Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I just had a peanut butter, nutella and banana sandwich. It was the BEST. What do you guys like?

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Yum! That sounds good.

I'm thinking a chocolate, raspberry sandwich with bananas and strawberries and whipped cream. Oooooh… I think I just made myself too happy. Oooooh… guh guh guh guh guh… mmmmmm…

I've had peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and banana, and other various peanut butter combinations. Those are good, but I'm not big on the crunchy peanut butter crap. Give it to me nice and smooth. Smooooooooth…

A rice pudding sandwich might be good, too. With tapioca, perhaps. Ohhhhhh… yum.

Now excuse me while I go change my pants.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Yum! That sounds good.

I'm thinking a chocolate, raspberry sandwich with bananas and strawberries and whipped cream. Oooooh… I think I just made myself too happy. Oooooh… guh guh guh guh guh… mmmmmm…

You forgot peanut butter on that one. You can't have a good sandwich without peanut butter.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Cheese sammich all the way.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches are the best! YUMMAH!!!

Yes, I said butter. Not Peanut Butter, just butter.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

any sort of toasted sandwich. With cheese

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Bread, cheese, and mayo.

I'm boring.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Mmm… grilled cheese sandwiches…

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Bread, cheese, and mayo.

I'm boring.
And disgusting, you freak!

Stain
Stain
Posted at

Obviously a chocolate sandwich…

… Actually, I'd have to go with a footlong on italian-herbs-and-cheese topped with pepperoni, cheddar cheese, lettuce, carrots, banana peppers, and barbeque sauce. (Ooooohhhh… It's like an orgasm in my mouth…)

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Another great kind of sandwich? The Ice Cream Sandwich, especially with Nepolitan Ice Cream! :)

Posted at

… I clicked on this thread, thinking I'd be the weird one. o.O Now I'm not so sure. Of course, sandwich culture seems to differ greatly between American and Swedish traditions.

One of my recent bad habits is cheese and ketchup on white bread - it's like a hotdog without the actual hotdog. Not the most filling, or the most healthy, but it's crazy tasty.

Also, meatballs.

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Personally, I like buttered grilled cheese with oregano sprinkled in it, and occasionally a slice of good deli sliced meat in there too. Also, toasted bread with melted butter and honey in it, but I do not have a toaster *weeps bitterly*.
I had the most awesome sandwich at a tea room…too bad it was so small I could eat it in one bite (dainty little thing it was) and it was shaped like a teapot…oh! But anyway, it was some sort of apple chicken salad, which I thought would be totally gross, but it was actually good. There were no onions or celery (ugh, celery…)so it really was good. The idea of fruit covered in a mayo sauce appalled me at first, but…aw man I'm making myself hungry and all we have to eat here is ramen and instant macaroni. Curse this tasty thread!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I used to love sandwiches with tuna, mayonnaise, lettuce, ground black pepper and salt.

Cold roast lamb and grainy German mustard is nice.

Chicken goes quite nicely with blackberry jam.

One of my friends used to swear by Prosciutto and Gouda, but I found that far too sweet and cloying. Ew!

I also sometimes like to get some steak, remove ALL traces of gristle, tenderise it flat. Fry it up in olive oil and rosemary till it's well done. Slice it thinly and put it into a toasted sandwich with hot mustard and sliced gherkins. And pepper and slat :)
-That is absolutely heavenly!

And sometimes I just like to eat a plain Vegemite sandwich. ^_^

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I used to love sandwiches with tuna, mayonnaise, lettuce, ground black pepper and salt.

Cold roast lamb and grainy German mustard is nice.

Chicken goes quite nicely with blackberry jam.

One of my friends used to swear by Prosciutto and Gouda, but I found that far too sweet and cloying. Ew!

I also sometimes like to get some steak, remove ALL traces of gristle, tenderise it flat. Fry it up in olive oil and rosemary till it's well done. Slice it thinly and put it into a toasted sandwich with hot mustard and sliced gherkins. And pepper and slat :)
-That is absolutely heavenly!

And sometimes I just like to eat a plain Vegemite sandwich. ^_^

All those sound like too much work. Yet…tasty! :)

Posted at

Grilled cheese sandwiches are always good.

I also like to mix up my meat and cheeses together.

for instance–

Breaded/grilled chicken breasts gets used in a combo with sliced Ham or turkey in an sandwich along with American and swiss cheese, melted. Mmmmm, that's the stuff. espeically if you layer mayo between all those.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I thought Ozoneocean was required to like vegemite sandwiches. Huh. Whatever…

For general occasions, just about any version of classic peanut butter and jelly works for me. All phases of bread style work for me: fresh, toasted or (yum!) grilled. Though I don't grill them much anymore.

But the best sandwich I ever had was in a Marks & Spencer in London. It was called a "Carmelized Carrot Chutney with Wensleydale Cheese on White" and it was heaven in every bite.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Oh yeah, I think I had something like that in London too! It was good.

I mostly lived on sandwiches and yogourt while I was there.

Posted at

Bacon and brown sauce. (Disclaimer: I am required to say this as a Brit.)

I once once had a lasagne sandwich. Literally a piece of lasagne stuffed between two slices of bread, because I couldn't be arsed to find a plate.

I'm also quite partial to tuna and ice cream.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I like hot open-faced turkey sandwiches (turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy). But I also like peanut butter and strawberry jelly. I like grilled cheese too… Oh, and meatball sandwiches or even spaghetti sandwiches… Leftovers + bread = Mmmmm…

Sigh. I can't eat bread now, though. I'm skirting the edges of possible diabetes, so I had to cut out most high carb stuff. :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Not Custard and Tuna? :(

My faith has been shaken.

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Not Custard and Tuna? :(
I want some! (Maybe leave out the tuna, though.)

Posted at

I wish that one day you will overcome your prejudices and see me as more than a fish obsessed with a yellow dessert sauce.

Besides, custard is far too runny to make an effective sandwich ingredi- this isn't helping is it?

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I wish that one day you will overcome your prejudices and see me as more than a fish obsessed with a yellow dessert sauce.

Besides, custard is far too runny to make an effective sandwich ingredi- this isn't helping is it?
Shut up and give me some custard!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.