Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Yes sir.

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

Grilled cheese sandwich with some ham.

I also have to agree with Used Books. Hot open faced turkey sandwich rocks!!

faintsmile
faintsmile
Posted at

Oy, oy! Mine is rather healthy… Well… I try to be!

My favourite is chicken breast ham, spinach, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, wholegrain mustard mixed with olive oil and vinegar… not the yellow one! Browny with small bits. YUM!

But I admit at certain time of the month I crave nutella or peanut butter on it. ;-)

I love custard! But not on anything bread! NOOOOOOO.

FAL
FAL
Posted at

For me it has to be chicken breast, tomatoe and a fried egg on top.

Posted at

Ooh, reading all of these tasty sandwich recipes, I thought of something else - Christmas ham sandwiches! Slice up a piece of ham just as it's hot out of the oven, put it on a piece of crisp bread, liberal amounts of good Swedish mustard - at two in the morning, it's the awesomest thing ever.

… Pretty much anything goes, with a sandwich. Back in school, our school lunches used to be so dreadful (leftovers served over and over, everything smelled of old milk cartons, etc., etc.) that I made my own sandwiches - usually by taking a baguette and stuffing whatever was left of yesterday's dinner on it. As long as I avoided the gravy (too much dripping, and all that), anything was fine. Chicken, ham, beef, mushrooms on one memorable occasion.

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

Hot pastrami, swiss, good mustard, rye bread. Pickle on the side.

Posted at

Wow! Interesting sammich designs.

I prefer turkey breast, with colby cheese on wheat. (Which i'm currently eating!!)
It's so good.
Hmmmm.

But if it's a submarine sandwich, I like roast beef, chicken breast, and american cheese on wheat.

mmmm

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

SUBWAY FTW!!

Thanks for reminding me. I've got 300 something points on my sandwich card. Good for a couple foot longs. :)

Gregory
Gregory
Posted at

I also sometimes like to get some steak, remove ALL traces of gristle, tenderise it flat. Fry it up in olive oil and rosemary till it's well done. Slice it thinly and put it into a toasted sandwich with hot mustard and sliced gherkins. And pepper and slat :)
-That is absolutely heavenly!

What Ozone has described is very close to a Philly cheesesteak, the best sandwhich you'll ever have and, quite possibly, the worst. Hoagies and cheesesteaks are as varied in quality as they are vendors that sell them.

They are, in a nutshell, thin sliced beef and melted cheese on a hoagie or roll. Fantastic optional ingredients include sauteed onions, grilled green peppers (peperoncinis can be good in moderation), and sauteed mushrooms. Some are great, some suck. It's my personal quest to try one at every place that serves them. That and gyros. Mmmm…lamb…

And sometimes I just like to eat a plain Vegemite sandwich. ^_^

I submit, as exhibit A, the second verse of this song. Best imported song from the 80s.

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

Wow, I'm going to have to try Amelius' recipe for grilled cheese sandwiches. I usually make mine with butter/oil, cheese and bread. Your style sounds like the delicious cheesy bread that Little Caesar's has/had. I hope things get better for you guys.

When I'm too lazy to make something, I just eat peanut butter sandwiches. If the jelly is already out I might use some. Or honey.

I also might make a baloney sandwich with cheese and mustard/mayo. Or roastbeef/chicken with the same.

Oh! Tomato and mayo sandwich! Man, it sucks with the tomato scare going on now. I think I'll walk to the produce stand in the morning to get a couple…

I really like tomato biscuits, with mayo and lettuce. Mmmm Mmmm.

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

I'm stuck between a finally tuned Grilled Turkey and Cheese Sandwich and the awe inspiring toasted PB and J sandwich. can't get enough of em.

liz
liz
Posted at

I like Philly Cheesesteaks, but I LOVE breakfast sandwiches. An egg, bacon, and other stuff in a soft croissant or bagel. Mmm. I don't care where they're gotten from, but I almost always enjoy them.

herio
herio
Posted at

a baget with sun sun dry tomatoes letist slamy a nice kind of cheese thats good though i have a soft spot for
grilled vegaymite and Cheese on brown bred yummy

Will
Will
Posted at

salt and vinegar crisp sandwich.

Posted at

I'm a complex man with simple tastes. A good tuna sandwich is all I need.

Posted at

Simply melted cheese on heated chicken.
Mhhmm Chicken a cheese.. *Drowls*.

jagular
jagular
Posted at

spaghetti sandwich.
step 1: get some bread
step 2: apply spaghetti

Posted at

I like tuna and mayo! I like it so much that I'll even eat it when the mayonaise has gone lumpy and resembles cottage cheese. Mmmm, think I'll have to have one soon. Suprised I haven't got food poisoning really…

Oh and spaghetti bolognaise sandwiches are yummy- especially when cold. And proper pork sandwiches. And chicken. I love sandwiches!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I like pepperoni and bullets.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I've recently taken to two favorites at Thundercloud Subs:

1. Hot roast beef with avacado(guacamole), lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, "thunder sauce" and black pepper on wheat

2. Hot mesquite smoked chicken with avacado(guacamole), bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, "thunder sauce" and black pepper on wheat.

Never any cheese. I'm lactose intolerant. :)

I also don't mind adding a little garlic to a traditional ham sub with lettuce and tomatoes.

And I'll never turn down a good turkey sub with lettuce, tomatoes, oil and a little black pepper…

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I make a pizza sandwich. A little Prego and some Mozzarella cheese. Some sausage if you like. Cook it up like a grilled cheese, and MMMMM!!!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.