Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
josif
josif
Posted at

I currently have writers block and cant think of something to make a comic about. Can someone tell me how to cure myself from this horrible disease? Or even better think of a comic idea for me?

Mark
Mark
Posted at

Curing writers block? Drugs and Alcohol give good insights.
Also starving yourself and sleep depravation helps too.
As would food poisoning and other illnesses that make you feel like crap.
I'm sure intense physical pain could help inspire as well.

Seriously, somebody once told me that if one can take in everything around him from every aspect of life, and churn out his interpretations/influences in his medium of choice, he could potentially reach a state where he'll never run out of ideas.

If that fails, I'm sure my bogus advice would make an interesting strip

Posted at

Just don't think too hard. just type randomly what comes to mind.. that often sparks some very intersting ideas and some results.

OutofLine
OutofLine
Posted at

Take some ideas from your dreams.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

I keep a little pink journal of ideas for my webcomic. It's my brainstorming book :3 I take it everywhere I go, because I could get some kind of idea when i'm out at my job or sitting and eating lunch. Just a suggestion but it's helped me out alot ^~^

ProfessorF
ProfessorF
Posted at

Do a comic about writers block.

An alien comes to your strip, demanding one of your characters write a funny story, or else he'll blow up the Earth. Sadly, your guy gets hit with writers block, and starts pleading with all of his friends for ideas. They all get writers block too, and the Earth is destroyed.

josif
josif
Posted at

Curing writers block? Drugs and Alcohol give good insights.
Also starving yourself and sleep depravation helps too.
As would food poisoning and other illnesses that make you feel like crap.
I'm sure intense physical pain could help inspire as well.

Seriously, somebody once told me that if one can take in everything around him from every aspect of life, and churn out his interpretations/influences in his medium of choice, he could potentially reach a state where he'll never run out of ideas.

If that fails, I'm sure my bogus advice would make an interesting strip

Thats the best advice anyones ever given me! :)

MiniMyth
MiniMyth
Posted at

Go take a shower. I don't know why, but this almost always works for me. It's most bizarre. Something to do with the hot water, I think.

herio
herio
Posted at

i normally start makeing something

Zac
Zac
Posted at

i normally start makeing something

Someone has an obsession with making hats! I think he's trying to start some sort of hat uprising.

Posted at

Writer's block is pretty common. The thing is, people try too hard to think of something good. Usually, good ideas are ideas that come to you when you are not focusing on it. It's like when you are trying to find something, you might not find it, but you might find it later when you aren't trying to look for it. So just live life like you normally would and use situations in your life. I am not a great writer myself, but I hope my advice helps man. I am not a great writer because I follow my advice. It doesn't help that my life is hell of boring. I hope you have a good life man. :D

Juliechan
Juliechan
Posted at

Just relax and don't worry about it for a while. It's kind of like when you study really hard for a big test and than when the text roles around you're so stressed abou remembering the answers that you know you studied that you seem to forget them all.
Just relax and breath. An idea will hit sooner or later and than you'll be back into the comic making zone.

Don't try and rush writers block…it seems to only make things worse.

Good luck~ :)

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Here's the science about it. Your mind can be split up into two bits: conscious and subconscious. You've got lots of things running around your subconscious part, it's crazy I tells you, crazy! The conscious bit is the one that rationalises all these mad thoughts.

A problem with a writer's block is that you can't get anything out i.e. think of anything. The conscious part is blocking all the non-sense of the sub. You need to let to seperate them. Without sleeping.

These can be done by a number of things. Three really.

- Phone a friend: while your consciousness is focusing on the meaningless chat ("And then they had to get some dogs to pull her out") the mind wanders and the crazy thoughts pop up from time to time.

- A shower: this personally works for me. When I'm not singing. Ahem. It's the same theory as there's nothing to push the consciousness to work. The subconsciousness arrives again and like lightning, a spark of brilliance freezes you. Wait…

- Long ride home: boredom can be your friend you know. It woun't stand you up when your adrift on a Saturday night. The mind again wanders and thoughts strike in. It's handy keep a pen a pad during that train journey.

Another problem, solved by SCIENCE!

Posted at

An alien comes to your strip, demanding one of your characters write a funny story, or else he'll blow up the Earth. Sadly, your guy gets hit with writers block, and starts pleading with all of his friends for ideas. They all get writers block too, and the Earth is destroyed.

I think this is a brilliant idea, ProfessorF :) Someone should definitely do this comic!

ProfessorF
ProfessorF
Posted at

I think this is a brilliant idea, ProfessorF :) Someone should definitely do this comic!

Thanks, Tantz Aerine!

It's out there for anyone who wants it (just let me know so I can enjoy the finished product!)

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

iÃ? normally start makeing something

Someone has an obsession with making hats! I think he's trying to start some sort of hat uprising.
Viva La Hat Reveloution!

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Yay Verily! All must wear hats in our glorious new world!

marine
marine
Posted at

Steal jokes. Do a google for "jokes" and take the first result. Saved me a few times.

My favorite thing to do is to go to forums where people whine about their problems and take their stories as the foundation for a story arc. Just look for a teen help or teenchat forum. Comedy gold.

marine
marine
Posted at

make fun of Emos. Everyone loves insulting an emo

Been done to death. I did it two years ago, and emos still suck. I swear, the goth kids were better then the god damned emos are.

josif
josif
Posted at

Wow people are actually commenting on a thread I made.

Posted at

I currently have writers block and cant think of something to make a comic about. Can someone tell me how to cure myself from this horrible disease? Or even better think of a comic idea for me?

It is all in the mind…
just take a walk outside and look at things from a Different perspective.

set something on fire.

watch it burn.

do something you normally wouldn't do.

If you always do what you have always done than you will always be what you have always been.

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

My favorite thing to do is to go to forums where people whine about their problems and take their stories as the foundation for a story arc. Just look for a teen help or teenchat forum. Comedy gold.

I think that's how Degrassi gets most of their story ideas. lol!

Anyway. Back to the topic.

Whenever I get writer's block. I just take a couple of days off from thinking about the story. Sometimes your mind just needs a break. Spend the time going out. Have fun with friends and enjoy life. Works for me all the time.

Mark
Mark
Posted at

so is that how you've been cosistently writting awesome telenarious scripts?

I know your seeeecreet

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.