Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

She had to scramble every week just to see if anyone had anything to submit.

It was NOT a management problem, it was a contributor problem.

Point the fingers at yourselves on this one, you're to blame here.

God, this is sickening.

Eleika
Eleika
Posted at

Are you all quite done now?

For those of you bitching about quality, you think it sucked? Well, that was all we had. I tried to get more people to submit. If you were that concerned with quality, if you thought you could do better, why didn't you send something yourself? Yes, Kennedy, I'm looking at you. Yes everyone else, I'm not just looking at Kennedy.

I tried to garner interest. Half the time I wound up having to actively e-mail people begging for submissions, which is annoying to everyone involved. And then I wound up emotionally and mentally spent. There is only so much I can do alone, and for the last time, I SAID AT THE START THAT I COULD NOT DO IT BY MYSELF.

To Neilak - Don't talk about what you don't know, and don't you DARE say I didn't care. I cared about the Quack when I was the only one doing anything about it. I cared and it hurt me to kill it, but it was either the Quack or me. As for your reply? I was away on vacation for the last week of July. By the time I had my life back under control (because naturally when one goes away for a week, three weeks' work greet one upon one's return), the Quack was dead. And by that point I was so overwhelmed and stressed (so much for the vacation) that I didn't even know who I replied to, and it was pointless to tell you what format we needed when the Quack wasn't going to go on anyway.

I was grateful for your submission, don't get me wrong, but you and AussieKid were the only ones who sent me anything, and we can't produce an issue on two comics. As for AussieKid's offer, it came hours after the Quack died. Again appreciated, but too late to save it.

Hearing this sort of stuff makes me sick at my stomach. I did pour my heart and soul into it, and it was meant to be a part of the Duck as Skoolmunkee suggests. But no, everyone just wrote it off.

And then they have the balls to say I didn't reply to them, and that I didn't care?

Thanks but no thanks. I'll see you at Delirium.

Posted at

All I'm going to say is that it's not unusual that webcomic community projects die. It sucks that it didn't work out but I wish all the best to Eleika with her new project. She piloted the thing the best she could and if she was stressing out about it, then I much rather she have a piece of mind then work herself to death over a zine.

I'm not too interested in blame. Things like this happen all the time and blame is counterproductive. The thread had been open for a while and I trust everyone had their say on this subject. Hence the lock.

If you're totally unsatisfied with what has happened, I geniunely welcome you to try your hands at a zine. I'll try to offer the same kind of exposure I tried giving The Quack. If you're totally unsatisfied but you don't want to do something about it, then I'm afraid you missed your chance to say something.

.: Black Kitty :.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.