Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Meh studio/ bedroom:

Sorry some of the pictures are so dark, they didn't come out if I had the desk light on. ^^' And my manga collection is currently missing a few volumes. ;__; My friends call me "The Manga Library." D:

Zad
Zad
Posted at

Much to my dad's dsicontent, I prefer to draw curled up on the couch, with the tv blaring anything. I've got one of those children's books, the big ones. I steal copier paper and shove it in back, and drawings go in front. I use mechanical (NEVER real wood) pecils and pens, preferably gel. My studio moves with me :]
When I am desperate, i draw on my computer, see my 'Never Never', it SUCKS!!!!

dam u all! with ur fancy studios and pocket dictionaries! x)

herio
herio
Posted at

all i have is a hall

kitsunesan
kitsunesan
Posted at

My room and thats all…and of course my T.v XD

Puff
Puff
Posted at

Meh studio/ bedroom:

[Cluttery images here]

Sorry some of the pictures are so dark, they didn't come out if I had the desk light on. ^^' And my manga collection is currently missing a few volumes. ;__; My friends call me "The Manga Library." D:

Jesus Dodger, how do you walk around your room?! There's like… desks and walls and solid objects all over! D:

Posted at

I don't know why, but I really can't sit at a desk to draw. I guess it's because my ass hurts too quickly, and I feel spaced in. I like to flop down on my bed and draw. I dunno. It works for me :) (And also, my desk is too messy. I can't do a damn thing!)

Also, when my bed's too messy, I sit at my computer chair and draw using a clipboard as a surface.

I never draw outside. It's too bright…

Posted at

Meh studio/ bedroom:

[Cluttery images here]

Jesus Dodger, how do you walk around your room?! There's like… desks and walls and solid objects all over! D:

You know many people have asked me this. XD
Years of ballet have taught me to be light on my feet and move swifty between the gaps in my lovely clutter without knocking it over. :3 Tis why they call me "T3h Dodger" ; P

Rori
Rori
Posted at

My studio area (note the trashed table):

Where I usually draw:

What I'm usually looking at when I draw:

Posted at

Where I usually draw:

Woah, are those guitars behind that couch? (or bass guitars?) Cause you have a lot of 'em :)

Rori
Rori
Posted at

:D Those are my boyfriend's. I have an Ibanez artcore and a cheap acoustic, but they're on the other side of the room.

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

#1 is my big ass printer that i hardly ever use. it prints on sizes up to 13"x19".
#2 my darth vader stand up that i won in a pizza hut contest.
#3 my chair.
#4 above the circle is some video games. below the circle is the notepad i use to keep a list of stuff i need to do. it keeps me motivated.

#1 my scanner.
#2 my work phone. when it actually works it works over the internet so i dont get charged for calls to africa
#3 my computer. this is where all my work gets done. i dont actually draw anything on paper.
#4 my filing cabinet. bunch o junk in there
#5 … :(
#6 big pile of cables for all my computer junk to plug in with.

#1 secondary monitor for the secondary computer
#2 can of pepsi. most likly empty….. yup. it is.
#3 my printer.
between 3 and 4 is a teeny tiny pic of me and my best buddy shawna
#4 photocopier. sure it a printer and scanner too but i only use it to photocopy stuff.
#5 6 boxes of comics used as a table. while that looks like a lot of comics i actually have like 17 more boxes.
#6 secondary computer for the secondary monitor
#7 extra cables hooked up to my switch box for when relatives or friends bring over computers that they jacked up.
#8 my trash can.

Fysh
Fysh
Posted at

Since I don't draw, I guess it doesn't count. But when I write, I go out into the woods behind me. I have a little briefcase with my notebook, and my colored pencils ( different characters talk in different colors. Just so I don't get confused).

Sysli
Sysli
Posted at

My, emh, "studio"… Is whereever I end up. Mostly right here by the computer, in somebody's couch (that would technically be my bed if we're talking about the one where I live) or crazy random stuff going on at the nearest table. I never was much for overly organized things. ;)

Emma_Clare
Emma_Clare
Posted at

I have a room which is still attached to the house but can only be accessed from outside of the house. Plus it has a deadlock… very handy :D I do all of my drawing work out there as all my stuff is in there T-T I used to draw in my room… and paint… on my bed :P boy that rubbed my mum the wrong way :D But yeah.

phinmagic
phinmagic
Posted at

My studio is pretty much out of my breif case. I draw while I am at work, I drawin front of the TV while watching my kids. I draw in front of my computer( which is in the gameroom and where I do my coloring and lettering.

I just find I get more work done not being a "Moody" artist and strpping myself to a drawing table. To that end I have started working smaller, at 8x12, to make it all more portable. I find that it also allows my work to have a "denser" look to it which I like!

Posted at

I do all my drawing in front of the PC. I get so distracted most of the time, so my comics and pictures take longer for me to do than they should. This wouldn't be a problem if the desk in my room wasn't covered in plushies and books.

I should really clean up my room..

Posted at

I'm so sad, I'm moving this week and I'm packing up my studio to move into a studio apartment. No drawing for about a week. I had to throw away a ton of older art too… wow I used to draw REALLY REALLY bad!

jmt
jmt
Posted at

I always try to seperate my work space from my living space. This is how I sleep and survive being a workaholic. However I keep a few art supplies and a drawing board handy for when I want to escape to the living area. Easy to pack up and put back into my studio out of sight and out of mind. I recently bought a house and am still trying to settle into my new studio. But I have documented my old studio space (Terribilis est locus iste) extensivly for my website.

http://www.jonnyaxx.com/terribilis.htm

When I get my new place up to snuff I will be featuring it, as well as the rest of the house on the web. However since I think I am naming my bar "Terribilis est locus iste" I am looking for a new name for my studio. Any ideas?

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Nonstandard_Assembly/

http://www.jonnyaxx.com/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.