Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Who wants their characters to have a cameo in a comic? YOU DO! YOU DO!

Posted at

Okay gang, the first batch of cameos is UP!!! I'm not going to list all the characters on the page here, partially to preserve the surprise (and, let's face it, the extra page views), but mostly because I just finished listing 'em all on the page and now I'm sleepy. See, I REALLY went overboard and tried to cram as many characters onto the page as humanly possible. In retrospect, this was NOT a good idea, since it just resulted in a lot of small, hard to see characters. Future pages will only feature two or three cameos a piece, but they'll be much bigger and better looking. A fair trade, I think.

And just so you know, there's still PLENTY of room for more characters! Keep 'em coming!

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Hey Blitz, neat idea. I like how you give credit to everyone and supply links to their comics. Thumbs up.

Feel free to use my characters in Last Call. Lily (the succubus) might be a little too scantily-clad, but there are a bunch of other characters on there who are…well, not. ;) Thanks in advance!

Posted at

Well, we're only one page into this thing, but I'd have to say that the Cameo Fest has already been successful beyond my wildest dreams! The weekend since the last page was posted saw the most hits in Far Out There's history. Huzzah! Let's see how long we can keep this up!

I think I need to restate one of the rules, though, since it's kind of asking a lot expect anyone to retain all the stuff I wrote in that first post all the way down here. As a general rule, I'm not accepting characters from M and A rated comics since it could create problems for my E rated comic to link them (and if I use a character from a comic without posting a link, it kind of defeats the purpose of this whole thing). Yes, I realize I'm being a bit squeamish in that, and it's not like I WANT to refuse ANYBODY. Still, I needed to draw a line someplace, and that IS what DD provides ratings for in the first place.

As I said earlier, though, that does NOT mean that the author of an M or A rated comic can't participate AT ALL, only that I won't accept characters FROM THAT SPECIFIC COMIC. You can still send in a original character and at least get a plug for yourself. That's SOMETHING, right?

Anyway, I'm working on the next page right now, and even I'm not sure who all will actually get a cameo in the finished version. Tune in tomorrow to find out!

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

You can use this guy

Feel free to use anyone from "Crazy Maniacs"

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

if you wanna throw any characters from Putrid Meat in, go ahead.

Posted at

Hey, cool guy, does that character have a name? I didn't see one on the comic page (though it's a very real possibility that I'm just an idiot and didn't see it)

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

Hey, cool guy, does that character have a name? I didn't see one on the comic page (though it's a very real possibility that I'm just an idiot and didn't see it)
His name is Angelo (Named after myself)

Posted at

Fell free to use uper dave! links in my sig, and it's not like he's challenging to draw haha

Posted at

Well, one of the best parts about this project is how it streches my artistic abilities to the limit :D

Posted at

Yay for even more participation! Sadly, Friday's page won't have quite as many cameos as usual due to layout issues. That doesn't mean you should stop sending 'em to me, though!

Posted at

Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but let me encourage everyone who can to send in some characters! At the moment, I've still got a bunch of characters in reserve from the folks who offered their whole comic casts, but within a week or so, I'll have used up just about all the one-character-from-one-person submisions. It's not a HUGE deal, but that would mean that the following pages would be cameos by the same three or four sources over and over again. A cameo is a cameo, but I still think it's more interesting to draw from a wide variety of sources rather than the same couple over and over. So come on, gang!

Posted at

I'd like to offer a couple:
Spyke (Stupidity is a Virtue) He's the one in the Spider-Man shirt.

Or, Volty (Volty, not the linked comic) He's the guy with the blonde hair and the flag.

Posted at

Wow, talk about an appropriate cameo :D

Still plenty of room for more, guys!

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

Have you used mine yet?

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

Awesome

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Well that was certainly quick! Thanks a lot!

Posted at

Glad ya'll like 'em! Just a reminder, everyone, the cameo fest doesn't stop until YOU stop sending me characters to feature. No need to stop now!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.