Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Volt deserves a standing ovation for all the hard work that he has poured into DD. He will be missed.

K. Who are you?

Rockstar
Rockstar
Posted at

I agree with Steak. And if you have any available, a graph to explain who you are would be nice.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Hm. Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted I suppose, gonna be weird to have DD without Dylan though.

Good luck with whatever you're up to.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

It's the end of an era. And it was a very good era with you in charge, Dylan.

Posted at

Thank you, Volte, for providing a community for artists of all kinds, both advanced and beginner, talented and skilled, experimental and formulaic, to explore their potential and get feedback. I can only speak for myself, but it's because of Drunk Duck that I've grown as an artist. I mean that- The people I've met because of this site, the feedback I've gotten, everything.

Of course, I didn't know you at ALL personally. Still, you started something important here, and I really hope that it proves to function without you. I wish you luck in future endeavors.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Volt deserves a standing ovation for all the hard work that he has poured into DD. He will be missed.
K. Who are you?
I know ^____^

Rockstar
Rockstar
Posted at

But I bet you don't have graphs. You're not so powerful now, are you?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yes, I do have access to certain graphs… ;)

Posted at

So it's someone from that tiki place. Any reason they're an admin here too? Our new coder perhaps?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Nope. Good guess though. Using yer noggin regarding his name and avatar. ;)

Oh yeah: yes- Tiki, no- coder.

Posted at

But there is a reason he's here? ….

Eye candy.

Or my other guess being that he's going to be handling DrunkDuck from a financial standpoint and taking the site in whatever direction is required to make it both fun and profitable.

Hah.

Posted at

Yes… -_-

Damn you.

So, would it be safe to say that perhaps mrdweedles is riding into drunkduck on a pale horse?

Posted at

Has he been making the site more fun since 1-28-2008? I don't feel any happier.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Not as far as I know. It's still Dylan.
As far as I know…

Posted at

Bye Dylan,

It was cool to hang out with you the few times we met.

You will be missed but I am not sad to see you go. I think it was time. I've been around since the Penny Arcade rip off days and I know your heart went out of DD a long time ago & it became a job to you even before the PS take over. Back in the day I know you used to post some pretty cool stuff in the news posts when you came across it, about the time you stopped doing that I knew this had become a lot of work and not so much fun. I'm glad you've been enjoying Tiki Island and I bet you have a lot of other ideas you want to try. I hope you now will get the chase to persue those dreams and find some projects that can be as much a labor of love as DD was once for you.

You'll always be welcome here & I'm sure we'll always be more then happy to accept any help you can give but I hope this opening the way to new dreams.

Posted at

Why won't you friend me on facebook, volte?

:(

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Man, Volte left now too. Feels like everyone's jumping ship…

Oh well, good luck with your future endeavors, sir.

Posted at

I hope my complaining about the gigcast feed being moved off the 2007 front page redesign didn't upset him.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

I think most of us had the feeling that Volte6 "spiritually" left Drunk Duck a long time ago.

This just makes it official.

mrdweedles
mrdweedles
Posted at

For those that don't know me:

I work for platinum studios and oversee DD now. I knew Volte when he built the first version of DD ages ago and actually got him his first gig as a PHP developer. To be honest, his talent got him the gig. I just opened the door. He and I have worked on many project together since, including mrtiki.com.

Volt brought me over to platinum. I'm in the process of building a development team to fill our late mr. volte's large shoes.

Please bare with me as we transition.

-Dweeds

Posted at

I knew Volte when he built the first version of DD ages ago and actually got him his first gig as a PHP developer.

Who do I blame for his blatant misuse of AJAX?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.