Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

1st: Rachel from AE (unique pose and awesome outfit, coloring is very good)
2nd: Kira from Till Dawn till Dust (Love the outfit! I want one)

So far this thing totally looks like a fan based thing. I hope the winner wins because of their art and not because of a fan club. I just had to say that.

Snarky
Snarky
Posted at

My second vote is for Rachel from Alternate Earth. She's adorable.

Posted at

1st vote: Kira Nitestream
2nd vote: Honey Butter

chee2424
chee2424
Posted at

So far this thing totally looks like a fan based thing. I hope the winner wins because of their art and not because of a fan club. I just had to say that.

I agree

Well this is by fan based, well thats my opinion. Look at everyone in the top: 4 Kira, honey, nancy and casey all fan favorites. I was so mad when I found out that the leader in the mens was chultlu (can't spell it right). In my opinion the best art was done by kathy's submission.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I agree
These posts probably belong in a separate thread… I just wanted to say, I don't know who most of the characters I voted for are, since I read only a very few comics here. ;-) But I'm not voting for "best art" either. It's not an art contest.

It's a beauty contest, meaning the character wins if he's/she's hot inside and out, not depending on how well they're drawn. There may be a character that's not too well drawn, but is still very sexy. Well, at least, I think so :)

MadCat
MadCat
Posted at

I agree
These posts probably belong in a separate thread… I just wanted to say, I don't know who most of the characters I voted for are, since I read only a very few comics here. ;-) But I'm not voting for "best art" either. It's not an art contest. (If it was, I wouldn't have bothered entering. I could pour hours of work into my submission and be no where near as nice as most of the others…)

It's a beauty contest, meaning the character wins if he's/she's hot inside and out, not depending on how well they're drawn. There may be a character that's not too well drawn, but is still very sexy. Well, at least, I think so :)

That's exactly what this is all for. That's why each deadline comes with questions for the "contestants." Your decision is meant to be based on: The physical attractiveness of the character; the design, relevance and execution of their outfits; and their personality; with the quality of art coming in last.

Unfortunately, the fanbase issue will arise no matter what because these characters and their creators have fans who want to support them and will favor those characters because they "know" them and identify with them. The only way to avoid it would be to completely throw out the public voting and leave the judging up to an impartial, uninvolved committee.

But we like the fact that you guys make the final decision. We want you all to feel like your votes will make a difference. And they can, and will.

I was kinda thrown into this at the last minute, and things have been rather hectic, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the contest and make it as fair as possible for everyone, regardless of fanbase to win based on creativity and characterization…so far I've been coming up short-handed…

wyldflowa
wyldflowa
Posted at

Well then! For my second vote I'll have to go for Eve from Misfit Assassins! I love her outfit and pose and Flipper's outfit and pose too. X3

mlai
mlai
Posted at

This is ridiculous. Shouldn't there be a thread with images of all the contestants, and with links to each's best comics pages, if we're going to have a contest like this?

What am I supposed to do, hunt down all these contestants by myself?

Don't expect me to vote.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

This is ridiculous. Shouldn't there be a thread with images of all the contestants, and with links to each's best comics pages, if we're going to have a contest like this?

Don't expect me to vote.
I think your votes are supposed to be based solely on the entries in the contest (images and text).

chee2424
chee2424
Posted at

Don't expect me to vote.

I think your votes are supposed to be based solely on the entries in the contest (images and text…)

here is the link, just read this from the beginning
http://www.drunkduck.com/Drunk_Duck_Beauty_Contest/

chee2424
chee2424
Posted at

I agree
These posts probably belong in a separate thread… I just wanted to say, I don't know who most of the characters I voted for are, since I read only a very few comics here. ;-) But I'm not voting for "best art" either. It's not an art contest. (If it was, I wouldn't have bothered entering. I could pour hours of work into my submission and be no where near as nice as most of the others…)

This is true because of the way the contest was set up.
This is what you do:
is let this finish and then take out those top five and ban them from the next one. Thats opens the doors for other artists and add awards and restict votes

That's exactly what this is all for. That's why each deadline comes with questions for the "contestants." Your decision is meant to be based on: The physical attractiveness of the character; the design, relevance and execution of their outfits; and their personality; with the quality of art coming in last.

Unfortunately, the fanbase issue will arise no matter what because these characters and their creators have fans who want to support them and will favor those characters because they "know" them and identify with them. The only way to avoid it would be to completely throw out the public voting and leave the judging up to an impartial, uninvolved committee.

But we like the fact that you guys make the final decision. We want you all to feel like your votes will make a difference. And they can, and will.

I was kinda thrown into this at the last minute, and things have been rather hectic, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the contest and make it as fair as possible for everyone, regardless of fanbase to win based on creativity and characterization…so far I've been coming up short-handed…

This is true because of the way the contest was set up. Now throwing out public voting for a better contest, not really.

This is what you do:
is let this finish
then take out those top five
ban them from the next one
Take those and any entries who are charcters in the top 1000 into a different fan based contest.
Add more awards let everyone know what they are best at.
resrict those votes one per cat, no more than 2 at all
add more weeks for more votes
a month is enough time to determine a winner.
I know this doesn't sound fun.

Thats opens the doors for other artists and encourage the wild cards the safety that they seek. That why the contest isn't just for the sharks, it's for the sea.

Now for the beauty on the outside/inside thats crap, becauz every girl here is pretty everyone including me are voting for their character or how i would say a character that they know. Okay then is any one in the top 5 in the contest that isn't in the top 1000 at drunk duck. It don't matter how much beauty on the outside you want the contest to showthis is just another high school populaurity contest. If you want this to more fair you should encourage the fans to look at the other guys and girls in their comics that they don't know. I don't have much but I got at least one page on both of my entries. As for my votes making a difference ………….. uhhhhhhhh no because the contest is set up for the "Cool kids". About this being thrown at you, If you need help with the contest lets us know and somebody would try to make an attempt. Everyone put alot of work on their drawings, just to be beaten by a populaur character. If boise state can beat Oklahoma, we should get a fair shot. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't join this thing for 2 people to comment and get no damn votes. If I could I would vote for every one who doesn't have one. Just so i could be that one unbias bastard voter here.

It's week one, but wednesday we will see if those questions actually matter.It's still week one and we will see if they will be any changes (But i highly doubt it.)

Saint John
Saint John
Posted at

Don't expect me to vote.

Or at least a poll of some sort, counting all these votes as it is is a pain…

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

Please discuss about the contest in the proper thread, you're making it more difficult to count the votes

My second female vote is for Princess from "Marital Bliss" mainly because of the hot daring dress and the huuuuuuuuuuge tail

Storm Owl
Storm Owl
Posted at

I vote for Rachel from alternate earth and Kira from dawn till dusk

Posted at

Great two votes! then mine are Yuki Ohtani ( I don't want to see her curled up on my couch pouting) and Eve with Flipper!

Nevain
Nevain
Posted at

Definatelly Honey and …( so hard to decide) Kira Nitestream

Posted at

My first vote is for Angela Michelli…

My second is for Honey Butter

Omegaguy
Omegaguy
Posted at

Nancy the necro.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.