage it for a short comic, I suppose.

Posted at

I'm in If I can get my hands on a good mike in time. I have been working on a rumbling low voice that I have been itching to try, and everyone tells me I'm an excellent dramatic reader.

I saw the script deadline, but once the scripts are in when is the voice deadline?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I'm in If I can get my hands on a good mike in time. I have been working on a rumbling low voice that I have been itching to try, and everyone tells me I'm an excellent dramatic reader.

I saw the script deadline, but once the scripts are in when is the voice deadline?
Excellent! another vict-, er, interested party!

Once the deadline for scripts has passed, I think we need roughly three weeks for people to access, read, and vote.

The voice "try-outs" are based on the winning script, so we can't begin to have voices until early/mid June. There's still a bit of "how-to"s I have to work out regarding the voices.

I'm going to wait a couple more days and if I don't hear any objections or suggestions otherwise, I'll edit the first post with some real script "rules".

So far only one person has indicated a preference about whether script authors should be known or not. My one concern was about guarding "property rights" but if each author will note on their script, "copyright retained by author", we should be fine.

With that in mind, those script writers who want to guard their identities and have questions, please PQ me.

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

I'd definitely agree with voting on anonymous scripts. And I agree that throwing up a comic page for the scripts is a great idea! We could comment on our favorite ones.

While I'd enjoy writing a script for this, I will instead attempt to lend my voice towards the winning one. As long as someone writes in a dull/boring/nerdy character I'm confident I won't even have to try. ;)

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Hypothetical question: Could I try out for a part in the play if my script is the one that wins?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hypothetical question: Could I try out for a part in the play if my script is the one that wins?
Once you get your script in, and after it wins, then absolutely you can try out for one of the parts you wrote.

The script vote and voice try-out vote will both be anonymous and separate from each other.

Speaking of getting scripts in: the first script entry has arrived. It will be posted on 16 May in a drawing-free "comic" called (what else) "Drunk Duck Radio Play".

I think I indicated that entries might start posting on 1 May, but now I don't think it's a good idea to have some available before others, and I'm leaning toward posting them all at once.

opinions please?

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

I think I indicated that entries might start posting on 1 May, but now I don't think it's a good idea to have some available before others, and I'm leaning toward posting them all at once.

opinions please?

Go ahead and post them all up at once. That will reduce the salivating threshold that waiting for the next entry will most likely incur.

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

In the interest of fairness, I'd say post them all at once. If votes are left for the scripts in the form of comments on the pages, the scripts that are posted first are more likely to win just because they have more time to gain votes.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hadn't considered the spectrum of salivating thresholds!!

It'll also help keep each entry very original - if George Harrison could have been influenced by what had gone before, and he was . . .

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Announcement:

As I have already received the first script submission, consider today May Day and the script submission is on.

PQ me for my email address if you have a script to submit.

For questions about scripts, please read the re-vamped first post of this thread.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Ally Haert donated The Perfect cover —thank you so much, Ally :)

The link to the cover (and the scripts) coming soon. Get those scripts in.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Okay, I can't find my best mic and I'm kinda limited for recording time so I suppose I would only really do writing.

I've got a couple scripts for ALU I'm finishing up if you're interested.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Four days left (counting today) to get your radio play script submitted. see first post of thread for details

There have been five who told me they'd do it — so here's a reminder for you. And anyone on the edge, jump and do it!

I could beg, but No One enjoys that (that I know of – and if you do it enjoy it, well, go watch PBS and get a full set of jollies on).

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Five hours, 38 minutes remaining to submit your radio play script.

OR - five hours, 38 minutes to PQ me and let me know that your are DEFINITELY doing it, but need more time.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Have you had any scripts?
Do you need more? If so, you'd better extend the deadline.

I could provide a short script from one of the chapters of Pinky TA, to which I will of course retain full copyrights and all that jazz, -but if you need it, I can do it. It will take me time though.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Have you had any scripts?
Do you need more? If so, you'd better extend the deadline.

I could provide a short script from one of the chapters of Pinky TA, to which I will of course retain full copyrights and all that jazz, -but if you need it, I can do it. It will take me time though.
Thanks, Oz! Only do it if you want to because

I've PQ'd the folks who said they were interested in submitting a script. If they still want to do that, then I'll extend the deadline.

If I still don't hear from them by the week's end (and, you know, what is that?! YOU CAN'T GET COOTIES FROM PQs PEOPLE — it's been scientifically proven!!) then we do have one script and we just won't need to vote for a script.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Update!

We have a script! Let the voice recordings begin. Click the link "Submission rules" in my sig, below.

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

WINNER BY DEFAULT. AWESOME!

Posted at

…This is going to sound a little odd, but… is it alright if a chick tries out for one of the guys parts? Because I've got a deepish voice anyway, and I noticed there was a sleazy male character, and I can put on a really sleazy male voice, despite… being.. obviously female. UHHHHH…..

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

… is it alright if a chick tries out for one of the guys parts?
Absolutely. And vice versa. Votes will decide the casting (one vote to DD member via PQ).

Czarina decides if there's a tie.

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

This will be interesting! I hope we won't have a bunch of default voice winners, too…I was expecting more scripts!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

This will be interesting! I hope we won't have a bunch of default voice winners, too
Day 1 Stats, following announcement of script winner
page views of script: 10
number of PQs received: 0

So Ally, I was thinking. As lovely as your southern cadence is, I'm not sure how it will translate into a male noir detective voice. I guess in our 50:50 split I should probably go for Maxwell McDuff. your thoughts?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Day 2 Stats
page views of script: 20
number of PQs received: 1
number of recordings received: 0

meh, barely better. Come on COME ON — don't let this be You:

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Stats Update

script page views May 31: 70
script page views June 1: 30
so far today (drum roll): 0, zilch, nada

voice recordings received: 1 ( Free MP3 download: Maxwell_contender 01.mp3 )

I received one additional PQ commitment for a recording

just to clarify, this is not the "manifestation" thread, folks: Thinking about it isn't going to make it happen.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

no activity for a week, with the exception of a few page views of the script

Is anybody still interested in this? Because I don't think it would be a problem for Skool or Ozone to wipe out the thread and we just don't mention this little episode any longer.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.