Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What are you trying to avoid thinking of or not worry about as of now?

alexcat321
alexcat321
Posted at

Yeah, What are you trying to avoid thinking of or not worry about as of now? I ask this because I have tons of things coming up that I'm trying not to think of even though they are very important such as finals, choosing a college to go to, and some other school homework. Life sucks and I hope that things will lighten up even though I'm avoiding what I should not be. So, back to the question of What are you trying to avoid thinking of or not worry about as of now?

John Jr.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

For me persoanlly, the girl I've been seeing for the last 6 months or so just ditched me for reasons unknown (or at best only vaguely suggested) and it's bothering me.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I try to avoid thinking of the state of the world and the direction of global enslavement we're heading towards.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

We're already enslaved! You're not nearly cynical enough!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Well, I guess exams. I haven't been worrying about those but if I start thinking about them I will.
And a dying friendship.

Posted at

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my great grandmother in the hospital, and it might be the last time I ever see her. She's stopped eating, stopped sleeping, stopped talking…she just doesn't want to go on…and it hurts to think about.

Posted at

Trying not to think about relationships, actually. The person I've been trying to see for the last…sixteen months…I'm getting the strong notion they don't swing my way.

And before someone says "After sixteen months, what was your first clue?" I just have to say that taking time was voluntary. I decided for once to try it slow, start as friends, and go up from there. I just feel I've hit a rock wall now.

Also, I'm definitely trying to forget that our AC is broken and my fan doesn't work, leaving me here in an over-heated house with too much humidity and a too-furry dog that likes to curl up against me or in my lap just to make the problem worse.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my great grandmother in the hospital, and it might be the last time I ever see her. She's stopped eating, stopped sleeping, stopped talking…she just doesn't want to go on…and it hurts to think about.
You have my deepest sympathies, as someone who's been there twice already.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I wish I could do so, but I want to push all my bills out of the back of my mind. Too much to pay…. ugh…

On the bright side, while I have to pay a lot of guys named Bill, I don't have to pay their sister… Rent.

Ugh… the memories… Well, all I can say is to cherish the memories you have with her. I hope she's had a full and happy life, and the best way to go is with family and friends around you.

Posted at

At the moment, thinking at all will probably lead me to suicide.

These aren't good times for anyone, are they?

Posted at

I'm trying to avoid thinking about how if I don't find a job then we won't be able to pay rent.

My Hum 2 grade. If I get a D it will bring down my whole GPA and I'll have to make it up.

The fact that I don't have any relationships.

The poison oak on my elbows(How the hell did I just get it on my elbows?).

Also if I try to move out my mom won't be able to pay bills.

Dang IT! You've made me think about them! Your a sick, SICK PERSON!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I don't really 'avoid' worrying i just let do it , which is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum but eh.

And jesus christ that's awful disgruntleddrm :/ It's painful as hell when a loved one doesn't think they're needed anymore.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

For once I've not really got much to worry about anymore.

…But that doesn't mean everything is perfect. Life with worry isn't always pleasant, but it helps you to be more creative. Helped me anyway.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

120 elementary school students coming to the park tomorrow. I have to present an educational nature program (we're going to the creek).

It will be my first time working with a school group and my first time presenting a nature program. The park has only 4 employees. God help us.

Posted at

Usually I'd be worried about exams. But, my classes are all for idiots. Because my school stuck me in them thinking I just wanted the general subject. There's a reason why I asked for Grade Eleven College level. But no. My school is a retarded catholic school. I'm not even catholic!

I put in an application for a job. I don't want to worry about it because that'll just make me depressed.

Posted at

My future. How I'm going to be able to get the job I want, and how I'm going to live.

School. Exams, and just certain things like my grades.

Relationships. Trying to get the right girl, and making sure she's not fake like most are.

And going to my Uncle's house, whom I don't really like, because he's rich and snobby.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

1. Moving back home to New Orleans without first having a job, place to stay, or any money saved up.

2. Spending the rest of my life with someone with whom I share almost no common interests, and hate half the time. And go ahead and add the frustration of having sex with the same person forever. Ick.

3. My low self-confidence and inability to connect on any kind of emotional level with other human beings.

4. Being able to afford my medicine, as well as the efficacy of that medicine.

5. Having $15,000 of debt and no career prospects other than "live hand-to-mouth doin' like, whatever".

6. Running out of booze, which helps considerably in the not worrying about the above.

Thomas514
Thomas514
Posted at

I'm going to go ahead and throw something in here that seems trite in light of everyone else's problems, but for the next 5 hours I am going to try and avoid thinking about the large freelance project I have yet to finish after having had the job for about a month. I need to get it done in the next couple of days or I may be out the cash. Also, I have a freelance website gig that I have not yet started and need to finish SOON.

As for some advice to others (I know, you didn't ask) if you are young life will get better, don't seem like it, but it will. And about girl problems, just move on there are other chicks out there :)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

And going to my Uncle's house, whom I don't really like, because he's rich and snobby.

Steal some expensive-looking stuff from his house. :D
Seriously though, relatives are the worst(in my experience). I can't even count the amount of times I faked sick to get out of spending time with my grandpa. He's a horrible person, and he cooks ridiculously gross food.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Work.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.