Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Sahrimnir
Sahrimnir
Posted at

Would you like to review "When Pigs Fly"?
http://www.drunkduck.com/When_Pigs_Fly/

While I realize that it doesn't look good that a comic that started four years ago actually fulfills the criteria for these reviews (there are currently 23 pages), I'm gonna try to update more regularly from now on…

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

Rudy's review for No Songs for the Dead is up.
Check it out!

Also I would like to clarify some things that are going to effect as of now.

25 pages is the limit.
I will only bend on that if I'm really hurting for something to review.
Also at that point I will only review the first 25 pages.

If your comic is under 25 pages at the time of sign-up it will be reviewed as normal.

To make things clear HERE'S A LIST:
Upcoming:
Arch Agent
Gladiator School
Underbelly
When Pigs Fly
Thirteen Comics

Fodder(when upcoming list is finished):
Jake the Evil Hare
A Deviant Mind

If you are on the fodder list and don't like that just let me know so I can remove you.
If the case is that you're worried about it being an incomplete review, it won't be.

Next up is Arch Agent.

Posted at

Hai. Okay, I'll take the plunge. It would be awesome if you would review my comic (The Flaming Chicken). Figured I may as well request while I'm still below 25 pages for it.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you didn't let the anti 3D bias through.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I really like your reviews, to the point that my fragile ego is permitting me to request a review of A Cat's Tale.

Thanks in advance.

Annika
Annika
Posted at

I wouldn't mind a review. The pages up so far were coloured with a mouse *shudder* but my tablet is secretly plotting my demise. The comic is called In All Things. It gets weird at page -1. http://www.drunkduck.com/In_All_Things/

*after reading today's author's notes* uhhh on second thought please wait until after the holidays to review mine thankies!

PyThomas
PyThomas
Posted at

My only critique about this review thing is the 25-50 page limit. There's many comics that have had shaky starts and may take about 100 or more installments to get into their groove. I know my comic looked real rough at the beginning, and you could see quite a difference in appearance between then and now as my technique improved.

I understand your reluctance to click through hundreds of archive pages… I just feel that you're cheating yourself out of some excellent comics with those limits, and that you're only gonna be looking at comics that have yet to "gel".

Maybe instead of stipulating "25 or 50-count series only", you could state that you're only going to pore over the last 25-30 updates of a comic. Just a friendly suggestion. :)

Zenny
Zenny
Posted at

I think this comic really is a good idea. It takes away all the controlling "draw 500 realistic apples by monday" aspects while keeping the intellectual critiques on what we should work on without, in most cases, offensiveness. there is the constructive criticism even in the case of 13comics it was a "you need to stop all this-you just gestured to all of me!"(HTTYD)way. Great Idea putting it in an amusing form too, and showing what could be improved.

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

Don't review my review comic. You're tearing the fabric of the universe!!!
Nah really, thanks for the comments.

@Zenny: Appreciate it. I'll try to keep it amusing and improve too. Although I never saw that movie, if in fact you are referring to that movie?

@PyThomas: Thanks for the suggestion and of course I understand what you are saying. But to me that's exactly why I want to keep it at that limit. Normally the page limit to participate in anything reviews or otherwise and not just on DD, is over 20 pages. I figured I'd give the baby comics a place to participate in something. Also I figure its a good way of letting budding comics know if they are on the right track and can gather a tiny bit more readers whilst it is first starting out. Maybe they can 'gel' faster. That is if I offer any good advice. I hope to do that at least.

LIST as of 12/23/10:
Upcoming:
The Mannequin Waltz
The Flaming Chicken
A Cat's Tale
TCMB
In All Things

Jake the Evil Hare
A Deviant Mind

Next up is The Mannequin Waltz.

Posted at

Don't bother revewing my comic I'm restarting it.

Posted at

Nergal, I like that the reviews are for baby comics. It's unique and it's an important stage to get some good feedback/criticism in. :]

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Can you add the Hero Factor to the list please.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I didn't get to thanking you for the review yet.
Thank you.
I enjoy reviews no mettaur what happens to be said in them

-1337/funnyman
Did someone mention me? :D

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

Get out of here hijacker!!!! Just kidding. It doesn't matter to me.

The review for Mannequin Waltz is up. I also updated a story page about the new review bot. Check it out yo!

@funnyman: Anytime! Thanks!

Next up is The Flaming Chicken.

LIST as of 12/28/10:
Upcoming:
The Flaming Chicken
A Cat's Tale
In All Things
The Hero Factor

Jake the Evil Hare
A Deviant Mind

Let me know if I'm missing anything?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.