Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
lba
lba
Posted at

1. How often do you exercise? How long is each session, etc.?

Not at all. I don't actually work out. My main goal is to lose the weight and build up the endurance I used to have, I have plenty enough muscle on me.

2. How much weight do you plan to lose?

About 10 pounds. I want to get down to my optimal 200. I used to be there about 2 years ago when I did more outdoor sports and actively played airsoft.

3. How much have you lost?

25 pounds.

4. Are there any words of wisdom you can give us as far as things that do and don't work?

Stop eating like you normally do. One slice of pizza instead of three. cut your food intake at each meal by half. You'll hate it at first but once you get past the first couple days you realize you just don't need to eat like you did before. It's worked for me so far.

5. What's your motivation to lose?

I'd just like to get back to the level of fitness I was at. It bugs me that I can't do a 20 to 30 mile day hike with my backpack loaded any more.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

i usually walk everywhere. This is usually against my will but hey it's excersize.
it varies from day to day. but at the very least 30 an hour walking around.

10 lbs

20lbs

4. Are there any words of wisdom you can give us as far as things that do and don't work?
Fast food is my enemy. Actually all food is, I never have time to eat anymore. I'm so busy…. I never get those bored cravings.

…Nothing really. i guess it might be fun to surprise everyone by looking hott & smexy.I also heard the better and younger you look the easier it is for you to get hired…

Overall i have a pretty self destructive lifestyle. I alternate sleeping habits from 2hrs a night to 10hrs. i'll eat whatever i can get my hands on that day…or maybe i just will skip altogether. I'm prolly losing weight for bad reasons, but meh…i'm not too worried about it. 'cause soon i'll get to get me a whole new wardrobe ;)

Randal
Randal
Posted at

The best bet of meat IMO is Halal meat. It tastes better too.

If there isn't a large Muslim community near you, don't kill yourself looking for Halal grade meat. It's the Muslim equivalent of Kosher, and it's been my experience that Kosher deli's are easier to find. They also have Kosher products more readily available at grocery stores than Halal… At least here in the States, that is…

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

Never, ever, ever. Too many people die or suffer serious injury while exercising. Exercise is bad for you!

None. Although I'm hardly overweight, so it's a bit of a non-issue for me. Sorry, guys!

None. I've been pretty stable for most of my adult life. Yeah, I know - you hate me!

Eat less. Seriously - that's not meant to be facetious! Based on everything I've seen of people who are trying to lose weight, you can forget the designer diets. At best, any benefit is temporary. Just eat a bit of everything, but less than you do now.

Oh, and sex is meant to help. No idea if it really works but it's more fun than eating a bowl of fruit-and-fibre while pounding away on a treadmill, right?

Anyway … I think I've still got one more Christmas pudding left in the cupboard …!

Posted at

Well, I make sure to get out and run on the weekends, and I try during the week, too… but usually I don't get around to it. I usually run for about an hour each time.

Well… I'd like to lose about 20 pounds, but as long as I don't get any heavier, I suppose that's fine too.

Not really keeping track. Pretty much stayed the same.

I agree with the guy who says don't blame it on your lack of self control. Nobody likes a whiner.

Uh… I'm getting fat?

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Five days a week - 90 minutes. 60 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes on weights.

40 more pounds

75 pounds since late 2006 - nice to be back to my high school football weight…would like to get back down to my college soccer weight and then some!

Stop drinking sodas - haven't had a soda since 2005…been drinking water - LOTS of water. 200 ounces a day. Green tea while I draw - nice detox!

What doesn't work? Giving up! Also, don't stay in a routine, push the envelope each time!

Oh yes, discipline yourself and mix up your workouts daily - fool your body.

The 300. No kidding - everytime I watch that movie, I just want to hit the gym EVEN when I've already hit it!

It's amazing how cool it is when people notice your results. The kudos alone are great. Being healthy and having energy to conquer big things (Like the LA Marathon) are even cooler!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Whoo! Good on ya man ^^

I would like to have some abdominal muscles worth looking at on my boring stomach. I'm trying 200 situps and 100 pushups a day. -routine…

Doing that for a month as given tone, but not much definition yet. Getting there possibly, but it's slow. -_-

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

=3= I pretty much stay the same no matter what.

Posted at

While I don't NEED to lose weight now, I know that I should start looking at it again cause I seem to be gaining again. I have been a bit overweight most of my life and only few years ago, when I had a financial crisis so severe that for about a month I had one meal every 2-3 days, I dropped in weight from slightly round (probably around 200 pounds) to "nearly skeleton".

Managed to keep the weight low, until the nearest christmas that is, haha.

I've noticed an interesting thing. I can eat A LOT of icecream and not gain weight, but drinking soda fattens me fast… especially the aspartame sweetened ones (the supposedly DIET ones, heh).

Basically what I know that works… drink a lot (water, tea, juices), eat often but in very small amounts (so that you're never full to the brim but also your body isn't hungry… cause if you starve yourself, the next big meal will go straight to the fat reserves), also eat as varied food as possible and never a lot of the same thing.

Also I've read somewhere that any sort of aerobic exercise starts burning fat after abut half hour, before that it's nearly exclusively carbohydrates that get burned… and after an hour or so it's mostly fat that's burned. Also, sweating doesn't make you thinner, you just lose water which you'll be replenishing anyway.

I'll be returning to my "jump along to music for an hour" exercise sooner or later, preferably before my pants get too tight :D

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I do landscaping work, and a stand up job. Thats enough exercise for me.

Possibly 5 pounds.

Wouldn't know, we don't own a scale.

Don't stare at yourself and point at all the negative bits about you. Instead, look at all the good bits about your body.

THIGH FAT.

Posted at

7 days a week. Usually 15 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weight lifting. I run about 1-2 miles, plus I'm a non driver so I walk, bike, or ride the bus everywhere!

I'd like to lose about 15-20 pounds ^_^

like 2 -_-

Restrictive diets lead to binging!

I've put on 20 pounds since I moved to LA 2 years ago, I wear a 34 DD, no it's BOOO becuase I'm also training to run a 10K in august and it's "painful" to run

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I play soccer about 3-4 times a week, which is about 2 hours a practice/game. Random workouts once or twice a week.

I just want to maintain.

I think i've either gained 2 lbs or lost 2 lbs. It fluctuates all the time.

Its easier to lose weight if you do something thats…enjoyable. Sports. It doesnt matter if you suck, Its a lot more fun to play games and lose weight than to work out in a gym. My opinion, of course.

well, i want to maintain, for me. Some old lady approached me and asked if i was *ahem* anorexic. :( i just want to stay my weight i am now.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Some old lady approached me and asked if i was *ahem* anorexic.
You have to watch for that. Anorexic is a disgusting look, if someone's asking you about it, that's a danger sign–> bulk up a little.

I exercise only to add to my frame, not take away ^_^

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Some old lady approached me and asked if i was *ahem* anorexic.
You have to watch for that. Anorexic is a disgusting look, if someone's asking you about it, that's a danger sign–> bulk up a little.

I exercise only to add to my frame, not take away ^_^

:) its all good.

I shall attempt to gain!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.