Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
br4nzilla
br4nzilla
Posted at

I listen to Elton John's Road to El Dorado album, the Beatles, or the Garden State OST. … Or I watch something silly like Napoleon Dynamite.

If I'm reeally serious about what I'm doing, I spend a few hours at the library, isolating myself and scattering books all over this big table with my bigass headphones on. Ah, bliss.

Posted at

heh, i like to bash my head on the talble abit…strum my guitar and then listion to some music as i FINALLY get round to making the actual comic

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I have to be listening to music and it never matters what I listen to. I could be doing an incredible depressing song and the page is supposed to be light-hearted. A few other times I'll have a snack bar with me and eat it while I work

KamiDaHobo
KamiDaHobo
Posted at

I definitely listen to music. Otherwise, I simply can't concentrate.

I always get better results if it's a song that inspired me to write/draw the part of the story I'm working on. Gets me into the swing of things, and is very soothing.

And eating.

Because eating is delicious.

taltamir
taltamir
Posted at

my answer would not be work/child safe :P…

seriously though, I just draw when I draw… Music and the like is to occupy your mind so it doesn't get full of nasty things like thoughts…
But when I create art my mind is full of the art, I get swalled in work and not in my surrounding… then again, I don't draw comics but the occasional work of art, so I guess there is alot less of tedious (color/pen the existing drawing") and alot more focus (what am I gonna add to it next)

Posted at

I listen to Smooth Jazz…But If I need intense mood, I listen to music related to all my works to build up the mood:
For " The Arboreal Fortress" I listen to Soothing New Age Music or to Michael Franks.
For " The Haunters" I listen to Barenaked Ladies
For " Further Adventures of Voltes V" I listen to Horrie Mitsuko and the Voltes V soundtrack
For " The Basement " Tone down smooth jazz will do.
For " Super Bikini Girls" I listen to Kawaii Radio (Anime Music)
For "Warrior Girl Halihana" I listen to OPM (Original Filipino Music)

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

listen to music mostly, i like using pandora for that… panic a little… walk around a lot

stop every 10 minutes to doodles random stuff completely unrelated to anything…

AlceX
AlceX
Posted at

I usually listen to one song on infinite loop (having lots of diferent songs disconcentrates me). I do change it after a while though. Having a cup of something to drink also helps. Coffee mostly, but sometimes I'm happy with just a cup of tap water.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

listen to music usually or watch things I've seen before.
Music of choice for creating is usual film scores or even game soundtracks mostly instrumental stuff.

RPGgrenade
RPGgrenade
Posted at

I listen to hilarious stand up comedians or other things that have to do with comedy that I've heard and seen several times before. the funny makes me laugh, then i draw more i guess.

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

I tend to listen to music, watch TV, whatever I tend to find in the vacinity of my work lol.  Although lately, I do my work… well at work (I have a free work environment at times), so I guess it would be listening to the occassional radio chatter hehe.

KittenXaos
KittenXaos
Posted at

I drink a lot of tea while drawing.
There's usually music and I like to have a scented candle or something burning. The scent of my workspace is very important to me.

Wing Eye
Wing Eye
Posted at

When I first started drawing my comic I would draw while I worked at a call center (that's actually why I started my comic: simply because I was bored and needed something to do) now that I lost that job, I always draw with background noise, usually tv, sometimes music.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

I listen to music, mostly old school rap. Oh and procrastinating, a lot of procrastinating :)

Mr_Henry
Mr_Henry
Posted at

Armagedon wrote:
I tend to listen to music, watch TV, whatever I tend to find in the vacinity of my work lol.  Although lately, I do my work… well at work (I have a free work environment at times), so I guess it would be listening to the occassional radio chatter hehe.

Hey another person who works at… work. Nowadays it's my preferred way of getting some drawing done. The guard booth makes a pretty good temp. studio at times.

Anubis
Anubis
Posted at

I listen to The Goon Show! (Oh celestia I am so showing my age)

Epico
Epico
Posted at

I put my fedora hat on, listen to heavy metal, and concentrate the raw, awesome, guitar bending music into a beam of pure epic power that I fire onto paper to create my comic.

Then I wake up and start drawing  XD

SirMWK
SirMWK
Posted at

I usually wait until around 4:00am so I can focus without people bothering me. Sometimes I've got music on, but most of the time it's just me, my tablet and a cigarette.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Lately I've been hopping onto YouTube and putting on some MineCraft Let's Plays.  It's bizarrely soothing, and it helped me get through 20 buffer strips in a week.

Posted at

I got this nice little cofee shop I go to that's connected to my library. I take a half an hour walk up there, order 1 or 2 Spiced Chai Lates, listen, to some tunes and draw for about six hours. It's real soothing just being so letting the music sink in the smell of cofee gently wafting in the air and the taste of warm chai on my tongue as I crank out a couple pages.

Posted at

It depends on where I'm at. I'm a bartender by day so on slow days i usually have my drawing pad up at the bar and try and throw some stuff down on paper. If im at the crib I'm usually in the living room with netflix on a Frasier or Wonder Years marathon going or something like that. I love to laugh and get distracted here and there. If im back in the studio drawing my more serious comic book stuff I'm listening to music, espn radio, or old star wars books on tape. If it's really late, my boy in guam is a radio dj and they broadcast on the net so i try to listen to him.

darrell
darrell
Posted at

I typically have the TV on in the background (hockey, the history channel, MuchMusic, or whatever else I can stand listening to). If there's nothing on then I may throw in a movie, but only ones I know so well that I don't even have to watch (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Serenity, or the recent Marvel movies). If all else fails I'll put on some music, really cheesy pop music seems to work for me when I'm drawing for some reason.

LadyLara
LadyLara
Posted at

I listen to music, of course. It's not too different from what I see others do but t helps.

Tabasco
Tabasco
Posted at

I drink: Coffee
Listen to: music or a podcast
And if I am working on a concept and not figuring out any problems with a drawing I try to find a quite place to do it.

lenoir85
lenoir85
Posted at

like everyone else, music. lots of it. usually the repetitive kind (house, dnb, etc.) which keeps me zoned in. hard to get out of it though when i'm done. o.O

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.