Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

…(If you want to actually eat, don't do what you love. Do what you have to. Otherwise, live with your parents and live on dreams and air.)…

Yeah I seem to be doing that unintentionally. I had been a Temp but the agency I was working for just stopped calling me and when I called them I was told that they just didn't have any jobs.:[ So now I just spend my day's applying for jobs, cleaning my mom's house and exercising. Once I get into good shape I'm just going to go join the Air Force. If I'm lucky I may get some sort of job training that I can actually use in the real world but if not I'll just make a career in the military.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I'm double majoring in Graphic Design and English.

Well as far as I am aware, people are always looking for graphic designers. ….And especially Web Designers. I really need to sit down and read the HTML & Web Design for Dummies book that's collecting dust on my shelf…

And I think you can get into the journalism field with English, not to mention publishing houses, working as an Editor. Although I work at a publishing house and my degree was in Animation, so…there ya go. ;)

Posted at

One of the biggest job creation areas is personal trainers - as the US gets fatter and lazier many are more willing to spend money on personal training.

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos296.htm

Of course, you'd have to become one of those gym-folks. And once you become a gym-folk, you can't become anything else.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

One job that appears to be safe is telling people they're fired.

Senshuu
Senshuu
Posted at

I'm double majoring in Graphic Design and English.

Well as far as I am aware, people are always looking for graphic designers. ….And especially Web Designers. I really need to sit down and read the HTML & Web Design for Dummies book that's collecting dust on my shelf…

They are, unless you don't have experience. Then you're just screwed.
My design friends and I are practically giving away free work just to fill our portfolios… (Or turning to teaching jobs)

Web design's looking up, at least.

Posted at

lol! That's probably the most useless book you'd need to get a job in web design, I expect. HTML is the red-headed stepchild of web programming languages. I imagine the people getting jobs in web design are all… xml, php, so forth.

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

just become a nurse like every other bloody female in america. I don't even bother to ask girls what they're studying for anymore, NURSE NURSE NURSE~

Hmmph…unlike those fools i have no life aspirations or goals B)

Oh yeah. I quit the nursing major real quick for undergrad. I might regret it in the future but I still don't now.

I'm going all over this whole art business. Art teaching, comics, crafts and more recently Art Therapy.

Get this folks, soon just by looking at your art I'll be able to read your darkest secrets! Muhahaha!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

just try it foo. i dare you.

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

just try it foo. i dare you.

lol I'd probably get too freaked out from interpreting my own art.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.