Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

So, what's the deal with people posting part of their response in tiny, tiny font? I understand it's a bit of a gag, but basically it boils down to wanting to say something, but not wanting anyone to see it. So, what's the point? You still said it. Everyone can see it. It's a bit more of a hassle to, but it's there. I'm mostly pissed at the idea because, as a moderator, I have to check them all to make sure no one's trying to sneak racial slurs or personal attacks into their posts.

Posted at

as a moderator, I have to check them all to make sure no one's trying to sneak racial slurs or personal attacks into their posts.

heh me too
but it does get annoying, i wish if people did that it would be small enough, but readable

pastel
pastel
Posted at

It is annoying, but I think the effect makes it worth it.

What will these kids complain about next? Having to get up to change the channel on the television?

Posted at

I've done it one or two times before….

mainly it's one way for me to write out a long rant that others may find objectable (not nessicarly slurs or racial…just things people may not argee with)…

but not like stretch the page downwards where the person has to scroll and scroll just to get to the bottom of my post. =P

so mainly I just make all the "unimportant" bits tiny while I keep the main points normal size.

Posted at

I sometimes use small font so that I can say something without everyone seeing it… (I know that can just quote me and read it, but still).

And it's a little fun to write small.

Posted at

My good man, simply the fact that it is available to do is a major factor. It's sort of like a whisper, not really hiding things. This isn't hidden. Anyone can see it simply by highlighting and clicking "View Selection Source." And honestly, if someone was trying to sneak in a slur or something, would it be any harder to see then to see in a normal font? If you don't want to read it, don't. I for one will be the first to tell a moderator considering I always look at tiny font.

-Atom

Posted at

My good man, simply the fact that it is available to do is a major factor. It's sort of like a whisper, not really hiding things. This isn't hidden. Anyone can see it simply by highlighting and clicking "View Selection Source." And honestly, if someone was trying to sneak in a slur or something, would it be any harder to see then to see in a normal font? If you don't want to read it, don't. I for one will be the first to tell a moderator considering I always look at tiny font.

-Atom
Normal version because Fern are right.

Posted at

This is more fun anyway.

Wow, that is quite amazing.

FoxmanZEO
FoxmanZEO
Posted at

What would be a more acceptable small font size?

marine
marine
Posted at

WOULD YOU PREFER I DID THIS INSTEAD OF THIS? Also what kind of racial slurs are going on in the VIDEO GAME sub forum? Someone making fun of Marios italian heritdge? Did someone call Sonic "spikey" just becuase he was a hedgehog? Is someone making fun of Master Chief using the phrase "terran" instead of the PC term "earthling?"

or is that all bullshit either way Ink?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Actually, I don't really know what the fuss is about. This latest version of my lovely Seamonkey browser doesn't render that forum text any smaller than about size 3, so it's never too small to read, I don't even squint.

Big text however gives me the sh*ts. I tend to edit posts with massive text to bring it down to something that doesn't stretch the formatting of the HTML table rendering in the thread. That is one disadvantage of Seamonkey: in the forums you can stretch the tables out of shape with long text strings and massive text.
Not pics though :)
-Only trolls and dopey Top Drawer noobs do that anyway..

Posted at

Haha, that looks hilarious in firefox. It's all mashed together in a big unreadable jumble and the letters stick into other parts of the page like ozone's post.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Marine knew I'd expect him to do that. -_-

Posted at

i just went in and redid the font options on firefox, so now i can see all the little letters

bwahahaha

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.