Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

WowioTV content from you, live streaming throughout SDCC- SUBMIIIIIIT

Posted at

Note: SDCC is July 22-25 so this needs to come together pretty quick!

Wowio wants to do a thing during SDCC (and I think the plan was also some time leading up to SDCC, but not sure if that is still in the works) where there will be live-streamed video here on Drunk Duck and Wowio's other sites. Some of that they will be able to manage themselves (like footage and interviews from SDCC), but they will need a lot more! That is where you guys come in. Uh, I'll just quote Kinh here:

But in addition to interviews, we really want to get the DD community involved in creating virtually ANY kind of content they want to see put up on the stream. Basically, Wowio REALLY wants the DD community to feel as if the content on this WowioTV thing is DD related and informed by the DD community itself. We’re thinking the best way to actually get members of the community interested in the stream would be to reach out to them and ask them to get involved with it (completely at their discretion of course). This can include IDEALLY video content related to DD of some kind, but additionally if they want to do DD-related comic strips, drawings, music, audio, etc. All this stuff is going to be used both to present back to the community on the stream and to promote the site as a whole to new audiences.
So, basically that means, if you have video or other content you'd like to share, you can do so! (With the knowledge that it is being publicly distributed via the stream.) I'm nnnnnnnot really sure how they plan to organize this, so just post here and we'll see how it goes. I included some of my ideas for video content below, I don't know if they'll do any of them, but it might give you guys ideas for stuff to contribute. So even if you just have an image or something, Wowio TV is going to try and pull things together into interesting content that helps showcase the site and its members (you guys). Wowio TV isn't a big ad, obviously they don't have to sell DD to us, so they want to make sure it has content you guys actually want to watch.

I will add here, if you do want to share content, I think it will be MOST helpful if you can be specific. These guys have a lot to do, and there's a big difference there between "hey you can use my comic" and "here are some links to specific images which I think are really good"…. that sort of thing.

OK, here's the ideas I sent to Wowio, so maybe this will give you ideas about things you could submit? I don't know if they'll actually DO any of these, but the more stuff they have the more they can do with it. :]

- Interviews or information from DDers (perhaps with emphasis on prominent people like Top Listers, Featured creators, community project organizers, etc)

- Comic stuff that's been youtubed or can be pulled off ustream somehow (like drawing processes, promo clips, animated bits, etc) or Flash creations already made

- short (30-60 second) user spotlights recorded yourself with whatever you want to say about DD, your comic, your process, whatever. Most cameras and phones can do video now!

- trailers or teasers for different genres, categories, ages, etc based on images sent by dders

- image/photo responses to questions like "what page are you most proud of?" and "what does your workspace look like?"

- Maybe there could be an artmeme of Drunkduck and the images could somehow be video content? Not sure what the questions would be- favorite DD feature, favorite DD comic, how comments make you feel, etc? someone who is good at those could make one!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wow… this is a golden opportunity for people to promote themselves O_O

Why isn't Hark ALL OVER this?????

I'll have to think up something to contribute myself. ^_^
Will be cool, since I'm actually going to BE there in person!

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I've got a couple of different drawing videos on Youtube that would be worth submitting for this. Heck, I could easily do Skool's third idea in a heartbeat if I wanted to.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Wow… if I had known this was going to happen, I would've done an animated trailer for Magiversity a long time ago… -_-

Xatiav
Xatiav
Posted at

Interesting project, I start regretting not to live in the USA or somewhere near this area. :x

I'd have an idea:
How about a (series of?) wallpaper drawn by many artists of Drunkduck? I mean, on the same project, which is a little hard due to the final size of the file, but if everybody sends a little picture of their character(s)… This could be an interesting shared resource to present most of Drunkduck's artists…

Anyway, hosting video processes about how my comic pages and arts are made on Youtube is practicable. ;o

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

elektro, Lonnehart, Xatiav,

What are you waiting for???

Do it! :)

Xatiav
Xatiav
Posted at

I'm currently dealing with it, sir!
I'll have to free some space on my hard drive anyway. x)

For the general wallpaper, it'll need the collaboration of the other webcomic artists, so if anybody is volunteer… :3

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

elektro, Lonnehart, Xatiav,

What are you waiting for???

Do it! :)

And how long do we have to get it all done? I'll probably create an intro using static pictures anyway… and then find a musician to create the music for it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Until about the 20th or something, considering that's when the con is on.

carolyn
carolyn
Posted at

Fantastic!!
I'm working on some montage promos now… Do I submit the links here or send a disk somewhere? Also- Mike D, (The People That Melt in The Rain +The Crypt Kid) will be at SDCC with me. Not sure what our booth # is yet, what is the WOWIO booth #? Looking forward to it! Cheers Carolyn :)

zammap
zammap
Posted at

I can think of a rather nice animation I would like to make however it involves montage to a copyrighted song. Don't know where I can get legal music to use that would go well with my piece. Even covers need rights.

Posted at

You can do whatever you like!

As far as music goes, you can do a search for "podcast safe music" (or just podsafe music?) and that generally takes you to several websites which host songs from independent artists- often the only thing they want is to be properly credited, or a fee of $1 or something.

I will ask about how to submit!

Posted at

Awesome!!!

I've been working on a trailer for Shaman Quest. Hopefully I would complete it by then…

zammap
zammap
Posted at

Yey I found a uber cool song.

Time to put my wig on and by some toe socks

<_<

DrLuck
DrLuck
Posted at

Oh wow, did Hark even see this?

But this is totally awesome. I think I'm gonna make a trailer for Crossbones for this.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

My ears are burning.

Self promotion you say? I gotta get me some o' this!

Now I just need to find out how to make videoes and I'll be all set…

(Any volunteers to help make the Harkovast trailer?)

Posted at

I'd be game to help out with you Hark. I'm the official promotion mascot.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.