Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I don't think you all should do this panel by panel. That should be left to the author of his/her page.
You may want to start over though with all the new people coming in. I took a few weeks to look this over and it is confusing. It's all over the place and all the settings are different– which is bad because it's supposed to be in one place basically(I contributed to this too which I feel bad about). What you might want to consider however to pull a starving artists and allow to upload more than one page at a time. Not too many though.

DruidJP585
DruidJP585
Posted at

I don't think you all should do this panel by panel. That should be left to the author of his/her page.
I agree
What you might want to consider however to pull a starving artists and allow to upload more than one page at a time. Not too many though.
And out of order for that matter. Some of us get struck by inspiration (…and bricks. HEY-YO! …its a joke)

You may want to start over though with all the new people coming in. I took a few weeks to look this over and it is confusing. It's all over the place and all the settings are different– which is bad because it's supposed to be in one place basically(I contributed to this too which I feel bad about).
So what you say is that we need to make a defined setting.
So we need to make a maps. Then we can add landmarks onto them.

For example:
MAP: Area surrounding Mount Carin; Scale: Each unit equals approx ?/? km. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ......................MMMMM....................... .....................MMM^MMM...................... ......................MMMMM...........j.........N. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. LEGEND: M Mount Carin ^ Mount Carin Peak N Natalie's House D Demon m monastery W Alphonese's Workshop V The zombie infested village (and currently Alison's party) S Nora Shue's House s samurai and companion J Jesse's House j Druid J (midair) . Land ~ Water MAP: Mount Carin; Scale: Each unit equals approx ?/? m. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .......................^......................... ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ... LEGEND: ^ Mount Carin Peak b base of Mount Carin D Death Cult Gates . Land ~ Water

Posted at

OK, so the tally is…

Panel By Panel

Yay: 1
Nay: 5

Restart

Yay: 3
Nay: 3

So, panel by panel is definately no.

Restart, however has been tied.

Druid, I like those ideas of yours.

OK, so how about this:

We don't restart, but we allow anywhere from one to three pages per turn. Deadlines will be a problem. We need to keep this flowing, but people also need reasonable time to finish. How about everyone gets a week for every turn? Also, does anyone want to volunteer to draw the map?

Posted at

I can draw the map. However, I need everyone to either be very clear on where they want things to be, or you guys let me make a map that fits what we have already, and we stick with it after it gets approved. What do you think?

DruidJP585
DruidJP585
Posted at

Or we could possible make 'tiles' and place them on a top-front view I could do something like that in flash….or anime studio pro.

Actually I think it would be better if we made it in birds eye view.
Using 100x100 scale we could make tiles that we would arrange on a map.

I could arrange it so all these tiles could be placed on a table grid.

Like the following I have demonstrated at this link.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Worlds/html/Map.html

Map 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 A B
As you can see by the code, all cells are automatically the correct width. The background layer is used for the landscape, while you can put items into the cell to act as its contents. You can even add multiple layers by using nested multiple tables as seen by the death cults gates example. The lowest layer is the gates, the second layer is steve, and the final layer is the title.

Overall I believe this is easiest as a map like this can be quickly updated. Also, images could be turned into links, which could lead to closeups and such.
Also, we would all work with standard size cells.

I also put in some classes that allow us to make things span multiple cells. For example the Mountain could span two cells and link to a closer map. The top mountain cell would have a class of "linkcell nobottom" and the bottom one would have a class of "linkcell notop". Combined they would put a blue border around the cell. As seen in the example (sans mountain).

If someone makes a general sketch of the layout, I can then make it into the grid layout.
Tiles I can make easily: Grass, Tree, River, Ice, Plain, Sea. I can also make multi terrain tiles such those that that are on the coastline. …then again, that is just a landscape tile that goes on top of another landscape title.

….buildings and mountains…I am not so good at.

Posted at

map i say someone draws instead of programs, no offense druid, it's just that a drawn thing would fit in more with a drawn project.

DruidJP585
DruidJP585
Posted at

…so no animation or html…aw

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.