Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

Hey all, 
Considering how much I post on here I thought I'd throw my hat in with the rest of you. I know artists are always in short supply.
Most of you have seen my artwork, and if you haven't follow the banner ad below. I'm better at colouring than drawing but I'm willing to do either or if it will help out :) I just ask for no pages with suggestive scenes or excessive swearing as I'd get in over my head in trouble if someone saw me drawing those :P
Hope I can help!
Mac

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

Mind if I become an artist? I wanna start contributing to HA and I think I'd be better as artist than a writer.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Byth, I thought you were doing some of my story.  If not, do you want me to send you some pages to draw?

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

@stabstab24, Don't worry, I'm still doing the story. I just wanted to actually become apart of the artist pool.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i can take about 2 pages at a time, provided they arent due in the IMMEDIATE future. i may need a few weeks notice.

Posted at

Eff Yes, Nice to see Pit Face is going to do some art here!!!

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

What's up, guys?! 
I realize it's been a while since I've been here. It's good to see things are still moving along. Some of you know I've been striving to get work doing comics, and at one point, actually succeeded in getting a small gig. That time has come and gone, as I had to drop from the project due many complications during its production (inconsistencies within the Company and its treatment of the project). I stopped by here after seeing Abt's post on DA of the new page and caught up. I like where everything is going, and I actually rather miss it. I was thinking maybe as a cool down while I hunt for more work I sign up in the artists' pool again for perhaps a page here and there or as needed. It'll be good to work with you all again and be able to show everyone how my skills have progressed (if you haven't been following me, already). 
Keep me posted!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Meechi: Thanks for offering to contribute - or should I say: Welcome back? :P I'll make sure to get back to you once we assign pages for the next chapter.

Eric_blitz
Eric_blitz
Posted at

The main reason I am posting here again (I'm already on the list) is to publicly state that I am back into the webcomic game and am ready to help out with HA! 
I'd prefer to just do penicles, but I suppose I could also ink my work as well. The only thing I would rather not do is color. 

Eric_blitz
Eric_blitz
Posted at

The main reason I am posting here again (I'm already on the list) is to publicly state that I am back into the webcomic game and am ready to help out with HA! 
I'd prefer to just do penicles, but I suppose I could also ink my work as well. The only thing I would rather not do is color. 

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Okay, I'm in.  at least in some shape or form.  I can colour or do a couple of pages from scratch.  I don't check this forum that often so please email me on
genejoke.alex@googlemail.com

Posted at

Been a while, only just caught up with what's been going on in the HUniverse and boy have I missed a lot, anyway count me back in for art!

AcTs
AcTs
Posted at

If you guys need a page again, I can do one.. Hopefully genejoke can color again  =)

Posted at

Hi there. I'd be interested to commit some art for Heroes Alliance but before officially signing up I'd like to know few things. I don't have much fresh art by me on the internet - the freshest example is in the "submit your villains here" thread - so how do I prove I'm worthy of being featured on the artist list, do I submit a sample when asked or is it more like 'as long as he's eager it doesn't matter what the level of his art is' kind of deal?

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

there may be a better answer to this, but i'd just say draw somethin gup to date and post it up here!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I agree with PIT_FACE. What's most important to me - more important than the current status of their art - is that the artists who contribute are in some way dedicated to improving their art. That they love what they do. That they really ARE artists, in that sense :-) In webcomics, I think that's usually a given, since webcomic artists rarely ever work for any external reward that goes beyond the finished work.

Pragmatically, what's important for working on HA is that you're able to tell stories with your art alone. You need to be able to translate the scripts into art. You need to be confident that you can communicate whatever is needed for the narrative - the worst thing isn't delivering "bad art", but to leave people guessing about the narrative. The worst response for an artist, given they're working with a well-written script, would be "what is happening here?"

But I think if you are an artist in the sense I outlined, you probably wouldn't have a problem whipping up some samples for us to look at, right? :-)

Posted at

It took a while but I made a small sample with few Heroes Alliance members (keep in mind that this is the first time I've drawn any of these characters). Merry Holidays!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Thanks for drawing this! Maybe I should post it on the main site, seeing as how we don't have Christmas stuff to post :) Is that Brad on the far right? What's Bombshell scolding him for? :p

Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
Thanks for drawing this! Maybe I should post it on the main site, seeing as how we don't have Christmas stuff to post :) Is that Brad on the far right? What's Bombshell scolding him for? :p

That is indeed Brad and Bombshell is scolding him for trying to add something a tad stronger in his hot chocolate (there are the first letters of 'Carlsberg' visible on the bottle but some details got mushed in cramming this picture to the forum's size). If you feel the picture doesn't need some adittional details to explain the Bombshell/Relik gag better then feel free to add it to the main site.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Is there much call for just colourists? My artistic skills are rudimentary at best, but I'm moderately tolerable with a graphics program, and I could help out on that side of things sometimes. What sort of turnaround times are required? 
Some examples of my colouring (and art :/). I'm aware I need to get better with light and shade… 
A couple examples 
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heroes_Alliance_Monthly_Mayhem/5390248/
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heroes_Alliance_Monthly_Mayhem/5393609/

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

(I guess I should replicate this here)

My art style is still formative and uneven, and it takes me quite a long time (sometimes a week or more) to produce a finished page.

If that's not a problem I would be very happy to contribute pages sometimes (preferably less complex ones to begin with).

Still happy to do colouring, too.

An example of my work is at: http://www.drunkduck.com/Tales_of_the_Unpredictable_Chaos/ 

Thanks.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.