Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Being teetotal it's a somewhat annoying time of the year regarding drink for me. Everyone keeps offering. Even people that already know. And some people seem disappointed when I turn them down. I dunno why. Maybe they're just confused?

But at least I don't have hangovers!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well…

1 movie ticket
1 tube of lip gloss
1 pair of pajamas
1 Nook cover
1 Bottle cap with a Chinese blessing
1 DVD (George of the Jungle)
1 wine bottle stopper
50 dollar check
$200
$20 to Borders Books
$30 to Barnes and Nobles
5 pairs of fuzzy socks
1 tin of cookies
3 sweaters (one is cashmere)
2 laptop bags

and

The Quick Reference Dictionary to Occupational Therapy

Hmmmm…not enough like the 12 Days of Christmas but I tried.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i went back and tried to sing it….

The new xbox is set up downstairs.

dang, i shoulda asked for a recording studio. (mic and sound board, and software for the computer)

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

One thing was the complete DVD set of Black Books. It comes with a lovely stainless steel corkscrew and mettle cork thingo.

Mine DIDN'T come with those T_T

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

One thing was the complete DVD set of Black Books. It comes with a lovely stainless steel corkscrew and mettle cork thingo.
Mine DIDN'T come with those T_T
bottle stopper! That's what it's called…

Yeah, it came in a box so convincingly shaped like a book that it had me completely fooled when I opened it! The goodies were hidden in the bottom.
Despite the headaches I AM going to have to crack open a bottle to try them out to do the series the proper honours!

mlai
mlai
Posted at

"Happy Christmas Mr. Scrooge in keeping with the season."

I got nothing and I gave nothing. I was moving to a new place around Christmas. Moving sucks; such a hassle.

Ate plenty of good cakes, muffins, chocolates, and candy though. Lots of Christmas food lying around at the workplace.

I did get a fat Christmas bonus. The bonus is almost twice my monthly wage. I never had bonus schemes in my previous work; this is new to me.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

A casket of Christmas Spirit and Pandora's box which I haven't opened yet.

Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

I got:
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS game)
-Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS game)
-a real pearl necklace that came with a pearl bracelet and pearl earrings (*_*)
-A book: "Dreaming in Chinese"
-Time off of work xD

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I just traded in the matching laptop bags my parents got my fiance and me for one really nice one and a $10 gift card to Office Depot. My fiance was jealous that the case I got from his brother and sister-in-law was his favorite colors (navy blue and bright orange) so I'm keeping the new one for myself and giving him the other one.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

I got:

Bottle of Goldschlager
PeaCoat
Coveralls
Boxed DVD set of the Star Wars collection
Grandpa's watch
Nerf gun
and some housewarming gifts for my new apartment

Posted at

Younger brother got me a copy of the original Shadow Hearts
That's good taste and discernment right there. -thumbs up!-

Chocolate, stuffed pandas, tea set, gift cards, two seasons of Bones, a knitting loom, Scrabble, pajamas, and a laptop I named Equius. It's stronger than my desktop…

So far with gift cards I've bought a laptop case, a mouse, a book of Irish myths, and a book of Whistler etchings. I also knitted a hat!

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

A tea set with $50 giftcard to Teavana.

Posted at

A marble grill set
The Gamma World box set (I am such a geek, yet even though I tend to DM in my gaming group I'm not the biggest geek there)
An easel
$500 to have fun with
An MST3K collection.

I don't ask for stuff I can't use for either practical purposes or entertainment anymore since A) it never makes me happier and B)I don't have room for crap that's just going to clutter up valuable space and collect dust.

I managed to get a couple of new (to me) video games during Boxing Week for $20 each, so that was pretty good. Also, traditional Quebec holiday cooking. I'd live off of tourtiere if I could.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.