Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

The only things I generally use every day are my laptop, my wacom tablet, and the internet. I think the internet is the most futureistic thing that has panned out in reality lately.

I totally agree! I use the internet all the friggin' time…It is my prime mode of communication/socialization and I honestly like it that way (That's why I don't have a phone, my friends are realllll talky people and I despise talkin' on the phone…) Plus, it's a library at our fingertips!

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Living in the future? I was going to do that tomorrow.

Anyway, I've got your flying cars right here!

the guy hosting the show never fails to amuse me

Posted at

lol, Kristen. Everyone's deeply discussing societal problems caused by technology and you're sitting there going "wtf? It's not the future! It's the present! D:"

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

ha ha ha ha you noobs are STILL living in the present?
oh that was so yesterday.<3
get a time machine already.

Roguehill
Roguehill
Posted at

….

What was wrong with the present?

seanh
seanh
Posted at

Many (most?, all?) of our technologies rely on petroleum-based products. What happens when we run out of oil? This will happen eventually because oil is a nonrenewable resource. Point is, we have come to rely almost completely on our technologies. If a worldwide panic occurred, could the whole thing come crashing down on our heads? Hm, maybe I should start going to Renaissance fairs to prepare for the future.

marine
marine
Posted at

Many (most?, all?) of our technologies rely on petroleum-based products. What happens when we run out of oil? This will happen eventually because oil

We burn people, or synthetic oil.

seanh
seanh
Posted at

Cool! Let's get on it. I mean the synthetic oil thing.

marine
marine
Posted at

Cool! Let's get on it. I mean the synthetic oil thing.

soylant petrol is people!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'm living in the past, but I'm in YOUR future -since I'm about 12 hours ahead of most of you- that means none of you are in the future!

Hahahahaha! :P

Posted at

I'm living in the past, but I'm in YOUR future -since I'm about 12 hours ahead of most of you- that means none of you are in the future!

Hahahahaha! :P

Touche

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I just got back from Disney World, and I gotta say, they had some pretty awesome future ideas. When are we going to get THAT future?

Posted at

I just got back from Disney World, and I gotta say, they had some pretty awesome future ideas. When are we going to get THAT future?
there's one in the futureland at disney world where it's like a vicious alien somehow breaks out of its cage and wreaks havoc on the audience.
IS THAT THE FUTURE YOU WANT, ALEXIS?
PEOPLE-EATING ALIENS?!?!

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

Well.. Hmm… There's always a postive side to the techology we have. Information gets around easily, therefore it helps advances medical knowlege, techology devlopmental, and so on. We get faster replies, lives get saved, yadda, yadda.

Other thing to think about. What about people who have disablity and therefore have difficutly in communicating? I can vouch for that. Text messaging, TDD, and internet is a blessing.

The way I SEE it. Its us, who are abusing the use of what we have that result in this social problem. Techology isnt the source of the problem, People are. It is merely the tools that we use to any ends.

*coughlikeworlddominationcough*

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.