Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I'm in - I'll probably use some existing characters, but I'll have to think about it some. And I thought 6-String Samurai as well when I read it - but I think it will make a fun comic. You should check out that movie, though. It's in my top 10. Especially the car chase scene and the epic guitar battle with Death. Hell yes.

If I ever see it for sale at Wal Mart I'll be sure to do it. That's pretty much my highest chance of seeing stuff. Hope it isn't too similar though. Truth be told,at the time I had the idea I was thinking kind of retro 80's 'Battle of the Bands' type stuff, only harder. For some reason Bill and Ted, Lobo, and Jack Black went into the thinking. Weird. Sounds like a cool movie though, I've heard of it before.

you know what?….so many people here know Six string Samurai, that i can't help but join…tho for right now i'm not much help

And you're added. Don't worry if you can't be too much help, I'm not really sure how much I can contribute, I can't draw and I'm having trouble working in plots for this.
Mostly I might just be the organizer/glue for this, as well as the scapegoat in case it doesn't do so hot.XD

Hey chaps! Gotta say it made me think of Six-String Samurai, too. I actually loved that movie. But anyway, can you count me in? I've never actually done a DD collaborative project before so I may need some helping along, but I'd love to do a few pages for this. It's an awesome idea! And I love me some rock n' roll. Give me a chance to pay some homage to old classics like the Flamin' Groovies. Hahaaa, yes.

Plus drawing characters interacting with Bones and Puke would be fuckin' awesome.

And you're in. Glad you like the idea.

I use to draw some pretty wild sh@t…. And would like to get back to my roots!
I do not have any characters made for this, but I can and will do a couple on the fly!! This sounds like a kickin' project… just tell me what needs to be done, and I'm there!! 8D

*yea… that smile is freaky…

You got it. Not sure what all will be needed for this yet though…

I personally don't see anything wrong with creating the comic on your account. You could always make the current artist the assistant under your advanced option for the time being so they could put up their pages.

Sounds cool, thanks. I'm making everything on that end ready right now.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Comic Name: War of the Bands
Short Description: The world's craziest bands war for fame and fortune in Death Valley.
(The description is just temporary, though the best I can come up with at the moment. Got a better description in mind? Share it! Please?)
Type of Comic: Comic Story
Rating: T+ (for now, I don't really care too much if it goes to Mature or whatever. Just wanted to put some kind of rating up for the moment).
Style: I put it as 'Experimental' since it might not end up in any one style.
Categories: Western (cause it's in a desert) Tribute (cause the whole thing is kind of a rock tribute…sort of).
Tone: Comedy (I'm guessing here)

How's that?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Sounds about right to me ^.^ I doubt you'll have much luck finding the movie at Walmart - it's kind of a tough find.

Here's a clip - it has my favorite line in the whole movie: "Nice tuxedo. Nice tuxedo to DIE in."

Fishfilet
Fishfilet
Posted at

Sounds good to me! I'm excited. :} Feel free to send me a PQ or whatever if you need me for anything. In the meantime, I guess I should start thinking up my characters. Do you have any guidelines as far as characters go? Obviously we have to stick to a rockin' kind of genre, but you know. Just thought I'd ask.

Oh an don't worry. The story doesn't sound to similar to Six String Samurai. Besides, it's awesome even if people compare the two. :D

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Sounds about right to me ^.^ I doubt you'll have much luck finding the movie at Walmart - it's kind of a tough find.

Here's a clip - it has my favorite line in the whole movie: "Nice tuxedo. Nice tuxedo to DIE in."
Thanks, though sadly I can't see it. I got dial up, so videos take too long. Plus for some reason youtube has been messing up on my computer a lot lately.

Sounds good to me! I'm excited. :} Feel free to send me a PQ or whatever if you need me for anything. In the meantime, I guess I should start thinking up my characters. Do you have any guidelines as far as characters go? Obviously we have to stick to a rockin' kind of genre, but you know. Just thought I'd ask.

Oh an don't worry. The story doesn't sound to similar to Six String Samurai. Besides, it's awesome even if people compare the two. :D

No guidelines, none that I can think of anyways.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I want to do this, it sounds really cool. My two characters are Zack and Mike from the hiatus'd comic Button Bashers.
And another one is added. Welcome aboard!

In other news, I just set up the War of the Bands forum. It has a place to discuss the story (which is currently lacking for the most part), a place to discuss/post about characters, and a place for artwork. Link is:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/?comic_id=27415

I'm almost proud of myself. *sniffles a little*

Oh, and I'll be busy/hectic this summer, so I might not be able to do a whole lot when this thing starts.
I'm thinking of a June or July starting date. Possibly August if things don't go so smoothly.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

In order to better come up with a vague, background sort of plot, as well as to figure out who to pair up with who, I'm asking for all interested parties to make their character ready and known (or at least a name and rough bio with picture) by the end of May. Thanks.

Oh, I'm also taking any and all advice/suggestions for this.
I'm surprisingly nervous about such a big project. Hope I do it right.

Posted at

Should have something for you soon V!

Posted at

heh, whilst I'm at this whole community things, I may as well join in, it sounds like fun! My character is Uper Dave, I'll have bio and what-not up soon. say, is is up to 2 characters or do I need 2?

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

heh, whilst I'm at this whole community things, I may as well join in, it sounds like fun! My character is Uper Dave, I'll have bio and what-not up soon. say, is is up to 2 characters or do I need 2?
Up to 2. You only need one.
While two is the most you can have for now, I'll probably allow for more 'supporting' characters once things get rolling a bit and the comic is almost started.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

After considering it for a while I'm in. That is of course if it's not too late.
Nope, not to late. Welcome aboard!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

hellllloooooo

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

hey, i've got WWAAAYYY to much stuff to do so i'm gonna have to drop outa this before it even starts, sorry man, sounds REALY fun, but i aint got the time.

Posted at

drawn lazily, but here.

Martin (age 19) and Chris (age 17)

Martin is the cool guy and Chris is the crazy one. Other than that there's not much character depth.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

hellllloooooo

And a helllllloooooo right back at ya!

hey, i've got WWAAAYYY to much stuff to do so i'm gonna have to drop outa this before it even starts, sorry man, sounds REALY fun, but i aint got the time.

Sad shame man, but if ya can't ya can't.

drawn lazily, but here.

Martin (age 19) and Chris (age 17)

Martin is the cool guy and Chris is the crazy one. Other than that there's not much character depth.

Cool.

Alright peoples, here's the deal. I'm going to be rather busy this summer, and I'm kind of running out of steam right now, so to make sure things happen and what not, I need some volunteers to help organize/plot/set up the world and rules a little more, as well as team up the participants into bands and set up a schedule.
Okay, so basically I need some people to do all the work. There, I said it.
So, if you'd like to really help get things ready and if you just like organizing and such, please for the love of god help. In closing, pretty please with sugar on top. Thank you.
I'll even call you the Magnificent Awesome Team.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

well…maby i count myself out too soon. i hav eno clue when this thing'll be up and running, and like i said, i'd realy like to be a part of it, so tell ya what, i'll hang around for now. maby i can even help in getting it going. i dont mind comming up with a plot, might be cool to even work with someone on it fi anyone's up to it! post here to lemme know, my PQ's dont always get through.

Posted at

Oh! I definitely have to join this.

I don't have pictures up at the moment. But I'll get some.

I'm entering in,

Rock Panda
and
Metalhead.

:D
*Pictures to come later*

Posted at

Flapjack, you're characters look like fun to draw! I'll have mine up tomorrow

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Alright peoples, here's the deal. I'm going to be rather busy this summer, and I'm kind of running out of steam right now, so to make sure things happen and what not, I need some volunteers to help organize/plot/set up the world and rules a little more, as well as team up the participants into bands and set up a schedule.
Okay, so basically I need some people to do all the work. There, I said it.
So, if you'd like to really help get things ready and if you just like organizing and such, please for the love of god help. In closing, pretty please with sugar on top. Thank you.
I'll even call you the Magnificent Awesome Team.

I've been volunteering for this since the beginning. Count me in. Also, I'll throw my chips in with my character Revolution.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

well…maby i count myself out too soon. i hav eno clue when this thing'll be up and running, and like i said, i'd realy like to be a part of it, so tell ya what, i'll hang around for now. maby i can even help in getting it going. i dont mind comming up with a plot, might be cool to even work with someone on it fi anyone's up to it! post here to lemme know, my PQ's dont always get through.
I've been volunteering for this since the beginning. Count me in. Also, I'll throw my chips in with my character Revolution.
Go Magnificent Awesome Team go!

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Oh yeah, more stuff:
1. I'll have a list of possible extra background/supporting characters we'll need. I'll make a list of characters we need, and the first one to claim it gets to make that character. I'll let you know, there's going to be a bartender and three waitresses. You can fight over who gets to make those four now. First come first serve. I'll add more later, and I'm open to suggestions.B)
2. Whenever I start matching you up into band buddies, all you have to do is pq me if there's somebody you don't want to work with before hand, and I'll make sure not to team you up, no questions asked.
3. Oh, and after looking at a few DD Zombies and Civil War stuff, I realized something. They got spin off comics. So, if you want to make a spin off comic or whatever their called, feel free…nay, feel encouraged to do so. Just let me and/or…Magnificent Awesome Team? Eh, whoever winds up as the sort of organizers of the project at the time, and we'll link to it.
4. That last part reminds me, I can't make those neat comic banners cause I don't know how…plus I can't draw. So towards start up time if someone could make a WotB banner, that'd be awesome.
Let's see, I covered supporting characters, pq me thing, spin off/related comics, and banners. I think that is everything.

Reading this, it almost seems like I know what I'm doing. Almost.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.