Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
RDraconis
RDraconis
Posted at

In terms of computers, what do you use? Personally I use a mac laptop, an iBook G4.

I'm really just curious if there's about an even of all of them- or mostly one or another.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

A white box- a home built PC.

3 GHz P4 processor
nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
1 GB RAM

All running on a pirated copy of Windows XP. :D

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

A top of the line computer!

…back in 2002. >_>

Aereis
Aereis
Posted at

HP Pavillion Media Center…bought it last year. Tis my baby :)

marine
marine
Posted at

I have a 98 gateway. It didn't want to play Doom 3 until I tweaked the settings.

ceb_dyson
ceb_dyson
Posted at

I have a costum built comp named Drake. My best friend says it's huge, but I think he's normal sized….

Anywho! I have a windows XP program that my dad let me use. I don't know what exactly is in my comp since my dad is the one who takes me ta buy the stuff and then he installs them for me…eheh

I do know the programs I use on Drake, though. I use Adobe Photoshop CS2, I also have the other Adobe programs, but I don't use them. I have a Ragnarok Online server, a Tales of Pirates mmorpg, and a ZSNES emulator. I have the standard messengers, and lots of music that I listen to while doin stuff. Of course, there is also Microsoft Office, courtesy of my father.

That's basically what all I use.

Anything that deals with the outside of a computer…yeah, that goes over me head. Eheheh, sorry! All I know is that I have some of the good stuff in Drake and he's a happy camper. I love my Drake, yes I do!

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

some old clunker from around 2000, and not even good in its day. It's big enough to kill a bus load of children if dropped upon them. I know. I tested it.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

I just use a PC. It is fast enough to run PS CS2 and a few other programs at the same time. That is all I need. The only thing I wish….I wish it shot lasers

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

My PC is custom-built and I bought it on eBay (woohoo!) a couple of years ago. I've since upgraded it numerous times. It's current name is Kino (it changes every time a hard drive dies). So currently, Kino has the following:

3 Ghz Intel Prescott processor
1 GB DDR RAM
120 GB Seagate hard drive
256 MB Nvidia video card
Windows XP
Paint Shop Pro 6 and 9
19" LCD monitor

I bought a Dell laptop a few months ago and use it equally now.
I named it Chi.

Chi has:
1.6 Ghz Intel duocore (not duocore2, sorry)
2 GB DDR2 RAM
80 GB hard drive
256 MB Nvidia Go video card
Windows Vista Premium
Paint Shop Pro 9
15.4" glossy lcd screen

FAL
FAL
Posted at

For drawing my comic I use an iMac G5 20".

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

A calculator taped to a black and white TV, a typewriter, and a blackboard! My power is ANALOGUE!

ceb_dyson
ceb_dyson
Posted at

My college happens ta have a few Mac comps around campus. I've caught people taking advantage of the fact that it's got messenger and a cam, thankfully no one's gone too far with the cams yet.

Anywho! Are Mac's good fer drawing? Cause on my attempt ta understand those comps, I located a webcomicing program that seemed like it'd be good ta use.

Oh, and OZ, GO ANALOGUE!!!

RDraconis
RDraconis
Posted at

My college happens ta have a few Mac comps around campus. I've caught people taking advantage of the fact that it's got messenger and a cam, thankfully no one's gone too far with the cams yet.

Anywho! Are Mac's good fer drawing? Cause on my attempt ta understand those comps, I located a webcomicing program that seemed like it'd be good ta use.

Oh, and OZ, GO ANALOGUE!!!

Macs are generally considered an artist's computer (but, if you're a gamer, this might not be your best bet). they have a bunch of screen settings and stuff- and they're really user-friendly. It's the only thing I use. I used Photoshop Elements on mom's PC, but I didn't like it as much.

Posted at

I have a Macintosh G5, an ancient old monitor that needs to be replaced, and a wacom tablet.

I wont bore you all with my "Macs are best" evangelicalism. But I used to do computer service for Macs and a variety of PCs - and I formed strong opinions.

BUt sheesh, I would really like a new monitor! Nowadays, they make em all flat and purty. But I cant yet afford one big enough to make it worth doing.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Nothing special here. A Dell laptop and a Dell PC at times with my Wacom tablet.

Posted at

A.. desktop PC. I don't know what it is, it's custom built and I didn't build it. It's getting up there in the years and it's not quite as fast as it used to be, though. =p

snark
snark
Posted at

An old laptop, though I'm thinking of making the switch to a Mac soon

gigafelz
gigafelz
Posted at

15 inch PowerBook G4. It's pretty fast, I could check the specs with a click but I'm not going to.

Currently for my drawing I use whatever the newest version of photoshop is with a 5X4 (or is it 4X5?) wacom tablet… its small but I'm poor :(

Posted at

A really old Hewlett Packard, I hate it and I think the feelings mutual.

herio
herio
Posted at

and old mac i love it

joeychips
joeychips
Posted at

A Compaq PC from 2006 running Windows XP. I have been drawing mostly by hand this year.

Posted at

I use a macbook, or my parents Virus infested Dell for internet usage since we have no wi fi T-T

suzi
suzi
Posted at

My laptop is a Compaq Presario C300 series from last year, 1.7 Ghz, 500MB RAM, effective 64GB HD. Widescreen, which I adore. I <3 this little guy :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.