Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

I usually wear casual, and formal for certain special occasions.

I go to school, and as a senior student I have to wear full school uniform-tie, big shirt, long pants-every day. It's incredibly badly designed for the summer here-even with anti-antiperspirant I end up sweating.

I have a feeling my school uniform is the reason why I inexplicably want to be a nudist.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

At university I just wear jeans and a blue t-shirt (Untucked of course). However, when it's winter I throw a jacket on. I'd wear something more casual, but it feels weird going into Sydney in anything else.

Posted at

When I worked at the restaurant is was a nice button-up white shirt and black pants (then either a bowtie for bussers or fancy collar for servers - I did both).

When I worked at the bank, the dress code became one of the reasons I left. The official code was "business casual" so I wore dress pants with a nice shirt. Which was within the dress code. The higher ups took offense to this and I was constantly called into the office to discuss my appearance. I was supposed to "dress for the job you want, not the one you have." (I hated ALL banking jobs - this advice was not useful.) At any rate, it always put me in mind of Office Space and the stinking pieces of flare. Just tell me how you want me to dress then!

I left there to work for a motorcycle dealership, where they basically told me to wear jeans.

Now I work for a newspaper. They have given me no dress code, but I've found that unemployment sucks, so I'm sticking with business casual for now. Nice pants and a shirt that looks okay but is comfortable. Win!

Posted at

I usually wear a sweater and cords or khakis, and I'm not supposed to wear sneakers but eh, I pretty much wear sneakers

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'm allowed to dress in a casual fashion, but I feel sort of weird about doing it. I'll end up in "business casual" or a step above…nice shirts with pants or skirts. Jeans on Fridays or if I know I'll be building something or hauling around boxes ("office manager" covers oh-so-many things).

Once I'm home, though, it's straight into the jammies.

darrell
darrell
Posted at

In the winter it's usually a sweater and khakis. In the summer it's tennis/golf/polo shirts (or whatever you call them) and either khakis or khaki shorts. Yeah, I'm not really stylish and don't usually go outside my comfort zone (which is a very narrow zone).

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Slacks with a button-up shirt - Necktie on Wednesdays "Dress For Success" days. I teach high school. Gotta set a standard.

Someone mentioned uniforms earlier like its a god-awful thing. Like a group of teens with emos cuts, jet black hair, sagging pants and all black clothing with the skinny pants to boot isn't a uniform.

Non-conformity my butt!

Sheesh.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Hmmm, well ive got two:

Sound Technician: i had to wear church clothes, because i was supposed to blend in with the people at the weddings or whatever

soccer referee: that awful yellow shirt with nasty black shorts. But i got a whistle, so its coo.

I guess school could be thrown in there, i have to wear a uniform.

Gross.

Posted at

Slacks with a button-up shirt - Necktie on Wednesdays "Dress For Success" days. I teach high school. Gotta set a standard.

Someone mentioned uniforms earlier like its a god-awful thing. Like a group of teens with emos cuts, jet black hair, sagging pants and all black clothing with the skinny pants to boot isn't a uniform.

Non-conformity my butt!

Sheesh.

It's not so much conformity for me, it's the fact that the uniform I have to wear is uncomfortable in certain weather.

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

I'm a student and I wear jeans, steel-toes/Dr. Martins, and a band t-shirt (Megadeth/Gwar/KMFDM). This Summer I'm gonna work for the city, probably cutting grass at a cemetery or something, and I plan on wearing the same thing.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.