Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

umm… I had a Strawberry Starburst that someone gave me. I probably won't eat anymore till tomorrow sometime, maybe. I don't generally eat breakfast unless it's sitting in front of me and I can't avoid it :P

It's pretty unhealthy to skip meals. And from the sound of it, your skipping all your meals! You're going to screw up your metabolism! Be forwarned!

Posted at

Same thing I have every work day, three hardboiled eggs.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

A handful of horrible tasting medicine.

Posted at

I still don't eat breakfast, but I did buy a lot of breakfast-type food at the store. Got some more oatmeal, some waffles, and finally, Grits.

This brings me to a question I think I've asked someone before but I don't remember: Do people from Northern areas of the country know what Grits are? And if so, do they have them at your local grocery store?

Posted at

i thought grits was something racist because my friend used to yell it at black people when he was drunk and they'd tell him they were going to beat the crap out of him if he didn't shut up.

like: hey~ hey you guys got any GRIIITS?!
black people: shut the fuck up before I beat your ass~

anyway, what is it?

Posted at

In that context it is racist. Grits are something they used to make slaves eat. In the modern times they are just one of the many really strange things southern people eat. Of course they're the only strange thing I eat. They're quite tasty.

Knuckles
Knuckles
Posted at

LOL I love grits, especially with butter and lots of salt and pepper. :O Yes, they have them up north and definiely down south. It's not just a stereotypical Black person thing, though. It's like, everywhere you go, they have them. Like at IHOP or breakfast buffets and things.
I like to eat mine when the're cooled off and clumped together LOL

Posted at

I think I had grits once. Isn't it kinda like oatmeal? Although I may be wayyyy off here.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Guitar Hero 2.
If I had spent the time I did to beat it on expert in 8 hours on learning real songs then maybe i'dve eaten breakfast and enjoyed it.

Posted at

i like grits…and im not black. but i live in the south.

it's not a race thing, it is what was abundant during those times in the south. Just like spices in india…just because you eat spices doesn't mean you have to be indian.

Posted at

Guitar Hero 2.
If I had spent the time I did to beat it on expert in 8 hours on learning real songs then maybe i'dve eaten breakfast and enjoyed it.

you beat it on expert!? Grr!! I'm on hard mode of the original guitar hero. you must have crazy fingers.

Posted at

Isn't it kinda like oatmeal?

Yeah, but mushier.

i like grits…and im not black. but i live in the south.

it's not a race thing, it is what was abundant during those times in the south.

It's not a race thing now (I am also not black), but Grits were one of the foods that Slaves ate. At least that's what I learned in history class.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.