Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

(Do I even have to say that WordWeavers views on Scatterpod are not canon?)

You kidding? Wordweaver weaves his words (I AM SO FUNNY) into your lore so deeply that YOU begin to believe it. So, therefore, he is the mind behind the mind behind harkovast, yes?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

The whole while I was drawing this I kept muttering "Darsai warriors; to the death". Strangely, I have no idea what I'd actually call this picture.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Hooray! Well done Hakoshen, that pictureis completely awesome!
Those Darsai look very bad ass, especially with the cool energy swords.I'm very impressed!
I'll have to have a bit in the comic where they shout "Darsai- to the death!" before a battle….

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Who feels like some quality alliteration followed by a classic comedy comic crossover?
Well you are in luck.
mt1608 has drawn a little comic with characters from his comic The Goblin Apprentice stumbling around in Harkovast, and proving themselves poor ambassadors!

Yes, you were all thinking of that joke weren't you?
mt1608 just had the nerve to say it!

Now whose for a spot of over analysing something silly and light hearted?
I sure am!

I found this comic interesting, for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, I'm amused by Sir Muirs failure to understand, though if anything this makes him seem a little too lucid! Later on in the comic Sir Muir will demonstrate his ability to go one better then misunderstanding insults, and prove simply completely oblivious to them. "Jolly good, jolly good!"

Another interesting thought, even if this was not Sir Muir but was another (sane) Darsai, he would still not understand the joke.
Assuming there was no language barrier (since people in Harkovast don't speak english, they speak Harkovastian, the comic is just translated with equivilant word play replacing concepts that dont translate well) he would believe that he was being compared to female genitals, but he would not recognise the pussy cat pun of the statement.
Darsai have no concept of what a cat is, let alone a pussy cat and so would have assumed Laskar was simply yelling an unprovoked insult.
Mind you, would a people who didn't know what the animal was have the swear word? Probably not, but if we are translating words to allow us to understand Harkovastian, we can assume they would understand the concept of the word, though they would be unable to understand its cat related meaning (as I mentioned, they dont know what a pussy cat is!)

Final thought…Laskar is lucky he ran into Sir Muir and not Shogun.
Wierd looking creatures yell something that sounds vaguely like an insult at the Shogun, they end up wearing their rib cages as hats!

mt1608
mt1608
Posted at

Glad you like it.

Actually, the idea that it could (and probably would, by any other Darsai) be misinterpreted as an insult was part of the idea.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Yes, but my point was the Darsai would not think it was a joke about them looking like cats. They would fail to see that you were mocking their species and think you were just insulting them personally.
The delightful double meaning would be wasted on them.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Okay, little bit of back story needed on this one.

omega5ooo was celebrating his/her (sorry I dont actually know their gender!) comic Weird Star ( http://www.drunkduck.com/WeirdStar/index.php ) being 5 years old and so had a contest where if you commented on that page, then you had a chance to win some art!
Now if there is one thing you should all know about me by now, its that I am just crazy 'bout that fan art!

And as luck would have it….I WON!
Hooray!

Double hooray in fact, because omega5ooo is a REALLY good artist.

Check out this awesome (and I'm not using the word lightly) anime style picture of Scatterpod.

I really like that the character is easily recognisable, with fantastic attention to detail (right down to the colour of the feathers) but is still drawn in a different style.
Great stuff!

Posted at

Wordweaver_three is The Speaker?

(Shhhhhhhh! Don't give that part away yet!)

Is it okay if I'm partial to my version of Scatterpod?

RED_NED
RED_NED
Posted at

That picture of scatterpod is ace!

Reminds me of 1980's cartoons, like during the opening theme music it would close in and *SHING!* (that was those tacky sword sounds they always used by the way…) "SCATTERPOD" would appear at the bottom of the screen, and it would introduce all the characters like this!

I hate to imagine what 80's theme tune a Harkovast cartoon would have…

Posted at

That picture of scatterpod is ace!

Reminds me of 1980's cartoons, like during the opening theme music it would close in and *SHING!* (that was those tacky sword sounds they always used by the way…) "SCATTERPOD" would appear at the bottom of the screen, and it would introduce all the characters like this!

I hate to imagine what 80's theme tune a Harkovast cartoon would have…

Did you ever watch the Dungeons and Dragons tv show? It would sound like that, only more somber I think.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Chen-Chen has been a bit long over due for some fan art if you ask me!
Luckily, Ochitsukanai has stepped up to the plate to correct this imbalance with this excellent picture of Chen-Chen looking very lovable.
Note that Ochi went to the extra effort of doing the whole things with coloured pencils, to give it an authentic Harkovast feel.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Ochi has been in a Harko-frenzy and has followed up her first picture of Chen-Chen with another even MORE awesome picture of Chen-Chen!
This one was done in india inks and coloured pencils, and is so spot on I keep wondering if I drew it in my sleep or something!

Chen-tacular!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Ever wondered what Harkovast would look like if it was drawn in a realistic style?
Well now you don't have too.
Here is some knew fan art of that sinister villain The Speaker by rokulily

I really like the way this picture's drawn and I especially love that it is just so wonderfully different. It is nothing like any other fan art I've had and absolutely nothing like the style of the comic, but that's a good thing!
Its like a reimagining of the character, and I really like it.
Thanks rokulily!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Here is something from Kitty17, showing one of the Nameless with a seriously bad ass axe!

Awesome stuff. I especially like the seriously bad ass axe (as you might have gathered) and the cool plating on his armour.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Here is a cool sketch style picture from Salsa!

ROAR!
Best of all, Salsa has promised to follow this up with even MORE fan art soon!
So stay tuned!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Rokulily is of the opinion that Ki is rather like the bird version of Zorro, as this picture attests…

Well if you have to be compared to someone, you could do a lot worse then the Z man!
I like the addition of a hat, to complete the effect.
Banderas eat your heart out!
Of course, Ki is more about cutting throats then cutting letters into people…

Thanks Rokulily, for the excellent picture!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Salsa is back in action drawing some new Chen-Chen fan art, this time featuring Chen-fu!

I suspect that since I revealed that Chen-Chen can smash a mans head with her fist, her popularity has increased somewhat.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Yet more Harkovast fan art from Salsa (hes pretty prolific!) This time he has drawn The Speaker, no doubt plotting yet more sinister plans…

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Lemme know if ya want anything else.

Just wondering, why is it that noone else has given you fanart in a while?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I dunno….I dont know what made them start doing it in the first place!
So anyone else out there in internet land reading this…there ya go! Something for you to work on!

Posted at

(…wtf, DD. I pressed "image", not "send". D: Thank goodness for edits.)

Boo.

Scatterpod as a non-anthro (or at least as non-anthro as an animal in a bitchin' headdress can be) fox. :D?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Very weird but really cool.
And really great art as well, you have lots of talent!
I will have to go and tell Wordweaver_three that there is a naked picture of Scatterpod on the fan art section, just to get his hopes up and then dash them all!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.