Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I call the bartender. I SO want to do the bartender.
Bam! You got bartender duties.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I will draw a waitress.

AccoSpoot
AccoSpoot
Posted at

I was totally gonna sign up for this when it started, but I forgot, looks like ye got a full roster, but I'd like to volunteer for one of the Waitresses.

Posted at

I'm up for some of the organization work, just tell me where to pick up the slack I suppose. I can come up with a waitress design later on as well.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I was totally gonna sign up for this when it started, but I forgot, looks like ye got a full roster, but I'd like to volunteer for one of the Waitresses.
Actually we're still taking sign ups if you want to make a band character as well.
I'm up for some of the organization work, just tell me where to pick up the slack I suppose. I can come up with a waitress design later on as well.
Great. If you and the rest of MAT(Magnificent Awesome Team) can work and a central story plot for the thing that we can hang up all the character and subplots on, that'd be great. Basically, if you guys can just hammer out and refine the details and add on a bit to everything I've got for the story so far. There's a lot of good debate and suggestions going on for it at the official comic forum (something about judges and a tour guide).

Oh, which reminds me, the list now includes 4 legendary rock stars turned judges (like in American Idol, only really cool and not annoying) to make comments on the bands, and a famous roadie to act as tour guide for everyone. Again, first come first serve.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Oh, almost forgot, the list of background/supporting characters also include law enforcement. One sheriff, one deputy, and an indeterminate number of cops.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Oh, I must draw at least one of the legendary rockers.

AccoSpoot
AccoSpoot
Posted at

Actually we're still taking sign ups if you want to make a band character as well

Hmmm, I got a few band members from an old comic that I'd like to re-use at some point, trouble is their a four piece, and I suck at having my characters sing, or play guitar, or you know, musicness, I was gonna ask if ye'd mind a few fan type characters, going just to listen to the music.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

yeah, i'll design one of the legendary rockers too.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Hmmm, I got a few band members from an old comic that I'd like to re-use at some point, trouble is their a four piece, and I suck at having my characters sing, or play guitar, or you know, musicness, I was gonna ask if ye'd mind a few fan type characters, going just to listen to the music.
Yeah, you can make up to two characters just going to see the bands.
Actually, we'd probably need a couple of fan type characters eventually.

AccoSpoot
AccoSpoot
Posted at

Yeah, you can make up to two characters just going to see the bands.
Actually, we'd probably need a couple of fan type characters eventually.

Cool, I've got two characters lined up, I just need to kinda tweek them a little.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'd like to snag the character design for a legendary rocker, too! Is that allowed if I'm already submitting two characters? If not, then I will only sulk/cry for a few minutes. No big deal =D

Posted at

EDIT: Not sure if the image is too big, or what, but here is a link in case I have to take it down: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/OhSiris/Roland.jpg

Here's my character - Roland, a singer - I'm just going to enter one character, so I can focus on the supporting cast we need, like the waitresses/fans/judges/cops.

I think we need a Yoko Ono/Courtney Love type, either lumped in with the old rockers or a character of her own…

Posted at

I guess I'm good for a fallback if anything needs doing, so feel free to ask me to do stuff that needs doing.

Posted at

If I have time I'll experiment with some banners for the comic

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I'd like to snag the character design for a legendary rocker, too! Is that allowed if I'm already submitting two characters? If not, then I will only sulk/cry for a few minutes. No big deal =D

It's allowed, these are extra supporting characters that don't count against you.

I guess I'm good for a fallback if anything needs doing, so feel free to ask me to do stuff that needs doing.

Will do, thank you.

If I have time I'll experiment with some banners for the comic

That'd be awesome!

More news:
At the comic's forum we're discussing making a map for this thing. You can volunteer to help make it! Linkie: http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=42060&cid=3381&comic_id=27415

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Greeting rock monkeys! New news: Time for pairings!
Here's how the pairing thing is going to work: I'm going to need a volunteer to go back over this thread and make a list of who all has registered to do this, I don't want to forget anyone. Then you need to send PQs to everyone to make sure they're still in and can do this. Then make any needed changes to the list and send it to me, and I'll begin randomly pairing people.
I posted this in the other forum as well.
Not sure if he posted here, but magicmaker sent a pq a while back saying he was in, so add him to the list and pq him to.
Brownie points goes to the volunteers who do this! Brownie points!

Oh yes, more news. I plan to visit relatives soon for a couple of weeks, so if I don't respond in roughly five days, I want the 2/3 members of the Awesome Magnificent team to randomly pair everyone up into 6 groups. Make it random dammit!

In the other forum we got a map. Each team will get to choose their starting point on the map, and thus what obstacles are going to be in their way.

We'll settle out such things as turns, and all that jazz later. After all, 6 groups telling about all the things that happen to them in the first chapter is a bit big, so I need the organizers to work out a system on how this can work, flow so readers can understand what all is going on, and keep things fun and fast paced.

Well, that was an awful lot.

Any questions? No seriously, I'm almost positive I've forgotten or missed something.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

allright, well since go time is getting near, i officialy cant do this. sounded like a wicked idea but i Am gonna have to say "NNNYYYAAAA GOOD SIR!!!" …sorry…

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'll take care of gathering a list of participants. I'll post this in the other forum too - will have everything gathered and post the results in the WotB forum =]

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

allright, well since go time is getting near, i officialy cant do this. sounded like a wicked idea but i Am gonna have to say "NNNYYYAAAA GOOD SIR!!!" …sorry…
Actually go time isn't nearing til mid-July-ish. Don't know if that helps any.
I'm mostly trying to get everyone paired up and all so everyone can have a ton of time to brain storm.
Again, don't know if that helps any.
I'll take care of gathering a list of participants. I'll post this in the other forum too - will have everything gathered and post the results in the WotB forum =]
Yay! As promised:
*throws brownie points at amanda*

amanda
amanda
Posted at

*throws brownie points at amanda*
Ow, my EYE! *whimpers*

FYI, Pit_Face, I did *not* send you a PQ since you bowed out, but if you want to jump back on, we'd love to rock out with you. Just let us know =]

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.