Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

Sweet Adagio! Ten of Swords looks good!

Posted at

Intriguing idea. I read through the list, and I have determined that…..

Blade is undoubtably the Page of Cups. (Or Princess of Cups, depending on which version you use).

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

WooHoo! I finnally finished it. Here is Karen the Marilith as Card IIX "Strength". Who is next to put up a tarot card? heheh…

KLSanchez
KLSanchez
Posted at

Hope you don't mind Az', but I took cues off your card to dress up mine… ^^'

Zeph/KL Sanchez as The Emperor, whose ears have been clipped and his eyes put out, tail docked and missing, atop a crumbling throne. His empire decays, his banner is torn, and with a rifle and sword for scepters, he awaits his final battles. A skull of a fallen enemy serves as a footrest.

Here's a different, much more toned-down version that fits the Matrix-type parody feel better. =P Seated atop the stuffed leather chair, this Emperor holds a glass of wine and benignly awaits your questions… enigmatic and unassuming, is this Emperor wise or merely another jester? The field of emptiness speaks of both the nothingness and the everything of his Empire… and can symbolize both new possibilities and the emptiness of end. Beginning and end does he both represent.

By Zodiac sign, I should probably be the Heirophant, or Hermit by my personality. Ace of Swords would also have been okay. But the "dark" card was inspired by Marilyn Manson's Holywood album, in which a tarot card of him as Emperor has him seated atop a wheelchair, helmet on head and rifle at ready. His Empire is decadent and hypocritical. Watching my Empire decay from complacency and ignorance (blind to the war, as symbolized by the eyes being put out), I could very well be waiting for a final battle.

From what I read on the Emperor card, it's a symbol for leadership and/or direction (or something like that). As Emperor, carrying the capacity for good and evil, action and inaction, complacency or activism, I guess it'd be appropriate since I chose Neutral, yet still have the capacity to lead either side in the direction they need to be pointed in. As will become revealed once I finish the sidestory thing, I also offer a neutral ground for discussion within my own little personal realm, or an impartial source of advice.

Also, my handwriting is atrocious. x.x

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

I call "The Thief" and "The Beast"! :D

Posted at

Presenting, once again.

The Ten of Swords (possibly NSFW)

The guys on the ground, of course, are members of Rosencron's "men in black" crew.
You can see a live one here.

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

KL Sanchez: I don't mind at all borrowing borders and banners and anythings! It could make the cards look more like an organized deck of some sort. Both cards look just great.

Machiavelli33: Love the color on your card! The sprays and splatters look incredible! I take it the 10 of swords is a card of dark portent? Too Sweet!

I can't wait to see more from everyone! I love you guys (and you girls too)!

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

Um… so, I made tarot cards totally unrelated to the Civil War because I got overexcited.
Sorry. I'll make two more soon to make up for it.

But here's what I made anyway:

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

Those look awesome Cheeko! (One question though, where in the Tarot deck do they fit? Like does "The Thief" replace "The Fool" or are they just new additions to the Tarot just for us?)

I love 'em! Can't wait to see what you show us for the Civil-War themed versions!

mcman
mcman
Posted at

I believe justice is very appropriate for Arctic. I'll have to do that when I can get under the tumb of my comics.

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

Those look awesome Cheeko! (One question though, where in the Tarot deck do they fit? Like does "The Thief" replace "The Fool" or are they just new additions to the Tarot just for us?)

I love 'em! Can't wait to see what you show us for the Civil-War themed versions!

I have to admit that I did make the subjects up for this tarot card deck, and they are additional cards that BK did not outline in her first post. I hesitated using "The Devil," so in it's place I substituted "The Beast." It sounds less evil. :D

Posted at

The guys on the ground, of course, are members of Rosencron's "men in black" crew.
You can see a live one here.

Aaw… I was hoping they were the Divine Agents from my comic. =(

Awesome card though. Seriously. I cannot stress how awesome that card is.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

this is all very interesting. u guys should cut out your cards and make them a deck.

(this is starting to remind me of Cain saga -all the villians are given tarot card names.

if i was to be a card it would probably be the moon.
and my character would probably be ….the sun.
thats kinda ironic -but it fits.

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

On another thread, they mention the possibility of a DD Civil War store with T-shirts and maybe collectable cards or stuff. I wonder if we could get this Tarot deck thingy put in there too?

*Wanders off wondering who to talk to about this*

Posted at

I wonder what Nikai and Lolli Girl would be.

Posted at

This seemed like fun so I also drew a card.

It's the King of Wands and this is what was came into my mind, hope you like it:

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

Awesome looking card Ultimate_Chaos! Can't wait to see some more from the rest of you!

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

This is Thanatos, the villain from my comic, aka "The Man in the Iron Mask". No spoilers on him, but he's somewhere in between life and death, as he was killed, but still lives. I don't claim dibs on the Hanged Man, I just thought this up.

And here are Helmut and Lobo. "Fiery Red and Watery Blue" would probably fit their attitudes, so I chose Temperance. The two of them are exact opposites, and despite this, they can merge into one being. Helmut, being the body used as a vessel for Lobo, is the "moving" part, while Lobo himself, being like a spiritual guide, is stationary. So yeah, Temperance is officially "my" card.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.