Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What your thoughts on the subject fellow users on The Duck?

Posted at

I think leaving the DD because they want to turn it into an archive or something (or even remove it) is a bit over the top.

I wouldn't leave, actually. I'd just not post in the forums anymore. The TD is what makes the forums fun for me, but I'd still post/read comics.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

If the TD was to be removed, you wouldn't see my name in the forums very often anymore. I was kinda glad the TD exists, because a thread like he TD spam thread would be locked within minutes in GD, which would be too bad, because it's hilarious. TD is like the playground of the forums, as opposed to the school that is the rest. You can do fun stuff at the playgrounds without getting in trouble for it, but when you pull that tuff at school, you get warned and/or banned.
So I'd think it to be too bad if the TD were to be locked, since the forums will be a little less fun to me.

Posted at

Why not just splurge for your own forum elsewhere? Forum software is pretty easy to find and install, so then you could do whatever you wish.

As for TD, it's not exactly my thing, but it seems it means a lot to other folks, I think leaving the DD because they want to turn it into an archive or something (or even remove it) is a bit over the top.

I don't have a comic, so the forums are the only reason for me to hang around.

TD is like a place to vent and have some fun, it gets me in the right mood to post in other sections as well. Before I started posting in TD I could never be bothered to see what was going on in the other sections at all.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Sigh, you guys and your silly internet drama.

Here's the truth. Volte never said he was closing the section. In fact, all he said was that he might close might one day it becomes to serious. It didn't mean "LOL LOCK IMMINENT" and I'm sure if it did close, they announce it a few weeks or days before.

The problem is you guys. You make this forum out to be some sort of sacred grounds. They aren't. No matter what you say or how you put it. It's an undeniable truth that the Top Drawer is merely a junk section. Sure, What the Heck and Forum Games are junk sections as well, but those were created for some purpose. (Forums Games, to remove all thread games from the Games section and What The Hell, well, I don't know.)

The Top Drawer, it was just created as a storage. A place to put stuff not needed in any other section. Hence the name Top Drawer. Yeah, imagine stuff on your desk. Where do you put stuff that's on your desk that you don't want to see? In the Top Drawer.

Somehow, along the way it became a section with it's own rules and defined militia. How? Don't ask me. It just happened for some reason that not one can explain. (You'll have to think with Portals to solve that mystery.) That said, I like the Top Drawer. Sometimes fun discussion pops up and sometimes thoughtful provoking statements appear.

It's unlike the wasteland that is Forum Games where everything is throwaway and it's pretty much everything What The Heck wants to be but really can't seem to accomplish since it's like someone mashed Forum Games and the Top Drawer and expected something to come of it. It's sometimes fun to post in the Top Drawer but seriously, you guys take everything way to serious.

Some saying that they'll leave if it closes. I ask you, people leave from any site all the time. Do you think your leaving is gonna change anything and for that matter, do you think anyone would really care? That said, I think you guys are all being to serious. Now, please allow me to bash m head on the desk.

Posted at

Do you think your leaving is gonna change anything and for that matter, do you think anyone would really care?

No, actually…

I'll just have nothing to entertain myself with on the forums.

Posted at

Some saying that they'll leave if it closes. I ask you, people leave from any site all the time. Do you think your leaving is gonna change anything and for that matter, do you think anyone would really care? That said, I think you guys are all being to serious. Now, please allow me to bash m head on the desk.

I don't expect people to care and I'm not saying that I would leave to change anyone's mind. I was just casually pointing out that if, if the Top Drawer were to be locked, I would have no desire to post on the forums anymore. I don't care that no one would care, because I wouldn't be around for it to bother me.

Anyway, overreacting to events of piddling importance is fun.

Posted at

I took a quiz by Shplane and found out im not TD compatable and I aint been back since. Honestly

Posted at

I took a quiz by Shplane
The fact that you listened to a quiz by Shplane makes you automatically fail.

Posted at

That was a joke man. I jes didn't go back cuz I was uninterested lol.

marine
marine
Posted at

This thread makes me laugh out loud.

I know for April Fools, I'd close the top drawer down just to hear you guys whine about your beloved nonsense forum. I'm laughing and laughing.

Of course, I can't laugh because this isn't funny. The top drawer needs to be closed immediatly, as it brings nothing to the table.

Sort of like all those "plug your comic, but say something nice about someone elses first" threads in comic discussion. But no one wants to complain because its a nice way to plug your comics. When I started noticing other people try to plug their comics like I used to plug mine, I stopped doing it.

You've got to learn which dead horse jokes to beat and when to move on. Comedy is about timing fellas. You're all a dog with its head stuck in a flower pot.

Posted at

As said 100 times before, if it weren't for the TD, I would have no interest in the forums. I know it was never supposed to be a real forum, but it became one.

Also: the regular posters on it became a sort of "family". We all go there to entertain each other, sure our humor is a little brash and in-your-face at times, but it's just the way we are. A lot of us post there because we know we would get in trouble for most of the shit we do, in other forums.

I can see where Volte is coming from, but I don't see how TD is hurting the site any, actually, if we couldn't go there anymore, the rest of the forums would probably go to hell.

[/rant]

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

holy ror, when did volte ever say he WAS going to close that section?

He made a passing mention as to what it was supposed to be. First there was the massive debates over this, then Terminal set the record straight, then more debates, and then Marine followed up with basically what Terminal said, and then MORE DEBATES.

this thread is filled with more comedy gold than any other thread on DD ever. So yeah, Volte should close it because what would follow would be just one hell of an epic hissy.

Posted at

Wow, you're pretty high and mighty today Mr. Creator of something called something like penis.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

You're all a dog with its head stuck in a flower pot.

THAT'S A PUPPY IN FLOWER POT ISN'T IT!?!

*GRINDS TEETH!*

Posted at

Actually that's not a pupy with its head stuck in a flower pot. It's the rare plant Puppydill. Their fruits smell aweful but taste yummy.

Posted at

As said 100 times before, if it weren't for the TD, I would have no interest in the forums. I know it was never supposed to be a real forum, but it became one.

Also: the regular posters on it became a sort of "family". We all go there to entertain each other, sure our humor is a little brash and in-your-face at times, but it's just the way we are. A lot of us post there because we know we would get in trouble for most of the shit we do, in other forums.

I can see where Volte is coming from, but I don't see how TD is hurting the site any, actually, if we couldn't go there anymore, the rest of the forums would probably go to hell.

[/rant]

[/agreement]

Also, the quiz was a joke. None of it was serious. At all.

Posted at

I don't honestly not go cuz I failed the quiz! Settle down crackers this aint a rally! I meant that as a joke. Jeez.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.