Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I crack my fingers. Then my back. Then my spine. Then my fingers again. Then my head. Twice. This usually takes twenty seconds. Sometimes I crack my toes too.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I'm glad I read this thread, because I used to think I was a weirdo. I'm guilty of several of these… The walking on bricks thing for instance. I find myself walking in chess knight patterns. And stepping on dry leaves. Also, not facing the wall while I sleep. But I think that's a common natural instinct or something.

Posted at

I like to pace around my apartment to get my thoughts in process. it just helps me think. I do this too when I daydream about random stuff.

Lsnewton
Lsnewton
Posted at

I pace obsessively downstairs at night while I think. Thing is, my tiles are in a perfect grid, and I have to step in 'L' shapes, like moving a Knight in chess.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I used to bite my fingernails as a kid. Now, though, I'm always cleaning them, especially when they get longer.

Posted at

you know in the three stooges when curly does that thing where he snaps with his right hand and with his left hand in quick succession and at the same time he brings his right fist into his left palm to make a quick succession of three snapping sounds.

I do that constantly.

like when I'm just walking around

And the best part is instead of my friends telling me how annoying it is, they've started doing it too.

Posted at

I can't walk past a gumball-style vending machine, the kind they have in supermarkets full of small toys, without getting something.

I do that too! I have like 20 gazillion bouncy balls at home! The worst part about all this is the fact that we have one at the place where I work! Hahaha! :D

-W

omg me too~~ I hoard bouncy balls– I HOARD THEM, I tell you!!! And one time I was shopping and I passed by this homeless guy, and I had a quarter, but I could see a bouncy ball machine… He was like, "any spare change, PLEASEEE?" But I was like, "sorry man," and bought a bouncy ball. In about ten minutes I had lost it– I like bouncing them as high as I can…. which means they bounce really far away sometimes.

Oh, I have the habit of walking like chess pieces on tiled floors– the worst one is being a pawn, because you have to move really slowly. Queens are by far the fastest method of walking, but it's just not as fun. (my all time fave is to walk like a knight– in an L shape~!!)
And I talk to myself too… and I punch the air a lot, but it's just a way of getting myself psyched for something. IDK why but it scares people. ^^

Posted at

I can only sleep lying on my left side. I can't sleep any other way.

Will
Will
Posted at

i point at people constantly… no particular reason, i just point and glare at random people like the evil monkey on Family Guy.

i think it annoys everyone… but i dont care :P

i'm a claustrophile aswell, except when in crowds, that is horrible. Small rooms are fine though

Posted at

I eat condiments. :[ If I get fast food or something, and they give me two ketchup packets, even if I don't use them on my actual food, I'll eat the ketchup afterwards with a spoon. Same goes for things like cream cheese and mayonnaise.

When I'm working or thinking, I also chew on my bottom lip obsessively to the point where I tear skin off. :[

I also do the walking-while-staring-at-the-ground thing. I'm rarely watching where I'm going while I walk - this is mostly because I'm terrible at making eye contact with people and will go to great lengths to avoid doing so. ..However in my quest to avoid accidentally making eye contact with a stranger, I often end up walking into them because I'm looking at the ground. But I do find a lot of pennies! lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You're all weirdos…

I used to bite my fingernails as a kid. Now, though, I'm always cleaning them, especially when they get longer.
Eww. I could never bite my nails, but I did pick at them.

My bad habit is that when I have a hard time thinking about something or approaching a difficult idea, I obsessively trim my fingernails and then start on the skin around them when the nails are all done… so much so that they often bleed and it becomes too painful to touch or hold anything. It's a very bad habit. :)

Posted at

Speaking of nails…

I get a pedicure once a month, and it's always gotta be the same cotton-candy pink. When the salon I like stopped carrying my favorite color, I started bringing my own bottle of that shade. :D

I can't stand having a broken/chipped fingernail, I always have a nail file in my purse for 'emergencies' like that. Ooh, and I have this specific shade (basically clear with tiny pink sparkles) that I always wear because it's near-invisible, and I'm not supposed to wear nailpolish.

Down with the man!!!

Shingo
Shingo
Posted at

I scratch my "bottom" before I go to sleep, during my sleeping, and when I wake up. In fact, I got kicked out of my friend's house during a sleep over for scratching my butt uncontrollably during bedtime.

Hehe, they thought I had some sort of infection. lol!

I think I win the award for most weird.

Posted at

I think I win the award for most weird.

No, my earwax smelling habit is weirder.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

I cough when i'm thinking too hard and i rub the back of my ear every 30 seconds or so :s

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Hahah! Reading all these idiosyncracies makes me smile. :D

Ok, here's another amusing one for me. I make my own sound effects. Even a task as mundane as reaching for a pencil can be drastically enhanced by going "Fwoosh! Zwwoown! Pow Pow Pow! NnnneneeeeEEEEEEEE-PLOOOOOSH!!"

But this is usually because of the fact that my pencil inexplicably turns into an aeroplane. Who knew, right? :D

*Woosh!*

-W

Posted at

wow… so many weird things…

um… sometimes when I'm listening to music at home, I'll randomly just run back and forth and back and forth.

I can't really think properly unless I'm walking at the same time.

Oh, and I've got you all beat. If I can't find any floss, I'll rip off a piece of my nail to pick out the stuff in my teeth. And when I say nail, I mean toenail because fingernails aren't long enough. MY FEET ARE CLEAN! … i really hope they are.

I also have this nasty little impulse to cut all my hair off whenever I get a compliment on it. That's a little bit too far into my psyche though. I stop now.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I also have this nasty little impulse to cut all my hair off whenever I get a compliment on it.
You know you have really, really lovely hair mecha. Really. It's quite amazing. Such splendiferous, incredible, lustrous, stylish, attractive hair.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Odd habits eh? I personally like burning myself. I actually quite enjoy the feeling that burn wounds give off, especially as they are healing and are still nice and sore.

Posted at

Odd habits eh? I personally like burning myself. I actually quite enjoy the feeling that burn wounds give off, especially as they are healing and are still nice and sore.

hmm. I like the feeling of hot heat on my flesh, although I don't go that far. ^^;;

although, I do have a habit of poking pins into my fingers sometimes… it doesn't hurt that much, as seeing I seem to have this slight numbness to pain..but I can still feel the pricks. I do this because I like this feeling, and somehow it just makes my body feel much more alive.

once when I cut off an mole that was bugging me with an big knife, I got an HUGE rush out of that. maybe I'm just an Masochist?

Posted at

I also have this nasty little impulse to cut all my hair off whenever I get a compliment on it.
You know you have really, really lovely hair mecha. Really. It's quite amazing. Such splendiferous, incredible, lustrous, stylish, attractive hair.
Aahhhhh!!! NOOOOOO!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Mega Josh does that too o_O
Aahhhhh!!! NOOOOOO!
Time for Mecha to do a "Britney" with that wonderful hair of her's? ^_^

Posted at

Oh, and I've got you all beat. If I can't find any floss, I'll rip off a piece of my nail to pick out the stuff in my teeth. And when I say nail, I mean toenail because fingernails aren't long enough. MY FEET ARE CLEAN! … i really hope they are.

… Fine.

You outweirded me.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.