Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Sparkle is looking good,though I know you know where to alter the appearance to better fit the reference (bigger bow, shorter shirt, skirt) and that she now has no shoes.

But I love seeing each art style used and how things work for them. Your CG skills put an interesting twist, because I believe the HU/HA comics have not had a single CG page yet.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

Just dropping by to say that I'm going to start working on my pages now. Probably stick around the forum to make sure I get the characters and backgrounds right :)

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Blurg. I've been meaning to say since I got back, I can grab those couple of pages if you need to to. Like 2-3 pages.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

It's reasonable that you would want the references.  I've Hero Machined the couple and have these to give at the moment:

The couple (both male-to-female transsexuals, I'm using the Bride/groom terminology because that's what the script uses as I had written it before deciding their genders):
Bride/groom 1 -
Bride/groom 2 -

The minister:

Because the Dragon Queen no longer has a visible comic, I thought I would post some shots of the character on here:
A good body shot, I guess -
Flying, a good shot with her wings -
Action shot!  Shows her fire in action -

Other character references:
Jessica Mason - First issue cover
Bobby - the blonde one
Kraysch - the concept picture, which I'm using as the reference to send people to

I'm looking for a good Shock page, but for now I say ask Macattack.

Posted at

shastab-
ditch the hyperlinks and just paste the full addresses so we can just copy and paste as needed. forum linkage is on the fritz.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

That's odd.  The links work fine for me.  But, here you go:

Jessica Mason: http://www.thefallenangel.co.uk/highmaintenance/?id=1

Bobby: http://www.thefallenangel.co.uk/highmaintenance/?id=25 (the blonde one–he's the Oracle to Jessica Mason's Batman, though he is not disabled)

Kraysch: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/Azzamacazza/Kraysch.png

Also, I wanted to remind people that my username is shortened to Shasta.  The B24 is separate.  It is not that I was the 24th person to take the name Shastab.  That, or call me Ave.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Gah! I hate the current posting system.  I wasn't even trying to post links, and I had three up there.

Okay, let's try the other two.

Bobby (the blonde one–he's the Oracle to Jessica Mason's Batman, though he is not disabled): http://www.thefallenangel.co.uk/highmaintenance/?id=25 (the blonde one–he's the Oracle to Jessica Mason's Batman, though he is not disabled)

I'm putting this one inbetween to see if it actually works better like this.

Kraysch: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/Azzamacazza/Kraysch.png

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Lemniskate brought up something I just hadn't remembered to do: there need to be good references for Jenny Everywhere and Jenny Nowhere. Threfore, I shall offer these:

Jenny Everywhere - I think Diana Nock drew a good version (and this is the Wikipedia image). That is below.

She would not have the bag. Her features are somewhere between Asian and Native American. Blue jeans, green coat, red scarf. Also, the original picture can still be drawn from:

By this, I mean the thing in her hair. Just a little touch of detail for those who want to include it.

Jenny Nowhere - Of course, it's easy to draw off the original drawing.

Though she is encouraged by the Jenny Eveywhere community to change from one appearance to another, it would be nice to maintain some familiarity, and this was the look I was thinking of when I wrote the script (especially the cigarette). I would say she has pale blond (almost white) hair and very untanned Caucasian skin. Her sleeves go down all the way, complimented by full gloves. Her pants go to her knees before the rest of them are covered by her boots, which are very tight and end in a slight heel (a juxtaposition to Jenny Everywhere's sensible boots). It's more of a simple black outfit than anything.

But what do you guys think? If anybody has already drawn their versions, I would like to see what they have come up with. Maybe there's a better (or more original) design out there.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

I'd like to add a pigtail or plait to Jenny Nowhere, like on Scorpio from Zodiac.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Go ahead. And a revised picture of Jenny Nowhere on this thread would be appreciated–even if it's a cropped version of the page you're doing.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

So this is the Jenny Nowhere I used in my page:

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Since Macattack is likely a bit busy due to the wiki and the contest he recently set up, I thought I'd post the reference for Shock I downloaded before the server move:

Also, Lemniskate is finished with his portion, and it looks amazing.  Any artists wanting a reference to how he set up the scene can ask me (or him, of course).

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

Hello I just stop by to say page 6,39 is done or i should say inking part anyway right now I'm drawing page 15 and after that I will be drawing page 40 this weekend and well the fun part coloring :-)

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Woo!  I can't wait to see the finished product.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Yeah, I can wait.  The Ecotist story is one I've been anticipating, too, because I drew a page.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Actually, Lemniskate drew it rather intact, for what it's worth.

And Fractal's defining aspect (and why I only drew the costume) is change.  The character is constantly shifting to different genders, races, etc. and the costume also has a variable fractal pattern on it.  Obviously this is not exactly the easiest character to make iconic, but it does allow for a great degree of flexibility when the character is drawn from page to page (and panel to panel, actually).  Interesting fact, though: Fractal's secret identity is an ambiguously brown androgynous one and takes much effort to maintain (the changing of form is just a natural aspect of Fractal's nature).  Overall, though, I think I created Fractal in part because I am not consistent in drawing characters from one panel to another, and if I ever draw a comic with the character, I don't have to worry so much about consistency.

In such an event, Fractal is the one character where it does not matter what other people have drawn in order to depict hir (unless I had included the civilian form, which I didn't).

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

Whoops, yeah, didn't think about how much and how long the fighting has already been going on, so… intact. But since I didn't depict the front part of the church (the wall opposite to the altar, i.e. the wall with the entrance), from my side there are no restrictions on how much destruction happened there.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Jess's hair is all black, as far as I can tell.  The white looks like a way to highlight it, as you can't really shade black.  And the paint also goes above her eyes:

I've always seen Bobby as blond, as well.  I shall promptly ask Angel about that, and what he'd be wearing.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Angel got back to me:
"Yes, Bobby's hair is blonde  :)
Attire - that would be a tux / suit on top with shorts and sneakers (think
beach-bum, he's definitely a comfort over fashion kinda person)

Hope that helps, looking forward to seeing things!"

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.