Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I just want to throw it out there that, if voices had bodies, I would [beep] the [beep] out of Betty 5. That's just sexy, good job. lol! Please don't kill me, girl who voiced Betty 5.

Also…

Janitor 1: I'm sorry, what was that? A roll of "bilup"? It's sounds as though he was remixed midway into his recording. Bilup.

Narrator 11: City of Teecrets. I bet they make great tea in Teecrets.

Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

BUT GOOD LUCK GUESSING WHO I AM YOU FOOLS!

MUAHAHAHAHHAA–*looks at guesses from Ally and NickyP*-HAHAHAHHOOOOOOSHIIIT….

I'm pretty certain I know one of your voices :D I'm not done listening to all of them, but I feel pretty certain of that!

And like gene hole, I didn't realize that we could give your real pictures ^^;;;
Here's one of meee: http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Rose_Killer/gfx/Photo%20on%202011-05-03%20at%2017.59.jpg
(taken in a study room at school, teehee xD)

Gyaaaa, gotta listen to all of these so I can votttttteeee!

Posted at

I'm pretty certain I know one of your voices :D I'm not done listening to all of them, but I feel pretty certain of that!

Haha, I'm not surprised you know. I'm pretty damn obvious! :)

But there is one voice of mine that no one has seemed to pick up on yet, and that is making me giddy with confidence.

But… mustn't give it away until then!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

And like gene hole, I didn't realize that we could give your real pictures ^^;;;
Here's one of meee
Gyaaaa, gotta listen to all of these so I can votttttteeee!
Fixed.

and yes - please vote! not nearly enough votes yet and The Switch-a-roo is going to make things dicey, I'm afraid.

and if you want a leg-up on guessing voices – several of our talents have contributed to a Quackcast (so Oz should be able to ID quite a few :) - as he did last year)

gene hole
gene hole
Posted at

Also…

Janitor 1: I'm sorry, what was that? A roll of "bilup"? It's sounds as though he was remixed midway into his recording. Bilup.

actually sounded like "fill-um," and isn't the first time I've heard it pronounced that way…

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I am no good at guessing names. I'm kinda surprised Ozone hasn't taken a crack at the one's I did since I submitted to the Quackcast a couple of times.

Posted at

I have to say I am super tempted to vote for all the most gimmicky submissions. The thought of a radio play with howling narrator, doofy old-timey scientist guy main character, Jimmy Stewart walk-on, and transsexual Betty has me cracking up just thinking about it.

Snevilly
Snevilly
Posted at

I picked voices that were confident, entertaining, and still enjoyable after the first 15-20 seconds worth of novelty.

Posted at

I have to say I am super tempted to vote for all the most gimmicky submissions. The thought of a radio play with howling narrator, doofy old-timey scientist guy main character, Jimmy Stewart walk-on, and transsexual Betty has me cracking up just thinking about it.

I did that… partly. At least, I picked a few funny ones, and a couple of serious ones.

DO IT.

Snevilly
Snevilly
Posted at

There were a lot of really good voices. I had trouble narrowing down some of the entries for different roles. There were three or four that I really loved, but others won out for one reason or another.

I think this was lots of fun though and I've been trying to think of other ways we could try this again or incorporate voice into our other projects on DD.

Also, while I'm gushing I should probably say, "Thanks everyone, for making this such a fun experience!" ^.^

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Also, while I'm gushing I should probably say, "Thanks everyone, for making this such a fun experience!" ^.^

has been pretty great. a round of applause to ayes for the idea, and efforts in getting this all together, one for ally who has donated this fun script, and another for everyduck whose chipped in one way or another

here, here!
-clap,clap,clap-

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

I really hope that this project has gained enough attention this year that when it rolls around again next year there will be more interest (i.e. people turn in more than just my one script). It does feel nice to "win", but it feels a lot less so when I know that I won simply by default. Would anybody have actually voted for this script (besides me, of course)?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I really hope that this project has gained enough attention this year that when it rolls around again next year there will be more interest (i.e. people turn in more than just my one script).
Part of the problem is getting the news out- Not all duckers use the forums and even those that do don't all see our news posts in the sidebar there.

Hopefully when the site is redone and new returns to the front page, front and centrer, these sorts of community projects will be able to get more visible promotion!

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

And so we're officially back. But what now? Votes extended?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

NickyP wrote:

And so we're officially back. But what now? Votes extended?

NickyP:   you are dedicated to this project!  I like that about you.

Votes have to be extended if only because
(1) I don't even have 10.  PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
(2) I got word that three people PQ'd their votes to me while I was away on 30 June/1 July – and now those votes might as well be in Fort Knox.

So – one last week to email me the votes at drunkduck100@yahoo.com.  If you PQ'd me on 30 June or after, please send your votes to me again via the email.  sorry for the hassle, but I don't see the PQ being instantly fixed.

BEFORE  winners are announced, I will contact them via email to confirm they will still be able to send in a recording of the entire role.

Re guesses:   some of the recordings have been Nailed, but others seem to be quite the mystery.  Once again, ozone has the hi8ghest number of correct guesses.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

It's a fun project! Plus, I voice act for some of my games, and it's no secret among my friends that I wanted to do voicework. So yeah, I'm kinda hoping I win the part I tried for :P!
Also, considering our PQ in/outbox has been wiped, I have no idea when I sent you my votes. Uh.. you got mine, right? If not I guess I can relisten to the recordings and vote again.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I only have votes from these
people:

Ally
Haert
blindsk
bravo1102
gene
hole
gullas
NickyP
OnlyFools
ozone
Salsa
Snevilly

If
you're not listed, please either PQ your votes to me or BETTER!! email them to
druckduck100@yahoo.com.    blame sobriety

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I think the site changeover put a considerable dent in this project. Before it happened it was pretty active, now you'd think we're the only two that still care.

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Three! Only THREE who care! :D

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

But of course, how could I forget our amazing script author? :P Three it is. Woohoo. We have just enough to recreate the cast of Three's Company, too. Oh boy, the 70's related hijynx and mischief we'll have will be so fun~!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I call dibs on Jack.  I'm SO not a la Suzanne Somers and Joyce is annoying

and will just hit this little submit button here

maybe

I'm just savoring these few mintues by myself, without the 502s and 504s that have been keeping me comany these last couple of days

here it goes . . .

edit:

back on topic, winners of the most votes will be contacted this Sunday.  12 hours remain to get your votes in

gene hole
gene hole
Posted at

heyo- if three's company, looks like I just made this a crowd!

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i would also like to partake of this shindig; alas i would have arvived sooner but the bugs kept me somewhat at bay. anyway i still think this idea is the bees knees and would like to keep it up and going.
at least from a participator standpoint

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

The project's not dead at all, really. It's alive and well. But I think because of the site changeover, no one really talks about it as much.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.