Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Any thing we can do to help the Duck come back?
Donations, volunteering, anything of that sort?

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Woohoo! Da forum is back!

Hmm… first thing of course, we need a programmer. :D

blu
blu
Posted at

ooo, i haven't had to register for these forums in three and a half years.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Let me echo hpk…. Can we do anything to help?

Cookie
Cookie
Posted at

I don't think there's much I could do to help, seeing as I'm not a programmer and I have no money to donate, but at the very least, you have my mental support. :)

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I have a decent computer so if that could help let me know. My comic was hoste on here to and I would love to start it back up.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I think I can help 8) I know some html and I can can put some ads at www.precracked.se (my site) If you want to :D ?

Levk
Levk
Posted at

Well sorry to hear about DD >< Wish it comes back up :) I am sure i cannot do anything but atleast when it comes back up I will be one of the first to rejoin DD :) DD been going thur alot of problems but I am sure this is good as well, since it clears all the dead comics at the same time ^_^ always a bright side to every bad thing just gotta look for it. I am sure it will be back up in no time GL and anything i can do just ask :)

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I'm with DD all the way. Not sure that helps anything much but, I'm with DD all the way.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Well, honestly i'm pretty demoralized right now, and don't really have any big plans.

I like to think i'll get a boost of energy and inspiration and suddenly take to remaking the site in some form. We'll see though…

However, what should drunkduck be in this next incarnation? I'm not sure that it will be the same thing, although it CAN be webcomic related.

Anyhow, creativity is what you webcomic'ers are good at, so give me some creative ideas :D maybe we can vote on the best ones.

And to those who somehow managed to hunt down my gmail email address and send support emails, thanks :)

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

We shalt support thee, drunkduck!

United we shalt stand, DD shalt reign again over any webcomic hosting site on the net!

:twisted: Anyway, DD is my favorite site because it's a nice place for webcomics and friends.

But for sure, once it is up again, I will support by joining in the site to make the force bigger!

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

However, what should drunkduck be in this next incarnation? I'm not sure that it will be the same thing, although it CAN be webcomic related.

EDIT: Ehm….well, I'd still like to be able to post comics and recieve comments. Perhaps it can be set up a bit differently….like ALMOST a blog. Hard to explain…
….this is probably the wrong place to put this post.

Hey, where are the avatars?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hmm, I thought DD was pretty cool in its last incarnation, and even cooler till just before the end… So I don't have any new ideas except Sarah's gallery thing.

I'd like to help if I can. I haven't done any programming in PHP for 2 or 3 years, but I think I can pick it up again. My HTML is fine though.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

Hey, where are the avatars?

Remote linked avatars enabled.

Fyrsiel
Fyrsiel
Posted at

Wow, the insanity…. What I hated the most about Drunkduck tripping down the stairs is that I could not read *ALL* of those really awesome comics I'd found, anymore…

If the Duck does stumble back onto his feet again, it wouldn't be a problem for me to re-upload pages…

But all of that work, man… it's horrible… The work that you guys had done was so great. Drunkduck was a really awesome place and I was very glad to have it shown to me. So if it can still be here, I won't leave it…!

Whatever new project comes of this, I agree that uploading comics and having immediate comments are what made it so characteristic. (This is the first time I've been to a webcomic hosting site that allowed reviews) To be able to get immediate feedback on every single page was really great and even dependable.

It's nice to see some old faces again. I was worried that I'd never get to talk to you people again. TT__TT

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

There pretty much nothing I can do. I`m pretty much worthless.

But I will say. DrunkDuck is pretty powerful, It has stood the test of time, it crashed before, sometimes pretty bad. But it`s never lost it self, With all it changes it`s never lost it`s personality. Even though it got pretty big, it always felt small. Not like Comic Genesis.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

The unfortunate thing is, now that we know it's not a public free comic host anymore, I get all these ideas that I think would be awesome. I guess it's just hard for me to let go of the old Duck… especially when I really do need a host and the alternatives just don't seem enticing.

Volte, I'm sure this is just one of the many things you've already thought of, but given your understandable lack of motivation, what if we hired another programmer to build a new Drunk Duck? If Drunk Duck were to take donations, would this be possible?

I've seen other websites troubled with dead servers take donations and get things fixed… and they had less patronage than Drunk Duck does.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Well the idea of an open development might work…

Slashk45
Slashk45
Posted at

What about the comics linked to buzzcomix? What is going to happen to them?

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Hey Fyresiel! Good to see you here. Too bad your site is a geocities one…ugh, the pop ups and ads…

www.freewebs.com works much better.

Posted at

If there's a way I can help, then just holler and I'll do the best I can. :)

And I agree with the others about the commenting system. It was one of the most popular features on DD and attracted even artists who already have a site to post on DD. I know you said you don't want to consider hosting at the moment so maybe one of us can think of a way to have a commenting system but at the same time not host any comics.

.: Black Kitty :.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

WE CAN REBUILD THE FORUM… WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

This is great. From the diaspora following DD, we can now at least band together and figure out where to go from here. And these forums are sweet. We can make them BETTER THAN THEY WERE BEFORE. BETTER. STRONGER. FASTER. Fssschschschschschsch!!!

That was…

That was the bionic sound.

~IJ

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Volte, if you are considering open development, I'd like to help out is some way, I know a little php, though I'm more of a designer anyway.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

well, this site is like embedded in my internet surfing system already, and it sucks that its currently dead, the people composing this community are great, not like any other site i frequent to. I hope DD gets reincarnated, id be sitting there on the corner if you need any ranters.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I think the fact that so many of the old players have returned is a good indication that we all want DD to be how it was. And the fact that it is dead means it can resurrect new, younger, hipper, better. The Duck can burn away and a Phoenix can arise. An inebriated phoenix, true, but a phoenix none-the-less!

You can be disenchanted and disinterested for now, Volte, that is your right and perfectly understandable. But don't abandon this great opportunity for reformation. You know you have the people backing you up.

Though I have no useful skills, I would certainly be willing to donate for the procurement of another programmer's or host's services.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.